User Reviews for Qvar RediHaler to treat Asthma, Maintenance (Page 4)

Qvar RediHaler has an average rating of 2.5 out of 10 from a total of 91 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance. 10% of those users who reviewed Qvar RediHaler reported a positive effect, while 77% reported a negative effect.

Qvar RediHaler Rating Summary

2.5/10 average rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Qvar RediHaler

Barney · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2019

“I find that Qvar Redihaler doesn't dispense all the time. Like it runs out too soon. My COPD has gotten worse because I thought it was working and only sucking in my air and not getting any of the medicine”

kf · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 15, 2018

“Worked well for me before they changed the inhaler type. Now it is a challenge to get the medicine in my lungs properly; it's hard for me to take deep breaths because of my asthma. Just bought a new one because the last one stopped working at 40 doses left. As soon as I opened the cap, medicine sprayed out on its own, and I had to hurry to put my mouth over it. Don't even know if I got enough of the dose, but I hope so since the price went up significantly. Anxious to use it again, I'm afraid all the propellant might come out of mine too like a previous reviewer stated if it's doing all that on its own. Thanks.”

Lq2 · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

“The very first time I used this it sprayed for so long that when I took my mouth off it was still spraying and I dropped it. The 2nd time I used it, same thing (didn't drop it though). Third time I tried to use it, didn't work at all so apparently it's because all the propellent came out. So I basically inhaled tons of HFA's and ethanol. I'm sure that's great for my lungs”

LA Jill March 9, 2019

“The RediHaler does not have enough force to deliver the medication to be helpful to me. The previous delivery method was so much better. This is useless (i even tried modifying it to pump versus having to suck/inhale) and I’m so upset because it used to work so well. It also costs me a small fortune even with insurance. I’m going to ask my allergist for something else.”

Ann July 25, 2018

“It works well until the counter is red. The first one quit with “20” still left; my second one stopped working at the # 16. With the high cost, I want to be able to get all 120 doses. So frustrating!”

Lvsminpins · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 10, 2019

“I had been on Qvar for a couple years. I didn’t realize for a while but when the inhaler changed to the RediHaler my health went downhill. My thyroid was affected, and I ended up with adrenal fatigue as well. No appetite, and after 9 months I was dropping weight fast. What finally clicked was my super super dry mouth-thrush. I started researching and found that the RediHaler can have the side effects-but they are rare. The day after I stopped this medication my appetite was back. 2 1/2 months later my energy is slowly getting back to normal, but I need to rest a lot.”

Anonymous July 2, 2019

“My inhaler malfunctioned after the counter showed respectively 28 and 52. This forces me to order a new inhaler before my insurance will partially pay for it. Also, I was out of town last time this problem occurred. I will be asking the Dr. for a new prescription—-if possible an inhaler that will not be a Redihaler type.”

Gene · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 3, 2018

“I used QVAR (with spacer) for 4-5 years. When it became unavailable (because it used a propellant (HFA-134a) for which environmental concerns might or might not exist), my doctor switched me to another asthma medicine, which I did not like. I requested a return to QVAR and got the Qvar RediHaler. While it sometimes quits working before 120 doses, it usually provides 100-110 (or more) doses. I have no complaints. I am puzzled by some comments here because Qvar RediHaler does not use a propellant, to the best of my knowledge. These comments make me wonder if we are using different products.”

Gardengirl · Taken for 10 years or more May 17, 2019

“I have been on Qvar 80 for about a decade. My asthma was completely under control. Now the last 2 Redihalers have been a nightmare. My current one squirts out liquid seconds after I inhale. If I leave it in my mouth. It shoots out the medicine and it hurts and causes me to choke. I have had so much more trouble with my asthma attacks, my asthma isn'r controlled. And since my Medicare insurance won’t cover it, I’m paying for an expensive inhaler that doesn’t work.”

Joe · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2019

“As others have stated, after using about half a puffer, it clogs or sprays your face after you pull it away. Ripping the device apart by peeling off the label and twisting off the top is the only way to use the second half of the medicine. Cleaning it doesn't always work. I changed to another drug since I can't tell when it stops delivering medicine until days later when my asthma gets worse. This Qvar RediHaler is unsafe for asthmatics.”

Kermit · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 6, 2019

“As with others who have given Qvar RediHaler a one star. I am having the same problem with the “redihaler device” compared to the old style. They need to fix this now. Causing severe medical problems.”

I hate red inhaler · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 18, 2018

“The QVAR red inhaler has a terrible taste. It taste like anti itch medicine. I don't like how I have to wash my mouth out after and can't swallow. I liked my old QVAR inhaler. It has been really smokey so I have to use more. I don't like how you don't have a button to press. I felt like I have more control over my inhaler when I can push it down. I also feel like I get more medicine in with my spacer. I am going to the doctor and begging them to prescribe me to a different inhaler.”

Katydid · Taken for 10 years or more April 4, 2021

“I too am having problems with the Red-inhaler. I’m getting tired of calling the company to get them replaced. This current one stopped working 90 puffs left. What happens is that a big puff of something comes out and causes me to cough, and then there is nothing left in it hardly. I pulled it apart to use it like the old-style actuator as someone suggested, and it is still mostly empty. Last time I call TEVA about it, they said they were studying this problem. I hope they get it sorted out soon and give us back the old inhaler design that worked. It’s sad, QVAR was the one inhaler that worked for me.”

Shorty4233 · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2021

“Anytime my inhalers stop working I take the silver canister out of the device and lay it sideways in a bowl of water. Let inhaler sit there for 5-10 seconds then dry it off and put back in device. Boom! Like new! Hope this helps :)”

Wheezywillie March 31, 2021

“I am on my third redihaler this month. First two, same lot, no medication dispensed, just excipient(s). It works better for me than budesonide, can’t take fluticasone. I have also seen short dosing, extended spraying with between 20 and 40 doses left.”

Beaker April 24, 2020

“This RediHaler dispenser sometimes delivers a large blast when I open it. Then no medicine on the inhale. It seems defective and I'm getting worse, not better.”

XR80 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 3, 2021

“All 3 QVars have stopped working just like everyone else says. The design is terrible. Please fix it. Medicine is ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Delivery method is negative stars”

BK · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 28, 2020

“This new Redihaler system sucks. I have had three in a row fail. Time to find a different medication.”

Concerned parent August 12, 2019

“For everyone having issues with the new qvar redihaler, please report it to the FDA! With no available alternatives, manufacturers should be held liable to fix their product issues.”

Hope January 22, 2019

“Terrible redesign! Asthma was totally controlled under the old Qvar Inhaler. With the new design, not enough med coming out--if at all! QVAR, lives are at stake, fix this, please!”

Hopeful · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 23, 2019

“No way to check if working. Doesn't taste or smell of any substance. I don't feel like I'm breathing as easily as when on old Qvar inhaler.”

Madness · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 26, 2019

“This RediHaler device inhaler cost too much and broke halfway through using it”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 29, 2019

“New Inhalers device fail when still half or more of the medicine is left”

anida November 20, 2020

“I like QVAR. Never had a problem with it, used it to the very end.And as a medication works excellent.”

KIP · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

“The QVAR REDIHALER does not work as well as the previous QVAR device. I get a terrible dry mouth and throat. Please go back to the original.”