User Reviews for Azelastine / fluticasone nasal to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Dymista

Azelastine/fluticasone Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 346 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Azelastine/fluticasone

"Why would anyone make a nasal spray smell like flowers? Seriously, are they unaware how many allergy sufferers there are. Why not sandalwood or herbal scent? Not marigold+goldenrod!!! What a waste of money. You’ll be sneezing as soon as you spray."

NC pollen sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Using f Dymista or over 3 years now and it works perfectly for my dust and pet allergies. Tried Rhinocort but this caused nose bleeds, also tried Omnaris but this was not as effective as Dymista (didn't smell/taste as bad though). A couple of tricks are to do a light spray in each nostril, not a full dose. This helps in 2 ways, it lasts much longer and doesn't flow into your mouth as much . I was also told by my GP that the spray isn't meant to be sniffed into your sinuses like some others, just spray pointing directly up to coat the nasal passage. I also regulate my usage to when it is required, so in the colder months I only use it 2 to 3 times a week. Hope this helps."

Justapatient (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 14, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I am in my late 50s and have suffered with a dry cough since I was young. I have seen so many doctors and specialists to our rule anything that might be major going on. I recently visited an allergy specialist who gave me allergy tests. The tests were negative. She wanted me to try a nasal spray called Dymista as she believes I have a nasal drip. I have been using this spray now for 3 weeks with NO sign of the dry cough. I feel great with no real side effects. I am keeping my fingers crossed that finally I have a solution to my issue. It’s expensive however I don’t care. It’s quality of life! Highly recommended this drug."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have had chronic sinusitis on and off for nearly 20 years and would often get severe URTI from the infected and constant nasal drip. Rather than take the surgical route, my GP suggested Dymista. I have only been using it for 6 days but I can feel that it is working already. I can smell aromas again. The nasty taste is there because of the steroid content but I did my research before starting the treatment. I do the following: 1) I gargle with mouth wash after each session. 2) I allow a further 20 to 30 minutes to pass before using a nasal wash to rinse out any infected phlegm and the residue of the spray which can cause Candida (thrush) in my nose and mouth. Candida is a pretty-much-guaranteed side effect if you don't wash out after using; the same thing I do with the Symbicort (puffer). I will update in 6 weeks when my first round finishes and report any significant changes in the size of the polyps and how well I can breathe."

Neil59 April 13, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Love it"

Sensei (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have tried nearly every nasal spray out there Dymista combined with advair diskus 500mcg are the only combo that worked for my severe allergy to mould spores and mild asthma. My lung function is 100% and I have 90%+ control over allergy. This compared to before I would guess sinusitis every year and polyps growth. It is a life saver and make a different to my quality of life. I able to live a near normal life because of it."

Joseph-rat (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 20, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "What an amazing drug. I have been suffering from blocked and runny nose, loss of taste and smell for three years now. The only thing that helped was prednisone. My ENT doctor would only give me prednisone a couple of times a year. I went to my GP and she told me to try Dymista. What an amazing drug. Very expensive but really worth it. It is the only thing that has worked for me."

Jill (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I developed adult onset allergic asthma and with that came the worst ever allergic rhinitis. The only thing that would help clear it up was prednisone. My allergist prescribed every spray out there and finally brought up Dymista. He said he only prescribes it to those who have proven tough to treat effectively. But, this drug is insanely expensive. There are discount cards you can get for it. I pay $29/monthly by using multiple discounts. He warned me my insurance company would first deny the medication because they don’t want to have to pay for such an expensive one. They received my records to show I had tried everything else. It was approved after that. The only side effect I had was this horrible bitter taste it gives in the back of your throat. Dymista is amazing though. I was miserable beforehand. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t smell anything, my nose was somehow running while also being beyond stuffed up. It made me hate life. All my symptoms are gone now."

Hrpuff (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have been using this spray for 3 days due to an allergy to pet dander. It worked immediately to block the allergens and open my stuffed nose. Before this spray I tried using Allegra, Claritin, Rupall, Allegra and a few others. I also tried 2 different homeopathic meds I found at the health food store... NOTHING WORKED UNTIL NOW! This spray has enabled me to be around my pet without the allergic reactions , starting from the very first dose!! I got this as a sample from my doctor."

Sneeze NoMore (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Ok so an update to using this product, although I've been using it for a few days I had to stop because I started developing hives all over my body, (face, neck, shoulders, hips, thighs, legs) really disappointed that I have an allergic reaction to one of the chemicals in Dymista because it worked really well. #sigh"

reubz (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "What a useless product. I may as well have used water - would have had a better effect."

Ro (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Kept sneezing all day , eyes were watery, I litrally was incapable of doing anything. No spray or medication was working! Then I tried Dymista, ( paid the heavy price) but it worked almost instantly. Been 4 days now and no sneezing, no allergies, no watery eyes, no runny nose. #HappyTears"

reubz (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Dymista change my life in nightmare. Dont use that drug! It narrows the blood vessels specially in your head that's why you will have migraine for long time. In my example 3 months. It causes bronchospasm. You will feel like you have asthma. Also long lasting. Your heart will slow so bad. You will feel like you are dying. To many side effects. PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE THIS IT'S TO RISKY."

Blackbeard November 29, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "The best nasal spray for clearing nasal congestion and sinuses. Expensive, but you can claim from private health fund. To avoid unpleasant taste, keep your head facing down at your feet for about 40 seconds, all good. Highly recommended."

Suzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have been using Dymista spray for about 5 weeks. I have not had any noticeable side effects at all. This was prescribed by my ENT due to constant drainage, as well as issues with sinuses that felt full and painful. Since starting Dymista, the drainage has improved and I do not have a constant need to clear my throat. My sinuses have been clear and (the best part) I have not had even one headache since starting the spray. Previously I had horrible sinus headaches that would last for three to five days with no relief from any medication. This is amazing! Fingers crossed that this pattern holds and I remain headache free!"

Maraldo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "It really works..bye bye to headaches and blockage, I suffer from seasonal allergic all year round. No taste at all. I Also noted that it is helping me to go to the toilet everyday. Usually I go to the toilet every 3 days. Highly recommended product!! Thanks"

Laylina (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "After suffering from chronic rhinosinusitis on and off for years, I have been prescribed Dymista and immediately, my sinuses and ears felt clearer. However day 3 onwards, I have felt so fatigued, horrible sinus headache with sharp pains across my head feeling congested in my ears and heavy eyes. My pharmacist did initially say that I would need to use it for 3 weeks before it really gets to work. And its only day 6. So am hoping it gets better soon."

HC (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Life changing. I was at the end of my rope having tried everything to stop my constant runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes. I had to sleep sitting up and would wake up so stuffed up, I had to breathe through my mouth, disgusting. I was miserable and everyone around me was over it too. My allergist recommended trying Dymista until my allergy shots were ready, and in one use it completely cleared my sinuses. I used it morning and night as instructed for 5 days and now I only need to use it about twice a week, incredible. It's expensive but worth every penny. I feel like a new person."

AMC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "First time taking it I felt horrible. Yes the taste is awful but also my throat felt sore and my breathing was affected. I would take a drink of some juice and the awful taste did not leave. So I tried some apple cider vinegar with water and that still did not work. I had the worst feeling ever after 1 dose. I will be contacting my ENT doctor. I know it varies among people but that awful taste and feeling upon using is unforgettable."

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Worst drug ever. After 3 days of use, I had glosodiny (mouth burning syndrome), my mouth tongue was burning 24 hours a day. It lasted one week after the side effect passed."

Andy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "The results last only for an hour. Worst taste ever."

JK (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I’ve been using Dymista for nearly 2 years. Never had any side effects from it and I am drug sensitive. Yes it does taste horrible if it goes down to your throat but if used properly you won’t have that problem. I suffer with chronic sinus infections and nasal polyps but won’t have surgery due to a fear of general aneasthesia hence the long term use of dymista. If I miss a few doses the polyps return and I simply can’t breath through my nose but within 24-48 hours of returning to the dymista I am polyp free and I can breath again. Don’t let negative reviews put you off using this nasal spray. Give it time to work and always remember that any drug can cause side effects but if you persevere with the medication these will go. I’m also based in Wales, uk so thankfully my prescriptions for medicines are FREE!"

JDB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I had side effects on the first dose. Felt drunk, terrible taste. My GP advised I trial it for 3 weeks and I'm SO glad I did. The side effects disappeared on the second day, I haven't sneezed in a week (down from dozens of times per day), my post nasal drip is drying up, my sinus pain has gone and I can breathe through my nose for the first time in months. FYI, you're not supposed to sniff it. Sniffing it causes it to go to your throat not your nose (hence the taste). I recommend persisting past one dose if you want to have any benefit."

Lulu July 19, 2018

"I use Dymista 125/50 and it is amazing! Sure the taste isn't the best but the directions do say to drink some water for a little while to wash it down. I have been a hayfever and sinus suffer for as long as I can remember. I've had an operation to remove polyps and have had countless infections :( The post nasal drip has been hell as it has caused many chest infections and breathing problems yet after one spray in daily in my nose of dymista the post nasal drip eases/stops and it allows me to clear my throat and chest. It opens up my nasal passages and allows me to blow out the start of any infections. I would highly recommend this product Although the cost is high. This lasts a few months so well worth it"

Kj (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "The doctor sprayed Dymista up my nose in his office after I told him, if there are side effects, I'm drug sensitive, I will have them. But he said the side effects are rare and before I knew it he sprayed and I only did little sniffs and not a big sniff to get it up very far. The taste was horrible and I can still taste it hours later. My eyes hurt and feel dry. The eye pain is the worse side effect so far. I have a headache that occurred within 30 min after he sprayed. I see far more serious side effects listed. The bottle he gave me is now in the trash and I left his office a message."

dctravelerworkfun May 22, 2018