User Reviews for Tylox

Tylox has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 92% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Pain
8.8
Chronic Pain
9.5
Summary of Tylox reviews 8.9 13 reviews

Reviews for Tylox

GBerry June 12, 2008

For Pain: “This is really strange. My mom, who has Alzheimers was given this drug to help her recover from a hysterectomy. We have found a definite connection between Tylox and her Alzheimers- it's greatly improved! She regained about 18 months of mental deterioration from the Alzheimers after taking this drug. No one can understand why there's a connection. When she stopped taking Tylox, her Alzheimers once again became worse. When we restarted Tylox, once again, her mental capacity improved tremendously.”

Starkd February 24, 2013

For Chronic Pain: “Given by a dentist for a dry socket. This medication was the only one we tried that actually took away the pain without the drowsiness or confused feeling normally experienced with pain medications. I would recommend it 100%.”

Mstigeress in LA August 14, 2016

For Pain: “I had either an abscess tooth and/or nerve exposure. The Tylox worked within a matter of minutes for me. The pain from this toothache made giving birth seem like nothing. It will definitely get me by until I can contact my dentist first thing Monday morning.”

JennyAndBaby January 20, 2017

For Chronic Pain: “While pregnant with baby #3, I started having joints pop out of their sockets (I've been diagnosed with EDS, but at the time my doctors had no idea what was going on). This caused extreme pain, especially when it was a hip. My OB/GYN prescribed Tylox for the pain and it helped a lot. After giving birth, I was prescribed Tylox following my c-section and breastfed my baby with no ill effects. As for the "it is unknown if this medication passes into breastmilk"...that is completely untrue. Dr. Hale has studied nearly every medication on the market using breastmilk samples (& blood, plasma, etc). For any doctors reading this, or any nursing mothers, I recommend you look up "Medications and Mother's Milk".”

Tigger ( tig23 ) January 14, 2011

For Pain: “I was on Tylox for 4 yrs to control pain in my Left foot. had 3 op on foot in 7 yrs. Tried every pain killer out there, but my pain was killing me until a doctor gave me this. I took this drug 4 yrs, then went off it myself, I had to cut back until I did not need it no more. Now I got wounded in IRAQ due to a IED, same leg. Now left knee and same foot. Back on Tylox, only medicine that works for me.”

Anonymous July 4, 2008

For Pain: “Post surgery: I am sensitive to medicine and this one is not too hard on my stomach. It helps me get comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep. It will cause hard stool or constipation. I have been taking one every night at dinner and 2 stool softeners in the morning with breakfast. Cannot take and work or drive so only useful for nights. Overall very happy with this.”

Aaron pharm tech October 6, 2010

For Pain: “I had a toothache that was so painful it brought me to my knees and into tears. I also have a great tolerance to pain. This is the only thing that helped until I went to the dentist. Overall I am very happy with the results of this medication.”

bluetransam April 21, 2008

For Pain: “Worked really well for nerve pain - it's a lot like Lortab or Vicodin. It gives an energy burst (depending on your tolerance level with these types of medicine) within 20-40 minutes.”

Bubba Jo April 30, 2008

For Pain: “Had severe lower back pain from a logging accident. Really helped with the pain. Very easy to get addicted to. Doctor had to take me off gradually.”

Anonymous April 22, 2008

For Pain: “I had a broken toe and it worked great for the pain.”

Krisie June 28, 2013

For Pain: “Was given Tylox capsules after having back to back abdominal surgery. Pain was greatly reduced, and side effects were low, only itching and slight drowsiness.”

hammer71 August 31, 2009

For Pain: “This medicine has helped me with my pain. It seems to work very well for me.”

Quorrah May 10, 2011

For Pain: “Very effective. Back pain was gone. I was very silly.”