User Reviews for Apremilast

Psoriatic Arthritis
5.1

Summary of Apremilast reviews 5.4 256 reviews

Reviews for Apremilast

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been on otezla for only a month it has taken the pain from my fingers and elbows away. It is starting to work on my plaque psoriaisis I have had psoriasis for 56 years. I'm 73 now otezla is working the best out of anything else I have tried. I had very few side affects just a little nausea not much I sure hope it keeps working"

rml313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "From the start I had joint pain. I needed a couple of advil every day. The stiffness is slowly increasing also. It's been 5 months. We are now going to try something else. I go to the bathroom 3 times a day. My stomach is very upset after taking the pill for 3 hours. My stomach is getting worse. I have a yogurt everyday and avoid disruptive foods. My teeth hurt. At first they woke me up during the nite and I had to have advil for the pain. Now it is mild a couple times a week. My psoriasis has completely disappeared thats the good."

CHANCE (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This medication has horrible side affects. Luckilythe side effects, only lasted for 2 weeks for myself before they settled down. Unfortunately Otezla medication has zero effect on my condition."

Beatdown (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I only had 4 doses from my starter pack when I began with small rash which quickly became vasculitis. Very painful and sensitive. I have been on prednisone now for 4 weeks and the legs are still swollen and I am walking on crutches. 3 days ago I was in emergency with a 6 hour nose bleed... they had to cauterize it twice to get it to stop bleeding. I held my face forward so not to have the blood drain down my throat but my mouth filled up so fast it was coming up my tear duct and running down my chin. I would not recommend this drug to anyone. I started epsom salt baths every two days 6 days ago and it burns but it dries up the blisters and I think it is helping."

eriebreeze (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I began seeing a dermatologist after a bad experience with an esthetician. My skin along my hairline face and ears was scaling and peeling horribly. I had my first appointment and the doctor immediately told me I had psoriasis and skin infection. I never had any issues with my skin other than normal acne. I was prescribed a lot of medication to get it under control. Otezela was one of them. I have been taking almost three months and have seen significant improvements in the areas that I mentioned above. With that being said I have seen breakouts in areas that I did not have before and they seem to be getting worse. These areas are thighs, left arm and my back. I know no pill is perfect and am extremely happy with the results in original area, but do not want new problem areas. I will be scheduling another appointment with my dermatologist before my body get dependent on this drug."

Aquarius (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I saw nearly 40% clearance within a week of taking Otezla. I went from looking like a burn victim to having clear beautiful skin that wasn't cracking and bleeding. It's amazing. and I have never had a better experience. Humira and Methotrexate did not help me at all, no movement, this is the first drug to change my entire body, or make any change at all. So thankful."

Amy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Been on otezla for about 3 months now with no results what so ever. I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. If my body didn't start rejecting humira I'd still be on Humira ."

Tirekingdv88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I took Otezla for two years it did help to a degree but I still had to use clobetasol cream along with it for a decent result. For the past year I have had 5 sinus infections which my doctor picked up on was from Otezla. Found out chronic sinusitis is a common side effect of the drug. We decided it was not worth it and I did have a bad flare when I stopped using it and took a month to get it under control. One thing I did not realize is how fatigue inducing this drug is. After I stopped taking it my energy levels came up over a few weeks and I feel great now. My psoriasis is a little worse without the Otezla but not to much."

Tim (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Been on Otezla about 9 months. Got through all the startup side effects with tolerable issues. Had been on biologics 12 years with great results, but lowered immune system and frequent UTI’s. Being over 70, I felt Otezla would be safer. Now I am having one of the worst flares of scalp and forehead thick plaques ever in 53 years. Calling Dr. to see what to do next."

GP May 10, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Coming off enbrel after 14 years I had numerous bouts with kidney stones. Then most recently last year I had numerous blood clots in the leg I gave myself shots in. Asked my PA about any other drugs. He suggested Otezla. I have been on it for 3 months and my legs feet toes ankles and Achilles ligaments have continually been in pain switching from day to day and am currently barely able to walk. I am a very good bowler and bowl in highly competitive competitions. I have gotten to the competition and couldn't even move . I never know from day to day if I will be able to compete or not. It costs hundreds of dollars to compete and I have not even come close to being competitive at any . I have had to withdraw from some because of the pain I'm in."

Dennis (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been using this for 2 and half months and have no effect on me. Before that I was consuming Methotrexate and it was very effective. Since the side effects I stopped Methotrexate and started consuming this drug as per the instruction of the doctor. But with in a days the patches again started appearing and now it is very severe. I will continue to use this for one more month and will stop accordingly."

Kik (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Awful. I was on Otezla for Behçets syndrome (as an experimental treatment). I had depression, GI issues, severe fatigue & no relief of symptoms while on it. After 4 months of suffering and still flaring I stopped the medication. My skin has now become flaky and really itchy! My skin was always fine before this. I’ve heard it worked for some Behçets patients but never worked for me."

Behcets babe (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I really wanted Otezla to work. I've stuck with it for five months now with ZERO result on my skin. I've pushed through the fatigue, headaches, generally feeling down, total apathy and weight gain. Yes you heard that right, I of course did not LOSE weight on Otezla. I've gained a huge swollen pot belly. This despite working out with a personal trainer and eating the same as before. My dermatologist confessed to me that that the REAL numbers for those helped by Otezla is closer to 20%. The other 80% of people see absolutely no change whatsoever. I appear to be among the latter group. I wish that information on this drug was more accurate. I also wonder at encouraging people to stay on this drug for six months. I've yet to hear from anyone who said it took that long to kick in. I'm starting to suspect that it's really all about sales. If anyone here has been on it for six months before seeing any results I'd be really interested to hear about it."

Ishmoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Within a month of taking otezla my psoriasis had thinned so much there were no scales left on it at all. I did have some digestive issues so after 3 months my doctor took me off of it. The problem I had was that after I stopped taking it, it came back and it showed in places on my body that I had never had it before so it came back even worse."

Tina (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "had upset stomach for 5 days but it went away. No other side effects. I took about 6 months to get the same level of clearance as Humira, which I was on before. no needles no infections no labs essentially, I got clearance with zero side effects good luck to all"

Tom April 18, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: "I’ve had severe psoriasis for the last 11 years. I started this medication in December 2017 and within a month the patches started to disappear completely. This is month 4 and I have no active pitch on the body. Apart from some obscure black spots and wart like spots"

JJk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I am considering Otezla for my Psoriatic Arthritis, but after reading these reviews I wanted to share something that some of you may find helpful. There is a book entitled "The Great Arthritis Breakthrough" in which the author cites several studies that have attributed many cases of arthritis to bacteria and tests confirmed that a daily low dose of Minocycline antibiotic fended off the arthritis. I tried this regimen and found that it did work great for arthritis, however it did nothing for the Psoriasis. But seriously, if you are in pain like I was, this is worth it. I took Minocycline for about 2 years and then stopped and have have been off of it for two years now. I am only now starting to have a little inflammation in my right middle finger. Anyway, I wanted to share this in case others might find it useful."

davegerard (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Otezla has side effects. Personally, I would have to run to the restroom constantly, even telling my kids to pee outside so I could get to the potty first. After a while my body adjusted. Otezla completely cured my physical symptoms. However, it caused a disturbing depression problem. I ran out when my doc was switching facilities. I was given the option to speak with a different doctor and resume... But at that point I had been off the med long enough to see happiness again. I've been on otezla for a long while... About the same amount of time I've been dealing with extreme depression. Since running out, my psoriasis has come back 10 fold. But, I can play with kids like I used to and am 100 percent happier despite the physical ramifications. I'm looking into alternatives now. Best of luck to everyone else."

Ash (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 6, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Otherwise healthy 50+ year old guy who's had this for 30+ years. Like every other drug I've tried, it works for a while, then it doesn't. Mine worked great for 2 weeks, kinda worked for maybe 2 more weeks, then it all came back worse than before. I had stomach aches after taking it and resorted to "Tums", acid reflux meds, and eating something when taking the med. Moving on to something else after 6-7 weeks."

geek49203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Though I had no side effects when taking other biologics - or any meds - I had terrible respiratory stuff while on this so went off after a week or so. The way they tested it didn't allow me to know what to expect as they seemed they have data only at a 4 month or so mark. I wouldn't recommend it."

syb March 29, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "@Cliff. I had the same experience you had, except it worked well for me for about 8 months. My psoriasis also returned, but worse than I have ever experienced. Since that time, I have tried Talz and am currently on Tremfya. Taltz was a very painful injection and it did not help at all. The psoriasis continues to spread and so far, the Tremfya has done nothing to help. Frustrating!"

Lily (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I took this drug for 11 months and finally had to come off it. From Feb to May I did notice an improvement with pain but in June my hands and feet had such nerve pain I could hardly walk and had trouble planting my little garden. I was told the nerve pain could not be from Otezla. From day one I had 2 hours with diarrhea and was told that too would pass. It didn't. I stopped the drug in December before Christmas and the nerve pain and diarrhea completely stopped. Mind you I still have sore feet and hands but feel so comfortable. I had been on Methtrexate and Humira before this drug and they too had massive problems. I have always had Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but now my Surgeon said it was undiagnosed diverticulitis that I had kept controlled by diet. These drugs made my bowel much worse and now I need a section removed. How sad is that. Is there even a good drug out there?"

Bridget (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: "This is my fourth day on this drug. Had no side effects yet but it seems the skin condition is getting worst day by day. My body burns, hurts and itches... I have plaque psoriasis on my legs and pustular on my arms and trunk. Till now I see no change. I just hope it works for me the way it did for many."

Poonam Sharma (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis since I was 13 and now after 22 years I am finally happy with a pill that has helped me get rid of it. I used to get major migraines before I started taking Otezla and in the first 2 weeks of taking orezla I did get migraine a couple of times and I always had my migraine pills with me so that was not a big deal. Exactly after 2 weeks I started seeing results. I had Psoriasis almost at 70% of my body and I have less than 5%. This pill is amazing and I swear by it. Also I am from Canada and it's nice that it's covered by my insurance. I do see my doctor every 2 months to make sure nothing has changed in my attitude and for checkup. I usually don't write recommendation online but I am so impressed with this pill and that's why I wanted to share my experience with everyone."

Elila (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I was prescribed Ortezla about a year ago and was provided with a starter package. I was very pleased that my psoriasis, which is extreme, cleared almost 90% before I had finished the starter package. I continued with this medication for approximately 4 months thereafter and the medication seemed to be effective. Unfortunately, after that four month period, the psoriasis lesions returned - like gangbusters ! - and the medication proved completely ineffectual. I restarted the medication twice but it had no effect whatpever and my psoriasis was significantly worse than when I started the Ortezla. It is only now, after approximately a year, that I seem to be returning to my original condition. I would be interested to know if anyone else had the experience of remission followed by an aggravated return of the psoriasis."

Cliff (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018