User Reviews for Apremilast

Also known as: Otezla

Learn more about Apremilast.

Plaque Psoriasis 92 reviews 20 medications

6.1
Psoriatic Arthritis 58 reviews 59 medications

5.3
Summary of Apremilast reviews 150 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Apremilast

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I began Otezla two weeks ago. I have extremely bad plaque psoriasis on the palms of both my hands, including terrible itching. The condition started a few years ago, at age 55. So far the Otezla is going well as far as not having the negative side affects. I have no diarrhea, only a couple of minimal headaches and no nausea. I am hopeful the Otezla will work out well. With my insurance, I pay zero out-of-pocket."

Pookie's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had Mild Psoriasis for about 20 years. I mostly used clobetasol or otc hydrocortisone creams and moisturizers. 2 years ago I had a persisternt flare up that did not respond to topical. I started Otezla 18 months. I had Psoriasis lesions on my knees elbows and ankles only. I started laser treatments and Otezla at the same time. I was 95 % cleared after 3 months. I thought it was great but then I started getting lesions in places I have never had before. I had severe lesions on hands and on plantar aspect of feet. Otezla stopped working for me. I restarted laser treatments and that really helped, after 1 month my lesions are 75% improved. I got use to Gastrointestinal side effects but I have decided to stop Otezla."

Jazxy February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Been on it for over a year (with a one month hiatus in there). First of all, I take psyllium husk fiber every day and have NO diarrhea...definitely recommend that people on (and not on) Otezla do that. Do get occasional headaches but not too bad. Psoriasis is under control. Had bad plaques but those are mostly red skin areas now. Biggest improvement on the face...which makes this worth it to me. I do enjoy the side effect of weight loss. Would definitely recommend that one with bad Psoriasis give it a try (and stick out the first couple weeks). Still need to use a few topicals as well."

JP Birdman February 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I feel like the ground is moving under me , I have headaches and diarrhea . My hands hurt a lot, I wear white gloves to try to protect them . It would be better to learn what is causing it than to be medicated . I am not as happy as I was before this medicine . Why can they make this medicine , but not know what is wrong ?"

cherry15 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "All was ok while I was taking ebrel injections and then after months my doctor told me to take a new medicine more safe . So I took otezla. Took the starter kit and continue into 2 pills per day. Nausea, diarrhea and headaches start then. The doctor told me that the first month all these thinks happen. Then after 2 months I had brutal headaches fatigue and pain in some of my fingers my legs and also in the back. The back pain is the worse of all. I wake up early morning every day with strong back pain . When I coughing I also pain . First I thought that the pain war because of the bed then I realised that it was the side effects of the medicine. I still continue the therapy and waiting to change back to injections ."

Jimaros January 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I took Otenzla for 6 weeks stopped it because I broke out worse no relief whatsoever very disappointed."

Kimmie92270 January 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This worked very well but I had bad nausea and diarrhea so 2 months in almost ALL my psoriasis was gone. So I stopped taking it for a week, the side effects were gone, BUT the psoriasis just returned, and worse. If you can handle feeling like you want to throw up all the time and soil yourself at any given time, try it. What they don't tell you in the ads is, yeah it works, but you'll probably have to take this med for the rest of your life. If you stop, the psoriasis will return even worse. Anyway, this has been my experience."

Thomas from PA (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Hi everybody, Sweden's calling: I've been on Otezla for more than 9 months and most of my Plaque Psoriasis have cleared up! It seems like the scalp is showing some resistance but I'm not giving up. Had some side effects like diahrrea and poor appetite in the begining but it's all fine now. Take care!"

persian call (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been taking Otezla for about 8 weeks. I experienced nausea, frequent bowel movements, headaches, and a lack of appetite although the severity tapered off after a few weeks, they still continue. As I did more research into others who have taken it I have experienced 2 trips to the ER due to inflammation in my feet and I feel so fatigued and don't want to do anything...but I feel better if I move around a bit...but I get wore out pretty easy and then my feet are killing me. I'd like to say I feel better than when I started... and in some ways I do. I used to feel like my joints were fusing together, I couldn't walk up or down stairs, and I couldn't open a bottle of water. I feel a lot looser now and can do some things. I still hurt."

Huck321 January 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "My experience with Otezla was brutal, I had extreme issues with the company itself it was as if no one was on the same page, some times the medicine wouldn't get there before I ran out and was being told 10 different things from their reps. Trying to get insurance to assist did not happen. I would never recommend this product or co. My usage saw very, very, minimal results after 3 months straight. I saw maybe a 1/2 of a percent change in appearance etc. And what they don't tell you is if you have to stop to taking this medication re: Can't afford it etc. Your Psoriasis will not only fully return but it sends it into Hyper drive creating way worse conditions than you started with."

Regretful user. January 3, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I'm 4 days in to starting otezla, not even to the full 30mg per day and I'm quitting. The nausea, headaches, and awful stomach pain is just not worth it. It is really bad. Going to try something else."

TG6 December 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I had psoriasis when I was a child that cleared. When I hit about 40 it came back with a vengence...hands, arms, knees, scalp , face, back, etc. I tried everything except biologics that had such horrible side effects. One day I saw Otezla on tv. I wanted to try it so much but my insurance didn't cover it. Then I changed my insurance and it was covered! I got the starter pack and began taking the medicine. Within one week it started working! I was so happy...no more scaling and flaking, cracking and bleeding,or painful, itching scalp. I had some pretty bad nausea and more frequent bowel movements but it was worth it. Now into week 5 the nausea has subsided. Hang in there with the side effects and they will go away and oh what reward!"

Barb1022 December 27, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I took this medication last month and the first 7 days were so bad I stopped. The normal side effects of nausea, diarrhea and migraines. My doctor convinced me to give it another go. I must say it is not as bad the second time. I have been back on it for 3 days and as long as I stay hydrated and take tylenol as soon as I feel the headache come on it hasn't been as bad and I can mange the diarrhea. I wish I would have stuck through because I would be 2 months into treatment. Better late than ever. don't give up"

Anonymous December 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've been on otezla for 3 weeks now and all I can say it that this drug really works. I've been suffering from psoriasis for 6 years now. It mostly affected my scalp but also it started to spread to the rest of my body. After just 3 weeks the patches on my skin began to fade. My scalp is still scaly and itchy but I can already see the improvement in that area too. As for side effects, I had some slight headaches and stomach aches at the beginning and more frequent bowel movements but it didn't really affect my daily life whatsoever. I would really recommend this drug to anyone whose life has been affected by plaque psoriasis."

Anonymous December 11, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Started Otezla 7 days ago, I usually tolerate new drugs well but this was different, the nausea was the worst on the first three days but I think my body is starting to adjust. I have spent the last week in bed but I'm starting to see my plaque starting to clear . I will update in a week hopefully my body will be fully adjusted to Otezla"

Mommyoftwogirls (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This medication , for me , did not work at all. I took I think it was 2 pills a day and it didn't do anything at all except make me sick."

cheltz December 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have severe plaque psoriasis. I have tried coal tar shampoo, steroids, creams, lotions, injections to get rid of it. In less than 2 weeks I went from embarrassing plaque on my forehead, all over my scalp, behind my ears, hand, foot, chest and torso to the plaque being mostly gone, no more flaking skin, and the redness is starting to subside. I haven't felt this comfortable in my own skin in years. Yes some of the stomach issues aren't great but I'll take side effects that will go away once my body gets used to the medicine vs being embarrassed to go on dates."

Jaunty Whovian November 30, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I had a little bit of an upset stomach once and two nights where I didn't get a full night sleep. Otezla worked within days and I am 99% clear. After 30 years of psoriasis affecting almost every area of my life in some way, I am enjoying such relief."

Kastania (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have been on Otezla since February. My insurance would not cover it so I am part of the company's bridge program. My psoriasis is completely gone--I haven't had normal, clear skin since I was a baby and I am 36. I finally can wear shorts and tank tops without being self-conscious that my scaly, red skin is ugly and people are looking at it. When I first started the medication I did have some bad headaches and nausea. It went away after a few weeks, if you just stick with it. I recently went away and forgot to bring the Otezla with me so I didn't take it for about 5 days, and now that I am back on it, I have headaches and nausea again but I anticipate that they will subside like they did before. I haven't had any other side effects."

JM9094 November 22, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "So it's been 2 months now..I have been self controlling a little as I had a headache from hell.. only two times tho.. so why it's random I do not understand.. but it's so bad I can't touch it with 10 Tylenol.. it's crippling. BUT.. even so..I hate psoriasis so bad.. my life is altered by it..I continued on the Otezla with half the dose for a while.. back to full dosage.. but my psoriasis had returned due to the reduced dosage.. hoping it goes away again and those headaches as well.. nothing else is troubling.. the headaches need to subside so I can function normally at life and my job!"

Margot928 November 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I just started otezla this morning!!! Obviously I haven't seen any results but I'm hopeful!!! I will be posting every week to let everyone know my results!!! "

Glenda0120 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have mod/severe RA overlapping with PSA. I developed a worsening of Psoriasis on Humira. I stopped Humira and DR wanted me to try Otezla to clear my Psoriasis. I can say this is the worst drug i have ever taken. I had a severe migraine for 5 days. I had very low energy levels, loss of appetite and nausea. I also developed really bad spasms. I took Methotrexate for 5 years and didn't feel this bad. I stopped Otezla going back to Humira and Methotrexate... I hope!"

RLT (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "My psoriasis started about 14 years ago and only gotten worse. Ten days ago I started Otezla, So far it has worked great. My scalp has already cleared up for the most part and all the spots on my legs and body are looking very good! No side affects as of yet."

BiggTime November 4, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am starting otezla sometime next week and I really hope it's works!!! I've had psoriasis since I was 16 years old (I'm 37 now) and I hate it! I'm constantly itching and making myself bleed! I'm a woman and I can't even shave my legs! I've tried so many creams and study drugs I lost count and some have worked for a little bit but then stopped working! I've even tried Stelara which worked for about 5-6 months but that drug also stopped working! My hubby and I have been together going on 18 years and we have 2 wonderful kids together, ages 15 & 12 and I can honestly say they have been my rock!!! Some days are better then others and sometimes I do even go outside for a walk but most of the time I'm inside, looking out the window!"

Glenda8592 November 2, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Just one week in and my scalp is almost 100% clear. MY forehead is 100% clear. MY stomach , sides, back and legs have stopped producing scales and is starting to clear to a light pink , not red and angry anymore. THE only side effect I am having thus far is the tension headaches , in which I started taking i.b. profin when I start feeling it come on. So far I am very pleased with the medication."

Shawn S (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016