User Reviews for ProAir HFA

Learn more about ProAir HFA.

ProAir HFA Rating Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for ProAir HFA to treat Asthma, acute

"I must take numerous puffs in order to get any relief from ProAir."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used proventil for 20+ yrs. Proair was substituted once many years ago and received NO relief. Cigna stopped covering provenil in 2017 and now my only option is proair. Have been unable to breathe for over a week and finally went to Dr for a shot. I STILL CANT BREATHE!!! "

ICANTBREATHECANYOU June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had the last 6 inhalers clogged. I still have medicine in them and they will not work. What is going on? It is undependable! Asthma is a condition that cannot wait!"

Unhappy customer November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If I could give the Pro Air HFA inhaler a zero rating I would. They are very expensive and clog after just a few puffs so your money is down the drain. I have a whole drawer full of them still mostly full but clogged. I have tried rinsing the holder with hot water and letting them dry completely (even used a blow dryer) and they will work for a few more puffs then clog again. My insurance limits on which albuterol inhaler I am allowed to get and Express Scripts pushes the Pro Air HFA. I am sure it is because we have to keep ordering to replace clogged ones."

Mariahsmomma (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 53 and have had acute bronchial asthma my entire life. ProAir is by far the least effective and most problematic delivery system for albuterol I've experienced. While the inhalers are supposed to have 200 metered dosages, they fail through leakage and clogging. We realistically average 50-75 uses per inhaler. Air travel almost always destroys usability. Because of clogging and priming, actual dosage is inconsistent with this particular brand. It is a health hazard, a deeply flawed delivery system that endangers patients. DO NOT RELY upon a single inhaler if you use ProAir as even "full" and "brand new" units are prone to immediate failure."

DurbusTweeb2 November 9, 2015