User Reviews for Azelastine / fluticasone nasal to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Dymista

Azelastine/fluticasone Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 352 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Azelastine/fluticasone

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "What an amazing drug. I have been suffering from blocked and runny nose, loss of taste and smell for three years now. The only thing that helped was prednisone. My ENT doctor would only give me prednisone a couple of times a year. I went to my GP and she told me to try Dymista. What an amazing drug. Very expensive but really worth it. It is the only thing that has worked for me."

Jill (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I developed adult onset allergic asthma and with that came the worst ever allergic rhinitis. The only thing that would help clear it up was prednisone. My allergist prescribed every spray out there and finally brought up Dymista. He said he only prescribes it to those who have proven tough to treat effectively. But, this drug is insanely expensive. There are discount cards you can get for it. I pay $29/monthly by using multiple discounts. He warned me my insurance company would first deny the medication because they don’t want to have to pay for such an expensive one. They received my records to show I had tried everything else. It was approved after that. The only side effect I had was this horrible bitter taste it gives in the back of your throat. Dymista is amazing though. I was miserable beforehand. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t smell anything, my nose was somehow running while also being beyond stuffed up. It made me hate life. All my symptoms are gone now."

Hrpuff (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have been using this spray for 3 days due to an allergy to pet dander. It worked immediately to block the allergens and open my stuffed nose. Before this spray I tried using Allegra, Claritin, Rupall, Allegra and a few others. I also tried 2 different homeopathic meds I found at the health food store... NOTHING WORKED UNTIL NOW! This spray has enabled me to be around my pet without the allergic reactions , starting from the very first dose!! I got this as a sample from my doctor."

Sneeze NoMore (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Ok so an update to using this product, although I've been using it for a few days I had to stop because I started developing hives all over my body, (face, neck, shoulders, hips, thighs, legs) really disappointed that I have an allergic reaction to one of the chemicals in Dymista because it worked really well. #sigh"

reubz (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "What a useless product. I may as well have used water - would have had a better effect."

Ro (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Kept sneezing all day , eyes were watery, I litrally was incapable of doing anything. No spray or medication was working! Then I tried Dymista, ( paid the heavy price) but it worked almost instantly. Been 4 days now and no sneezing, no allergies, no watery eyes, no runny nose. #HappyTears"

reubz (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Dymista change my life in nightmare. Dont use that drug! It narrows the blood vessels specially in your head that's why you will have migraine for long time. In my example 3 months. It causes bronchospasm. You will feel like you have asthma. Also long lasting. Your heart will slow so bad. You will feel like you are dying. To many side effects. PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE THIS IT'S TO RISKY."

Blackbeard November 29, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "The best nasal spray for clearing nasal congestion and sinuses. Expensive, but you can claim from private health fund. To avoid unpleasant taste, keep your head facing down at your feet for about 40 seconds, all good. Highly recommended."

Suzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have been using Dymista spray for about 5 weeks. I have not had any noticeable side effects at all. This was prescribed by my ENT due to constant drainage, as well as issues with sinuses that felt full and painful. Since starting Dymista, the drainage has improved and I do not have a constant need to clear my throat. My sinuses have been clear and (the best part) I have not had even one headache since starting the spray. Previously I had horrible sinus headaches that would last for three to five days with no relief from any medication. This is amazing! Fingers crossed that this pattern holds and I remain headache free!"

Maraldo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "It really works..bye bye to headaches and blockage, I suffer from seasonal allergic all year round. No taste at all. I Also noted that it is helping me to go to the toilet everyday. Usually I go to the toilet every 3 days. Highly recommended product!! Thanks"

Laylina (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "After suffering from chronic rhinosinusitis on and off for years, I have been prescribed Dymista and immediately, my sinuses and ears felt clearer. However day 3 onwards, I have felt so fatigued, horrible sinus headache with sharp pains across my head feeling congested in my ears and heavy eyes. My pharmacist did initially say that I would need to use it for 3 weeks before it really gets to work. And its only day 6. So am hoping it gets better soon."

HC (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Life changing. I was at the end of my rope having tried everything to stop my constant runny nose, sneezing and itchy eyes. I had to sleep sitting up and would wake up so stuffed up, I had to breathe through my mouth, disgusting. I was miserable and everyone around me was over it too. My allergist recommended trying Dymista until my allergy shots were ready, and in one use it completely cleared my sinuses. I used it morning and night as instructed for 5 days and now I only need to use it about twice a week, incredible. It's expensive but worth every penny. I feel like a new person."

AMC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "First time taking it I felt horrible. Yes the taste is awful but also my throat felt sore and my breathing was affected. I would take a drink of some juice and the awful taste did not leave. So I tried some apple cider vinegar with water and that still did not work. I had the worst feeling ever after 1 dose. I will be contacting my ENT doctor. I know it varies among people but that awful taste and feeling upon using is unforgettable."

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Worst drug ever. After 3 days of use, I had glosodiny (mouth burning syndrome), my mouth tongue was burning 24 hours a day. It lasted one week after the side effect passed."

Andy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "The results last only for an hour. Worst taste ever."

JK (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I’ve been using Dymista for nearly 2 years. Never had any side effects from it and I am drug sensitive. Yes it does taste horrible if it goes down to your throat but if used properly you won’t have that problem. I suffer with chronic sinus infections and nasal polyps but won’t have surgery due to a fear of general aneasthesia hence the long term use of dymista. If I miss a few doses the polyps return and I simply can’t breath through my nose but within 24-48 hours of returning to the dymista I am polyp free and I can breath again. Don’t let negative reviews put you off using this nasal spray. Give it time to work and always remember that any drug can cause side effects but if you persevere with the medication these will go. I’m also based in Wales, uk so thankfully my prescriptions for medicines are FREE!"

JDB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I had side effects on the first dose. Felt drunk, terrible taste. My GP advised I trial it for 3 weeks and I'm SO glad I did. The side effects disappeared on the second day, I haven't sneezed in a week (down from dozens of times per day), my post nasal drip is drying up, my sinus pain has gone and I can breathe through my nose for the first time in months. FYI, you're not supposed to sniff it. Sniffing it causes it to go to your throat not your nose (hence the taste). I recommend persisting past one dose if you want to have any benefit."

Lulu July 19, 2018

"I use Dymista 125/50 and it is amazing! Sure the taste isn't the best but the directions do say to drink some water for a little while to wash it down. I have been a hayfever and sinus suffer for as long as I can remember. I've had an operation to remove polyps and have had countless infections :( The post nasal drip has been hell as it has caused many chest infections and breathing problems yet after one spray in daily in my nose of dymista the post nasal drip eases/stops and it allows me to clear my throat and chest. It opens up my nasal passages and allows me to blow out the start of any infections. I would highly recommend this product Although the cost is high. This lasts a few months so well worth it"

Kj (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "The doctor sprayed Dymista up my nose in his office after I told him, if there are side effects, I'm drug sensitive, I will have them. But he said the side effects are rare and before I knew it he sprayed and I only did little sniffs and not a big sniff to get it up very far. The taste was horrible and I can still taste it hours later. My eyes hurt and feel dry. The eye pain is the worse side effect so far. I have a headache that occurred within 30 min after he sprayed. I see far more serious side effects listed. The bottle he gave me is now in the trash and I left his office a message."

dctravelerworkfun May 22, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "My doctor gave me a sample of Dymista. I used one spray in each nostril and it tastes terrible. It did help with allergies, but I was exhausted, had strange dreams, unable to drive, and had to cancel a trip. I had the worst fatigue 36 hours after taking Dymista and that was with two nights of sleep. It made me feel drunk. It ruined my weekend. If one dose has this affect, long term used could have terrible side effects."

sleepy (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "I have a broken nose - a pretty good one. I am starting to be able to breathe through my nose again. My smell is getting better taste seems fine. I just get sores in my mouth - ulcers. I didn't know it was from the medication but mouth wash and salty water is maintaining it. I get anxiety when I first use it. Maybe after a bit but it's clearing my nose and it helps sleep."

Cheap shot (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "After 1 month of anti inflammatories I used dymista and got relief wirhin an hour. My allergic reactions are still unknown today but pains associated were gone in an hour. Pains returned after an hour but after steadily using for a few months, and being removed from the affected building, I returned to normal."

AniaS February 5, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Since I have been using this spray, all my runny noses and blocked nose have all stopted,. This product has changed my life and I would recommend this 100%."

Ian R (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2018

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "So far, amazing! First time since I was a small child am I able to breathe thru my nose. It's like a miracle. I always said no to surgery although docs have told me for 25 years to do it. FYI Flonase and all those other sprays never did anything for me. Zyrtec D was the only thing that helped, a little bit."

Art Teacher December 16, 2017

Dymista (azelastine / fluticasone): "Dymista is the only spray that keeps my sinuses unblocked. Without it I get sleep apnea and my hearing is affected. I also use a daily Nasal rinse. I've tried other sprays, but Dymista is the only one that really works for me. It's $50 Australian, but lasts for a few months."

Ladymaureen October 18, 2017