User Reviews for Atenolol to treat High Blood Pressure (Page 5)

Also known as: Tenormin

Atenolol Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Atenolol

yourdream March 10, 2009

“I have been taking Atenolol for more than three years. I work out daily and although I cannot get my heart rate up as high as the experts want me to, at least at 72 I can work out. Feel great!”

Anonymous February 24, 2009

“I've been taking this medication for 2 years now and it has been wonderful since the day I started.”

DerGrosse February 19, 2009

Tenormin (atenolol): “I take a combo of Dyazide and Tenormin daily. Have been doing so for more than 30 years (80 now). I find thiis combo works very well for me. I have always had a high pulse rate and a high diastolic pressure. They have been excellently regulated with this combo.”

jaggia February 4, 2009

Tenormin (atenolol): “Very effective. I would feel pleasant within 15 - 20 minutes of taking one tablet of Tenormin. No side effects felt.”

Barney2B January 30, 2009

“I was taking atenolol for almost 2 years and the only thing I noticed was the inability to push my cardio workouts too far. I switched to Coreg CR and I felt cloudy, and felt like a rubber band was around my chest. I am trying Bystolic now. First thing I notice is that my arms fall asleep at night when they are bent on my chest. I will most likely switch back to atenolol in a few days if I still have side effects. Besides the wall I was hitting when being agressive with cardio-exercise, atenolol 25mg made me feel very calm.”

Anonymous November 21, 2008

“I did develop a pain on the inside of my ankle on the left side with this medication. When switched to metoprolol, the pain disappeared and reappeared when I went back on Atenelol. Nevertheless, it has slowed down my heart rate (I have sinus tachacardia) by around 15 bpm and I enjoy better blood pressure control on this medicine.”

Mustang Ed October 17, 2008

“I have been taking a daily dose of 25 mg Atenolol for two years. It has worked well in lowering my blood pressure. I have not noticed any side effects.”

Anonymous July 18, 2008

“This medication has been very effective in treating my hypertension without all the side effects I have had with other hypertension medications. ”

leetie May 12, 2008

“I have been taking it for several years and has worked pretty well to keep blood pressure down to below 140/70. Just recently my blood pressure has gone up to average 150/80 so will also be taking a diuretic, Hydrochlorothiazide.”