User Reviews for Apremilast

Also known as: Otezla

Learn more about Apremilast.

Plaque Psoriasis 99 reviews 20 medications

Psoriatic Arthritis 59 reviews 59 medications

5.4
Summary of Apremilast reviews 158 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Apremilast

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This drug might as well be full-blown chemotherapy. My best friend started taking this and the chronic fatigue and overall depression that he is now battling has kept him from participating in his nightly role as a special forces operative. Otezla has caused him to miss multiple engagements over the past week and I see no signs of this changing. If this continues, the drug trade in Bolivia will continue to skyrocket, and the flame of democracy will move even closer to being snuffed out. This is how the terrorists win. Thanks Big Pharm."

Matt182182 March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "3 weeks in. Abdominal issues definitely present. Not diarrhea but cramping, nausea, bowel urgency. Lasts around 2 hours after taking the medication. Can sleep through the side effects from the evening dose now. Not sure if having any emotional effects. Skin is clearing well for just three weeks on the med. I had been on Enbrel for around 3 years and alternated from the 25mg dose to the 50mg dose. Essentially stopped working. Must have developed antibodies."

ben way (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I rate Apremelast on a 50/50 basis. I've just finished the 2 week starter pack and have had wide lot of side effects on and off. But today - BAM! Headache, nausea, uncontrollable bowel.....I've only just gone back to work after 2 months of chronic PSA and now have had to blow out today because of this drug. As a total plus though, my psoriasis has halved in such a short time, so I'm going to persevere with this med. wish me luck :)"

FlusyG (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I was 7 weeks in as of today and had to stop immediately today. This drug did begin to help my psoriasis and it began to resolve, I was really happy. Anyone taking this needs to have someone watch them and their behavior. My mood and behavior changed dramatically. I got through the initial nausea and pushed through hoping the headaches would resolve. But then it got worse. I am generally happy. My interactions with people began to go sour slowly, and in spats; I would get way too worked up over things. 6-7 weeks in and I became very irritable and depressed. Heaving sobs, feeling hopeless, flying off the handle and bizarre things. It was gradual so I was confused. Felt like I was another person in my own body. Feel better already"

ddad March 8, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I gave it a 5 because of side effects. I have had guttate psoriasis for over 3 years now, and Otezla, combined with Light Therapy, is the only thing that has worked. I have been on it for almost a month now, and although it is working, the side effects are harsh. Everyones' body reacts differently, so don't let this discourage you, but for me it has not been pleasant. The only reason I am still taking it is because it is clearing up my skin and I am getting married in 17 days and I don't want to be self conscious about how I look and my Dr. said if I just stop, my guttate could flare up, which I don't need on my wedding day. I use Pepto Bismol and Excedrin for Tension headaches to control the symptoms, although it only controls it a tad bit"

H&H March 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I'm on Day 10 with this medication and am already seeing significant improvements in my psoriasis! My doctor told me it may take a month or more to see any change so this is a pleasant surprise. I had read about the side effects and was expecting the first while to be rough but man! I can't keep anything down and the diarrhea is unreal! I've found Aspirin helps the headaches, so those aren't so bad. I've lost 8 pounds since I started Otezla which is a bonus but I wouldn't say it's the best diet plan I've ever been on... I'm hoping the side effects subside as my body gets used to the medication and I'm very hopeful to see more improvements in my psoriasis!"

HRichens March 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis my entire life, the last 6 years, it has been so bad on my feet, walking is a problem. I have been on Otezla for about 3 weeks. Here is what I have experienced; I have had some good results on my feet, but a bit of a trade off. Loss of appetite, nausea occasionally, no headaches at all, and only one day of feeling lethargic and a bit sad. I also get itchy, sometimes my skin crawls especially at night, and yesterday my bones actually ached. It is so random when this comes and goes. I am still on the fence a bit with it. I am hoping these things will go away. I haven't heard anything about long term effects."

Letty1 February 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am heading into my 4th week with Otezla. My hands are clear of scales. They are looking very good. My scalp has stopped itching and feels like scales are disappearing. My legs on the other hand are red and itching. I do not see any improvement on my legs at all yet. I did experience severe nausea for the first couple of weeks but it has gotten much better. Slight occasional headaches. I am still hopeful."

Katrina al beana (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I began Otezla two weeks ago. I have extremely bad plaque psoriasis on the palms of both my hands, including terrible itching. The condition started a few years ago, at age 55. So far the Otezla is going well as far as not having the negative side affects. I have no diarrhea, only a couple of minimal headaches and no nausea. I am hopeful the Otezla will work out well. With my insurance, I pay zero out-of-pocket."

Pookie's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had Mild Psoriasis for about 20 years. I mostly used clobetasol or otc hydrocortisone creams and moisturizers. 2 years ago I had a persisternt flare up that did not respond to topical. I started Otezla 18 months. I had Psoriasis lesions on my knees elbows and ankles only. I started laser treatments and Otezla at the same time. I was 95 % cleared after 3 months. I thought it was great but then I started getting lesions in places I have never had before. I had severe lesions on hands and on plantar aspect of feet. Otezla stopped working for me. I restarted laser treatments and that really helped, after 1 month my lesions are 75% improved. I got use to Gastrointestinal side effects but I have decided to stop Otezla."

Jazxy February 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Been on it for over a year (with a one month hiatus in there). First of all, I take psyllium husk fiber every day and have NO diarrhea...definitely recommend that people on (and not on) Otezla do that. Do get occasional headaches but not too bad. Psoriasis is under control. Had bad plaques but those are mostly red skin areas now. Biggest improvement on the face...which makes this worth it to me. I do enjoy the side effect of weight loss. Would definitely recommend that one with bad Psoriasis give it a try (and stick out the first couple weeks). Still need to use a few topicals as well."

JP Birdman February 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I feel like the ground is moving under me , I have headaches and diarrhea . My hands hurt a lot, I wear white gloves to try to protect them . It would be better to learn what is causing it than to be medicated . I am not as happy as I was before this medicine . Why can they make this medicine , but not know what is wrong ?"

cherry15 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "All was ok while I was taking ebrel injections and then after months my doctor told me to take a new medicine more safe . So I took otezla. Took the starter kit and continue into 2 pills per day. Nausea, diarrhea and headaches start then. The doctor told me that the first month all these thinks happen. Then after 2 months I had brutal headaches fatigue and pain in some of my fingers my legs and also in the back. The back pain is the worse of all. I wake up early morning every day with strong back pain . When I coughing I also pain . First I thought that the pain war because of the bed then I realised that it was the side effects of the medicine. I still continue the therapy and waiting to change back to injections ."

Jimaros January 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I took Otenzla for 6 weeks stopped it because I broke out worse no relief whatsoever very disappointed."

Kimmie92270 January 24, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This worked very well but I had bad nausea and diarrhea so 2 months in almost ALL my psoriasis was gone. So I stopped taking it for a week, the side effects were gone, BUT the psoriasis just returned, and worse. If you can handle feeling like you want to throw up all the time and soil yourself at any given time, try it. What they don't tell you in the ads is, yeah it works, but you'll probably have to take this med for the rest of your life. If you stop, the psoriasis will return even worse. Anyway, this has been my experience."

Thomas from PA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Hi everybody, Sweden's calling: I've been on Otezla for more than 9 months and most of my Plaque Psoriasis have cleared up! It seems like the scalp is showing some resistance but I'm not giving up. Had some side effects like diahrrea and poor appetite in the begining but it's all fine now. Take care!"

persian call (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been taking Otezla for about 8 weeks. I experienced nausea, frequent bowel movements, headaches, and a lack of appetite although the severity tapered off after a few weeks, they still continue. As I did more research into others who have taken it I have experienced 2 trips to the ER due to inflammation in my feet and I feel so fatigued and don't want to do anything...but I feel better if I move around a bit...but I get wore out pretty easy and then my feet are killing me. I'd like to say I feel better than when I started... and in some ways I do. I used to feel like my joints were fusing together, I couldn't walk up or down stairs, and I couldn't open a bottle of water. I feel a lot looser now and can do some things. I still hurt."

Huck321 January 3, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "My experience with Otezla was brutal, I had extreme issues with the company itself it was as if no one was on the same page, some times the medicine wouldn't get there before I ran out and was being told 10 different things from their reps. Trying to get insurance to assist did not happen. I would never recommend this product or co. My usage saw very, very, minimal results after 3 months straight. I saw maybe a 1/2 of a percent change in appearance etc. And what they don't tell you is if you have to stop to taking this medication re: Can't afford it etc. Your Psoriasis will not only fully return but it sends it into Hyper drive creating way worse conditions than you started with."

Regretful user. January 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I'm 4 days in to starting otezla, not even to the full 30mg per day and I'm quitting. The nausea, headaches, and awful stomach pain is just not worth it. It is really bad. Going to try something else."

TG6 December 27, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I had psoriasis when I was a child that cleared. When I hit about 40 it came back with a vengence...hands, arms, knees, scalp , face, back, etc. I tried everything except biologics that had such horrible side effects. One day I saw Otezla on tv. I wanted to try it so much but my insurance didn't cover it. Then I changed my insurance and it was covered! I got the starter pack and began taking the medicine. Within one week it started working! I was so happy...no more scaling and flaking, cracking and bleeding,or painful, itching scalp. I had some pretty bad nausea and more frequent bowel movements but it was worth it. Now into week 5 the nausea has subsided. Hang in there with the side effects and they will go away and oh what reward!"

Barb1022 December 27, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I took this medication last month and the first 7 days were so bad I stopped. The normal side effects of nausea, diarrhea and migraines. My doctor convinced me to give it another go. I must say it is not as bad the second time. I have been back on it for 3 days and as long as I stay hydrated and take tylenol as soon as I feel the headache come on it hasn't been as bad and I can mange the diarrhea. I wish I would have stuck through because I would be 2 months into treatment. Better late than ever. don't give up"

Anonymous December 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've been on otezla for 3 weeks now and all I can say it that this drug really works. I've been suffering from psoriasis for 6 years now. It mostly affected my scalp but also it started to spread to the rest of my body. After just 3 weeks the patches on my skin began to fade. My scalp is still scaly and itchy but I can already see the improvement in that area too. As for side effects, I had some slight headaches and stomach aches at the beginning and more frequent bowel movements but it didn't really affect my daily life whatsoever. I would really recommend this drug to anyone whose life has been affected by plaque psoriasis."

Anonymous December 11, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Started Otezla 7 days ago, I usually tolerate new drugs well but this was different, the nausea was the worst on the first three days but I think my body is starting to adjust. I have spent the last week in bed but I'm starting to see my plaque starting to clear . I will update in a week hopefully my body will be fully adjusted to Otezla"

Mommyoftwogirls (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This medication , for me , did not work at all. I took I think it was 2 pills a day and it didn't do anything at all except make me sick."

cheltz December 2, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have severe plaque psoriasis. I have tried coal tar shampoo, steroids, creams, lotions, injections to get rid of it. In less than 2 weeks I went from embarrassing plaque on my forehead, all over my scalp, behind my ears, hand, foot, chest and torso to the plaque being mostly gone, no more flaking skin, and the redness is starting to subside. I haven't felt this comfortable in my own skin in years. Yes some of the stomach issues aren't great but I'll take side effects that will go away once my body gets used to the medicine vs being embarrassed to go on dates."

Jaunty Whovian November 30, 2016