User Reviews for Apremilast

5.2

Summary of Apremilast reviews 5.3 319 reviews

Reviews for Apremilast

Kg July 18, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I initially started Humira while in the military, and it worked wonders for me. I was basically clear of all psoriasis and it also helped with my colitis. After retiring, I went without for about 6 months until I could get back in with another dermatologist. I told them I was previously on humira, and she decided to go a different route? More creams and foams. Until I had a flare up and she decided to put me on otezla. It worked but at a cost. It’s been almost 3 months of otezla and the side effects have become unbearable for me. You have to make sure you eat something for sure, and you still might feel sick after taking it. Headeache and nausea can be expected. I actually had to be prescribed Zofan because of it. I’ve lost at least 10 pounds also. All in all, it’s a struggle and a routine that’s hard to get used to."

Alex · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Took Otezla for 3 months with no improvement. However the bone and joint pain became so intense while taking Otezla I had to stop taking it. Feel as if the drug may have even worsened joint pain and inflammation. Not the drug for me and sorry I even started the therapy."

Ventu · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have only tried for 3 weeks and so disappointed. My one severe spot of psoriasis improved but didn’t totally cleared. I had all 3 common symptoms of headache, diarrhea, and nausea. The worst however is my PA felt like it worsened. I don’t want biologics as I’m only 40 but not sure what other option next."

Jo · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Happy with the clearance but am struggling with the side effects. I'm 8 weeks into this treatment and have had problems with my digestive tract. I started taking a probiotic at the recommendation of my pharmacist and that's helped a lot. The pain is probably my biggest issue at this point and if it gets worse I may consider discontinuing as the pain areas are hips, back, shoulders, wrists and elbows. Sometimes my knees as well. So pretty much everywhere but not all the time. I have had psoriasis for 52 years and this is the clearest my skin has been in my memory."

Kathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Have had Psoriasis for 5 months now and have taken this med for 4 months. It appears to be getting worse. I also use an ointment. My diabetes gave me NASH (non alcohol steteo hepatis) which means my end stage liver disease with cirrhosis. I can not take the other meds because they go thru your liver. It used to work and the psoriasis would go into remission. Now, it doesn't seem to help at all."

Boug · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I took Ortezla for 6 months. I didn't experience any side effects while taking this. Although it helped with my arthritis, this drug did nothing for my psoriasis. My Dr said he has heard that after 6 months, Ortezla has stopped working for some patients & he prescribed me a different medication."

Ba June 19, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "One month ago I ordered this medicine directly. I called them a week later. I still have not received the medication, and am in pain. How can this business take such poor care of its customers? The drug was already approved by my health insurance company."

Georgia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I’ve been taking Otezla for two months. It started out okay but now the side effects are starting - headaches, insomnia, agitation (including shaky hands) and extreme nausea. Not sure if this is related to the Otezla, but I have bronchitis which is actually a side effect. My psoriasis hasn’t started to clear, so I’m going to stop. The side effects are too overwhelming."

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am 49 and have psoriasis on my legs, back, shoulders, arms, back of scalp, and finally on the inside and outside back of both ears. It has progressively gotten worse since 1998. I was on Otezla for 7 days after receiving a sample packet from my Doctor. I and had nausea, diarrhea, headache, throwing up, and an upper respiratory infection for 5 of the 7 days. There was no improvement and with only seven days I didn't expect there to be. The sinus infection was the worst (lost my voice and missed work for 3 days). After reading so many reviews (good and bad) the negative far outweighs the handful of positive. I know after only seven days many would say I should give it more time, but I would rather just deal with the itching, flakes, and nasty looks people give seeing it on me. I guess I'll just wear my jeans all summer long. I made the decision to quit while I'm ahead and continue to use raw coconut oil, eucerin, and steroid creams to control dryness and outbreaks."

Carrezee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis symptoms for 25 years. I tried Ultravate, Dovonex and light with no success. Change my diet, symptoms faded, a few spots here and there. I had Strep and developed guttate psoriasis. Tried Cyclosporine, was like dying each dose. BP climbed to 200/100 but cleared up. Strep throat again, onto prednisone. I gained weight, couldn't sleep and moody. Insurance refused Otezla. Doc put me on methotrexate. Methotrexate requires blood draws and liver biopsies; worked on the spots caused strong brain pain. Discontinued Methotrexate, started Otezla. Initially diarrhea and headaches, the headaches ended after two or three weeks, the diarrhea 3 weeks. The sores on my hands were the first to go, then the irritated skin on my forearms. Its been 4 weeks and the progress is slow but visible. I use the Gotezla app to track the spots using photos. The wife noted she is seeing clearer skin also."

Jimb0s · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 28, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Spontaneous remission! Well, almost. I have the pictures to prove it. Within a few weeks I went from worst in my 55 years of Psoriasis to overwhelming success. Once I made it through diarrhea I am stellar. I have next to nothing now. Okay, every once in a while I need a steroid on my butt crack and one stray dot here and there on a leg. One weird thing is because I had such bad P everywhere I never knew I also have Vitiligo, who would have guessed. I wish everyone would get my results. Thanks Otezla!!"

SKW · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had plaque psoriasis for nearly 35 years. Tried all the topicals and just lived with it. I was having some minor depression and Dr gave me Wellbutrin and about 2 weeks in my body broke out in a wellbutrin /bupropion induced Erythrodermic Psoriasis which is life threatening. 85% of my body was covered with huge patches of open skin and extreme burning. You could feel the heat coming off my body. My Derm put me on 60mg of Prednisone that I took for a week until it made me so ill I couldn't function and I stopped it. My skin cleared completely within a few days. At that point I started Otezla. I'm 3 months in and my skin is still clear but it take Otezla a few months to 'work' so I'm not sure if I'm naturally clear or if the Otezla is actually doing something. The DOWN side is the first few weeks I had a constant pressure headache and after each dose I would feel really lousy for a few hours. So 3 months in I have basically had a headache for 3 months and feel lousy, lethargic, and blah."

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I’ve been on Otezla for 4 months. Literally no change. I don’t have any nasty side effects like some have experienced. But I was hopeful it would work as I am so sick of biologics. Well...it didn’t do anything. I may as well have taken ibuprofen. Looks like back to those damn shots. I hate this condition. But now it’s flared up like mad angry scalp. What a let down."

Agenk April 21, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I had a horrible reaction to this drug. I am a healthy 29 Year old with awful scalp plaque psoriasis. I’ve tried every topical steroid with no change. After years of desperation, my new dermatologist recommended Otezla. I was excited for something different to treat this disease. The first day taking it, I immediately felt strange: lethargic, slightly dizzy, and just “out of it” but I didn’t think anything of it. The next morning, I woke up hardly able to move my body, severe nausea and vomiting immediately. I slept all day and the worst part was that my body felt pain in every area. My back hurt, my joints, my muscles. It was absolutely horrible. There is no way I could continue taking this medication and function normally; it’s very perplexing to see people successful on this medication but I guess everyone has a different reaction. Anyone else have the same experience? I would take an itchy, flaky scalp a MILLION times over this medication."

BetterNow · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 18, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Because of another medical condition I am unable to use the biologic drugs. I have been taking Otezla since March 2018. Within 2-3 months all the outbreak areas were clear. I need to use a topical on the hairlines of my scalp occasionally. I had already had digestive issues before taking Otezla and had a real issue at the end of last year. Stopping Otezla temporarily did not relieve the symptoms so I restarted it. The digestive issues are mostly gone now as I retired and lost a lot of stress. I also take a really good probiotic since my gut was an issue. I also use a liquid supplement for my joints and drink electrolyte enhanced water. The diarrhea caused dehydration and severe muscle pain so adding the electrolytes made a huge difference. Since I started I have lost 35 pounds. It started slow but seems to be picking up. I have plenty of weight left I can lose, believe me. Eating healthier helps with energy levels."

lakeside · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 31, 2019

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis all my life.It was very mild until I turned 40, when it gradually became worse over time. I tried everything with limited effect. I mostly relied on topical agents, as I resisted going onto methotrexate, as the side effects scared me. I agreed to a trial of otezla 2 years ago, and have not looked back. Yes- the side effects are difficult, but my skin is clear. Thank you Otezla- you are a lifesaver."

CGK1967 · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Just started taking Otezla on March 20th. I started out with the low dosage and I am now currently at 30mg twice a day. In 6 days, I have lost 4 pounds, mainly from the diarrhea and have had some headaches however I will keep going with this as I am waking up with no stiffness or pain from the Psoriatic Arthritis which is a huge bonus. The only thing I really need to watch is the insomnia. Last night was not a good night for me as I tossed and turned all night but that very well could be from the Prednisone I am also taking, but only for another week or so. I am hopeful Otezla will continue to work for me because I refuse to take Biologics that my doctor wanted to put me on."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have psoriasis on my soles of feet only. Tried steroid cream to not much luck. Doc started on otezla but after 20 days the side effects are horrible. Missed work from headaches, cramping, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, and joint pain. Joint pain started just 3 days ago with starting at the shoulders then elbows, wrist in right arm now going to left arm. Eating Tums like tic taks candy."

Sandy · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been taking Otezla for over 2 years (with zero copay) and several times I thought about stopping, but only because I would forget about the severe pain I had before when attempting to straighten my fingers. I never could straighten my fingers and the pain was always there regardless. I was 57 when I started and it did take time to be able to completely straighten my fingers with no pain. When being tested prior to taking a medication for PA, I was found to have latent TB. The TB medication slowed down the effectiveness of Ortezla, but if it wasn't for Otezla I wouldn't be able to take anything. Also, because of PA I had chronic plantar fasciitis for 3+ years. Now I can walk with minimal pain. I have a couple more autoimmune disorders which may mask the true results of Otezla, so I may have improved more than I know. I did get sick for the first 2 weeks and it went away. I am grateful that Otezla exists and I would never tell anyone not to try it."

Tank Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for : "I have been on Otezla for sixteen weeks now. I have Behçet’s disease, a rare form of vasculitis which my doctor said Otezla will be approved by the FDA to treat by the end of this year. At first I had headaches and horrible nausea which wasn’t helped if I took it with food. The headaches have stopped, but not the nausea. I also have high blood pressure which this drug has made worse, along with Folliculitis. My hair has gotten very thin. I also have times when I have to hold myself back from vomiting. The pain in my joints has increased to the point that I can barely walk. I get pain in my spine (from my neck to my tail), knees and hips. And it is severe. I take a large amount of opioids for chronic pain and Otezla has negated any effect these have had. I was hoping I could quit taking the opioids with Otezla on board. I’m going to have to stop taking it because I can’t stand the pain and nausea."

G-RoiS · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "It helped very little or not at all."

nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Did nothing for my Psoriasis"

Mountain Gal February 6, 2019

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have had psoriasis since I was 16, now 79. Nothing has given me relief until now. Years ago I took methotrexate and dealt with so many side effects that I couldn’t take the drug. Afterwards plaques on my scalp would build in one day. My nails became painful and stayed loose to the cuticles, and my arthritis was extremely painful and disfiguring. I was given starter packs of Otezla October 2018 and saw a difference in the first month. Minimum side effects, slight stomach discomfort, for me. I finally feel human without the pain and embarrassment."

Lizzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis for 15 years, with 75% of my legs covered. I've tried various steroid creams and laser, but it came back as soon as I stopped. I was on Enbrel for 1 year with great success but then it stopped working. Switched to Humira and it worked great for 3 years, then it stopped working. Switched to Otezla with high hopes, but it never really worked even though I took it for 4 months. My psoriasis didn't worsen while I was on it, but it never improved either. As for side effects, I did experience a mild upset stomach all day long and sudden urges to go to the bathroom, but these lessened after about a month or so. I'm prediabetic and did note that when I stopped Humira and started Otezla my fasting blood sugar readings were much higher than normal. Now my doctor has switched me to Cosentyx and after 2 weeks am already seeing improvement."

Angel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 30, 2019

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have been taking Otezla since October 2018. Within a few weeks I have seen results, I no longer have patches anywhere on my body 100% gone. Some side affects I do have is tension headaches. Not every day but only once a week. This prescriptions says no need to take with meal but I have to eat something before I take it in the morning else I'll feel dizzy and jittery. Overall I'm so happy with the results. After dealing with psoriasis for so many years I finally can wear shorts n short sleeves shirts (:"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)