User Reviews for Fosamax to treat Prevention of Osteoporosis

Fosamax has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Prevention of Osteoporosis. 22% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 78% reported a negative effect.

Fosamax Rating Summary

3.0/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Osteoporosis.

Peaches1965 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2013

“Started taking June 2013, once a week. 4 weeks into taking started having headaches but didn't connect the dots. Then started having severe sharp pain in back and upper right behind rib cage. Pain so severe, went to ER, where they didn't know the cause (had my gallbladder removed 18 yrs ago). Finally spoke to my primary and the connection was made.”

Bite me 09 March 6, 2017

“Honestly the worst medicine ever. People who invented should be sued. I mean what we're they thinking????? It sent my mom to ER after 3 days and she was admitted for 8 days in hospital. She is still recovering. It will give you tons of pain all over your body, head, jaw, and more. It will make you unstable. I mean seriously the inventor of this medicine should be cursed the rest of his or her life. ”

Tish · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2019

“I was prescribed Fosamax for osteopenia. I have taken a total of 6 doses. I had no side effects for the first 2 weeks. By the 3rd week extreme fatigue and headaches. I continued for another 3 weeks hoping symptoms would go away. When they didn't I discontinued taking it but a week AFTER I quit I developed severe bone pain, unbearable pain which is worse at night. I am taking arthritis drug to make the days bearable. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS PAIN EVENTUALLY GOES AWAY!! I will be calling my Dr. on Monday.”

Maggie · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2020

“I took Fosamax for several months back in 2010 . My scan showed osteopenia. After those months I started to have severe bone pain in both legs .A large amount of my hair also fell out as well . . I stopped the Fosamax . The pain took about 6 months to stop . The hair stopped falling out and after a year returned to normal . Terrible experience .”

Tripnfall · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2020

“I was diagnosed with osteopenia a few years ago after cancer treatment. Oncologist recommended Fosamax, but I took oral calcium and D instead. No improvement. I had a fall and suffered a severe mid foot fracture. A moth later another fall, fractured wrist. I started taking the Fosamax a couple months ago. Sometimes difficult to remember to take it before eating. I take the following day. I sit up for 30 minutes after. I have GERD, so I have been taking Pepcid for several years. So far none of the side effects experienced. I am hoping my bones become stronger, scared of falling again.”

redsox · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2021

“Prescribed Fosomax and took only ONE weekly pill and after 2 days I felt deep bone pain in my thigh, like drop you in your tracks pain. For 3 days after I truly thought I would have a thigh fracture - so I quit. Going the supplement route so we will see. If it works for you great-not for me.”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2020

“Fosamax gave me absolutely shocking joint pain & diarrhoea all the time.”