User Reviews for Apremilast

Also known as: Otezla

Learn more about Apremilast.

Plaque Psoriasis 111 reviews 21 medications

Psoriatic Arthritis 62 reviews 60 medications

5.4
Summary of Apremilast reviews 173 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Apremilast

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am 19 and started taking otezla 4 months ago. First 3 weeks had terrible stomach upset and loose stool. Also got headaches. Continued with meds as directed and to this day see no improvement. And still occasionally get GI upset. Now I am moving on to Stelara. I have severe plaque psoriasis and without the use of my creams I saw no improvement for otezla and only gained stomach problems."

Autumn Rein May 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Otezla worked for me. (Please read entire review). A little bit of a stomach ache for about a week for about an hour after each of the twice daily doses. I was given the drug for several months due to my financial state. First the free Otezla stopped at 3 months, My psoriasis came back, a little worse than before. Talked with dermatologist and they got it reinstated, and my skin again slowly cleared. But again, like before the gratis product ended at 3 months. My skin is now worse than ever. I guess I am looking for an answer. Does taking this product with success and then stopping trigger a worse condition than when it was started. I really appreciate the company giving the product as paying $1233.00 p/mo as it was is impossible for me to afford it"

Jctoys (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "This medication was the WORST one yet. I felt like I was dying. I had a cough that lasted 3 months, and it brought on horrendous migraines which I now must take anti seizure medication to control and throbbing pain in my temple and wound up in the ER because the pain was blinding. Since I started this medication I have been in the ER twice, once for the migraine that made me vomit for 2 straight hours and then the pain in my head. The day I stopped Otezla the cough and pain in my head disappeared. I am getting discouraged because I have had this painful disease for 40 years and I am tired of the disappointment after trying numerous drugs that make me feel worse. Humira worked the best but unfortunately it stopped working after 4 years."

Zeva2 May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I'm 34. I've had psoriasis for about 10 years now. I have had enough. I started taking methotrexate for a month along with some topical solutions for scalp and spots on my forehead. That worked great, but it wasn't something I wanted to be on long term. Otezla is the least harmful when it comes to side effects. It does not require routine lab/blood work. You're also not really supposed to drink alcohol when taking methotrexate. I love that Otezla does not lower you immune system and the ability to fight off infections. I've been taking Otezla now for 2-3 weeks and my skin has remained clear other than a couple spots on my knees that are almost gone. No real side effects. I will continue to take Otezla."

Ken C (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Works great! Slight headache to start.....which doesn't last. After 4 months 80% clear and I had psorasis over 75% of my body. Now after 6 months on it I am 99% clear. Unbelievable!!! This med has worked for me and I take/use nothing else in conjunction."

Timmy81 May 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Very disappointed , 12 weeks in and no visible results. I am experiencing very bad back pain every other day or so just got to the point of unbearable at 12:30 am . will be stopping otezla"

gojiracat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I was reluctant to try this but after 20+ years of fighting psoriasis I figured it was worth a try. I read all the reviews first, so I'm contributing to the database for others. I had some stomach discomfort for a few days, some brain fog, and a few nights of bad sleep. My skin started to clear by day 5 (not sure about nails yet) but I really struggled with the afternoon 2nd dose, so I'm sticking to just 1 tab in the AM and nothing else. That keeps my skin about 80% clear and I can take care of the rest via topical steroids. A month into this and I still feel a little 'high' after my AM tab but very happy with the results. Good luck."

1 mo users April 15, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "For me it works pretty good but not perfect . It surely makes my Psoriasis better , but it will not really disappear totally . I'd say it takes away 75% of Everything , but when you stop with Otezla , it all comes back worse than ever . But a combination of Dervovat and Otezla works great for me . Here in sweden we pay a maximum of 220 USD/Year for drugs . Then it`s free :-) . Since Otezla costs 750 USD/ Month here , I'm thankful for that ."

MadSwede (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've been using it for about 18 months. Had used ointments, creams, etc. They helped. This has me about 90% cleared 80% of the time, even in winter (when it's usually worse). No real side effects -- upset stomach the first few days but that went away. Miracle drug so far for me."

DCHr April 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been on Otezla for 2 months now and have experienced a remarkable clearing of my lesions. Both knees, which were 90% affected have almost entirely cleared up. The face lesions have dried up and are almost unnoticeable now. The scalp, which was almost completely affected, has cleared up to the point that I'll soon be getting rid of the ever-present ball cap! (YES!!!) I feel that in one month, at my follow up appointment with my dermatologist, I am going to kiss her smack dab on the lips! My Wife has given me permission. Still haven't noticed a pronounced difference in my two thumbs, which have swollen at the joint over the last year or so. Hopefully, they will get better as well so I can get back to playing the guitar."

Shadowfax419 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I was on this product for over a year. It didn't help my plaque psoriasis at all. The only positive was that it didn't cost me anything to take it and it had no negative side effects. Not sure how this product even got approved. I don't know anybody who has said it has even remotely been. effective."

Wooster777 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am 8 weeks in now. Hands and scalp are pretty clear. I am noticing improvement on my legs and elbows. Feet are clearing nicely too. Still have occasional nausea in the morning. I feel better if I eat a good breakfast and hydrate. I am very optimistic I will be clear for summer. No headaches so far. No weight loss unfortunately."

katrins al beana (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I started Otezla Nov 2016. I don't find it effective for my Moderate to Severe psoriasis at all in fact I'm having breakouts in places that never had them before and to make my issues worse I'm riddled with pain unlike anything I had ever felt in my 42 yrs of being a psoriasis suffer. The worse pains happen when walking and I can only pin point 2 possible reasons for the pain OTEZLA or SYNTHROID or Combo of both. I started Otezla and Synthroid roughly same time but after reading many post the pain seems common with both meds. Personally I could try and deal with pain if Otezla worked better or at least not break me out in areas that never had them. I eat a little before and after taking the pill and have not suffered Diarrhea or Nausea all."

Battyone March 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I took this drug for a month, my condition got worse. I ended up in the hospital it got so bad. It's been over 4 months since I stopped taking this drug and I still feel the effects. Please ask questions before taking this drug. I should have looked into it more. Find out what percentage of people actually get better, the last time I checked it was 33% get 75% better, what about the other 67%. Thankfully I have good doctors that figured out how to help me."

Made It Worse (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Have been taking this for almost 2 years now. For me, it works great. Had some of the side effects initially - nausea, lack of appetite, headaches and loose stools. But all of those side effects are gone now. I have had almost NO PSA flares and my blood work is absolutely perfect. Everyone is different, but for me right now, and for the past 2 years, this drug has been fantastic."

OtezlaFan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "This drug might as well be full-blown chemotherapy. My best friend started taking this and the chronic fatigue and overall depression that he is now battling has kept him from participating in his nightly role as a special forces operative. Otezla has caused him to miss multiple engagements over the past week and I see no signs of this changing. If this continues, the drug trade in Bolivia will continue to skyrocket, and the flame of democracy will move even closer to being snuffed out. This is how the terrorists win. Thanks Big Pharm."

Matt182182 March 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "3 weeks in. Abdominal issues definitely present. Not diarrhea but cramping, nausea, bowel urgency. Lasts around 2 hours after taking the medication. Can sleep through the side effects from the evening dose now. Not sure if having any emotional effects. Skin is clearing well for just three weeks on the med. I had been on Enbrel for around 3 years and alternated from the 25mg dose to the 50mg dose. Essentially stopped working. Must have developed antibodies."

ben way (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I rate Apremelast on a 50/50 basis. I've just finished the 2 week starter pack and have had wide lot of side effects on and off. But today - BAM! Headache, nausea, uncontrollable bowel.....I've only just gone back to work after 2 months of chronic PSA and now have had to blow out today because of this drug. As a total plus though, my psoriasis has halved in such a short time, so I'm going to persevere with this med. wish me luck :)"

FlusyG (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I was 7 weeks in as of today and had to stop immediately today. This drug did begin to help my psoriasis and it began to resolve, I was really happy. Anyone taking this needs to have someone watch them and their behavior. My mood and behavior changed dramatically. I got through the initial nausea and pushed through hoping the headaches would resolve. But then it got worse. I am generally happy. My interactions with people began to go sour slowly, and in spats; I would get way too worked up over things. 6-7 weeks in and I became very irritable and depressed. Heaving sobs, feeling hopeless, flying off the handle and bizarre things. It was gradual so I was confused. Felt like I was another person in my own body. Feel better already"

ddad March 8, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I gave it a 5 because of side effects. I have had guttate psoriasis for over 3 years now, and Otezla, combined with Light Therapy, is the only thing that has worked. I have been on it for almost a month now, and although it is working, the side effects are harsh. Everyones' body reacts differently, so don't let this discourage you, but for me it has not been pleasant. The only reason I am still taking it is because it is clearing up my skin and I am getting married in 17 days and I don't want to be self conscious about how I look and my Dr. said if I just stop, my guttate could flare up, which I don't need on my wedding day. I use Pepto Bismol and Excedrin for Tension headaches to control the symptoms, although it only controls it a tad bit"

H&H March 7, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I'm on Day 10 with this medication and am already seeing significant improvements in my psoriasis! My doctor told me it may take a month or more to see any change so this is a pleasant surprise. I had read about the side effects and was expecting the first while to be rough but man! I can't keep anything down and the diarrhea is unreal! I've found Aspirin helps the headaches, so those aren't so bad. I've lost 8 pounds since I started Otezla which is a bonus but I wouldn't say it's the best diet plan I've ever been on... I'm hoping the side effects subside as my body gets used to the medication and I'm very hopeful to see more improvements in my psoriasis!"

HRichens March 3, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis my entire life, the last 6 years, it has been so bad on my feet, walking is a problem. I have been on Otezla for about 3 weeks. Here is what I have experienced; I have had some good results on my feet, but a bit of a trade off. Loss of appetite, nausea occasionally, no headaches at all, and only one day of feeling lethargic and a bit sad. I also get itchy, sometimes my skin crawls especially at night, and yesterday my bones actually ached. It is so random when this comes and goes. I am still on the fence a bit with it. I am hoping these things will go away. I haven't heard anything about long term effects."

Letty1 February 28, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I am heading into my 4th week with Otezla. My hands are clear of scales. They are looking very good. My scalp has stopped itching and feels like scales are disappearing. My legs on the other hand are red and itching. I do not see any improvement on my legs at all yet. I did experience severe nausea for the first couple of weeks but it has gotten much better. Slight occasional headaches. I am still hopeful."

Katrina al beana (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I began Otezla two weeks ago. I have extremely bad plaque psoriasis on the palms of both my hands, including terrible itching. The condition started a few years ago, at age 55. So far the Otezla is going well as far as not having the negative side affects. I have no diarrhea, only a couple of minimal headaches and no nausea. I am hopeful the Otezla will work out well. With my insurance, I pay zero out-of-pocket."

Pookie's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Otezla (apremilast) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had Mild Psoriasis for about 20 years. I mostly used clobetasol or otc hydrocortisone creams and moisturizers. 2 years ago I had a persisternt flare up that did not respond to topical. I started Otezla 18 months. I had Psoriasis lesions on my knees elbows and ankles only. I started laser treatments and Otezla at the same time. I was 95 % cleared after 3 months. I thought it was great but then I started getting lesions in places I have never had before. I had severe lesions on hands and on plantar aspect of feet. Otezla stopped working for me. I restarted laser treatments and that really helped, after 1 month my lesions are 75% improved. I got use to Gastrointestinal side effects but I have decided to stop Otezla."

Jazxy February 11, 2017