User Reviews for Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate to treat Headache

Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 98 ratings for the treatment of Headache. 87% of those users who reviewed Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate reported a positive effect, while 3% reported a negative effect.

Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate Rating Summary

9.1/10 average rating

Compare all 221 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate

What.Works-Works! · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 24, 2021

“I’ve suffered from devastating episodes of migraine and tension headaches for over 30 years. In the early ‘90’s a neurologist at Duke started me on Fioricet which was a great step in the right direction until years later I discovered Midrin — which was like a miracle drug that finally, and for more than a decade, gave me back a normal life. It was a inexcusable for the FDA remove it from the market for non-safety reasons without specifically identifying a superior alternative with the same mechanism of action. Since then, you name it and I’ve tried it...Imitrex, Rizatriptan, Fioricet again, Percocet, Valium, and others. Nothing has every been as clinically effective.”

Dying · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 11, 2021

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I suffer from gilioblastoma (a rare form of Cancer).I was prescribed Midrin and it helped relieve the pressure and onset of pain. Now I am close to death. Thanks to the FDA. The pain is intolerable. I would prefer Midrin over my Fentanyl and Morphine dosages any day. How many more people have to die or understand the pain we all go through.”

Lady T · Taken for 10 years or more September 23, 2020

“Migraines since my teens; clusters since 30; only efficient medication: Midrin. I now take ineffective triptans/opiates for migraines w/aura. For clusters, total misery for days wishing I could pound my head against a wall til it stops. I’m disabled; can’t afford formulation of midrin. Knowing there’s medication that’s SAFE & EFFICIENT pulled for this reason disgusts me as an RN. I no longer work. 1 maybe 2 capsules, within 30 minutes I was a fully functioning acute care psych charge RN. I wonder if I won’t end up a patient due to lack of Midrin! FDA stop the refusing to reinstate Midrin, that has worked for years w/no hangover effects, drowsiness, nor rebound migraines for me & for dozens, hundreds of my former patients. Migraines ineffectively treated can lead to suicidal thoughts & behaviors. What will it take before realizing total cost of pulling this safe and efficient medication? Time to balance bureaucracy/red tape for common sense, decency & patient experiences!”

Mojoemil · Taken for 10 years or more August 29, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I've experienced migraines my entire life, and I've been taking Midrin for about 30 years now. I don't have any side affects, and I'm able to function with the med, and with the headache. As essential personnel 24/7 for law enforcement, Midrin kept me going and productive. It is extremely frustrating that it has gone on and off the market many times over the years. It's even more frustrating when it's such a common medicine, and now it's not available at all. I've tried every other migraine meds, and I've been to countless neurologists, and Midrin is the only thing that actually works, and every time. Come on FDA and pharmaceutical companies. Let's get Midrin back into production and back into the hands of those of us that rely on it.”

Yade · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I cannot tell you how devastated I am that I can no longer get Midrin. I Hate Imitrex, Midrin does not affect me poorly like other medications do. I can perform my duties at work and it takes the edge off of my migraine. As soon as I get an aura, I take a Midrin and within 15 minutes the edge is gone, now a severe migraine I will have to take up to 4 a day, but.... I'm down to my last 2 pills and I just want to cry. Come on FDA!!!!!”

DixieChix · Taken for 10 years or more July 13, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have had migraines ALL of my life (at least 50% of my days on earth) but was not diagnosed until I was 40. I still remember the pain and extreme nausea in my high school days. I went through 2 years of trial and error with a neurologist. Midrin is the only thing that worked. Midrin decreased the pain and nausea and let me function at a normal level. I could work, exercise, do social activities just like a normal person. Now my alternatives are stronger, potentially addictive medications. Way to go FDA. Try some common sense please and "allow" the millions of us to have relief from migraines and live our lives. You allow drugs that cause permanent physical damage to remain on the market but ban this drug that has been around for decades without incident. You have NO clue. Or they aren't making billions of dollars off this drug so why bother.”

Lyra June 27, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have had a “classic migraine” condition for 40 years and a neurologist prescribed Midrin for my TIA-like symptoms. Neither Imitrex nor other triptan meds work to avert the aura, loss of vision, numbness or speech difficulties but a single Midrin capsule worked within 15 minutes to reduce or eliminate a full-on, persistent migraine headache. Please bring it back!!”

retro January 27, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have had Migraines for 25 years, My Neurologist just prescribed Midrin - I see that many can't get it from the pharmacy anymore which is what he told me - well, the way around that is: HE GAVE ME A SCRIPT TO HAVE A COMPOUND PHARMACY (which there are many) MAKE THE MIDRIN FOR ME - they will make THE EXACT FORMULA in capsule form. It will not be covered by insurance but, I really don't care, when you have Migraine PAIN... money does not matter, which we all know. I am taking it to the compound pharmacy tomorrow (I live in Phoenix AZ) to have it made. Go to your doctor and ask for a script to have it made - look for a compound pharmacy in your area and get your migraine help back. My Doctor said it would cost me about $100 to have it made. If 100 dollars will stop that pain - I am there. I have to say that I am feeling while lot better about this script thanks to your reviews! Hope you all go have this made for you. Oh, what was the substitute people were taking?”

Linniew14 · Taken for 10 years or more May 15, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “How on earth can they discontinue this medication that has helped my and others TREMENDOUSLY?! If you do not suffer from actual migraines ( I have Migraines with Aura )then you have absolutely NO idea what life is like for us. I have been taking this medicine for 20 years and now have nothing else that I am compatible with to use!”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 31, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have suffered from the symptoms of migraine headaches for over 25 years and prescribed many popular migraine prescriptions without relief, but Midrin "Always" works. Two Midrin capsules and within 30 minutes full symptom relief, but on occasion 1 extra capsule may be required to achieve full relief. For those who don't understand, at the onset of a migraine or waking up at night to a full blown migraine, the headache symptoms are torturous and usually include nausea for hours until the inevitable violent vomiting. Bring back my Midrin.”

Pam · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 27, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I had my doctor write a prescription for the acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate formula instead of the name of the drug. Then I took that to a compounding pharmacy and had them make it for me. The only downside is that my insurance won't cover the compounded drug, and it is pricey. But for the relief it gives, it's worth it. I am going to see if I can have the doctor write separate scripts for the components. Even though it means taking multiple pills, the insurance should cover it.”

Mac October 22, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have been using Midrin for over 25 years for my severe migraines. I have been to 5 doctors, 3 Neurologist, multiple MRIs, about 25+ different medications. Come to find out the only medication that works for me is an old medication (Midrin). I used to have 3-4 migraines a week. With out Midrin I would have never been able to get a career job. Now that have got older . My migraines have decreased to about 1 migraines a month. I'm very luck to have them less than when I was younger. Now I find my self down 5 pills left and can't find them anywhere. Can't get them or get them compounded. After I use my last 5 pills. My migraines will last 3 days or so with out Midrin. With Midrin they last 2-4 hours. If I can't get Midrin I'm afraid I will loose my Job. I feel for anyone that is in my same situation or worse than me. They need to get it back on the market or just let us get it compounded again.”

Mazz · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 8, 2019

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have been getting 40 Botox injections every ten weeks in my head and temples for the last 5 years to treat migraines that I have suffered with for 30+ years. I have taken EVERY available medication and vitamin offered to combat them and suffered from being further triggered, allergic reactions, and becoming too incapacitated to care for my children or work. Midrin has been the ONLY breakthrough medication to help me reduce the length and severity of the migraines I get between treatments. Why is it gone? It is the only medication that allows me to function between my treatments. It has really impaired my abilities in so many ways. It is WRONG to disarm us strong and struggling individuals of some peace and health. Clearly the medical decision makers have never gotten a migraine least of all 15+ monthly.”

Kravitz · Taken for 10 years or more January 11, 2020

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I've had hemiplegic migraines since I was 9 years old. I'm now 53. Midrin is the only medication that works for me. It completely shuts down a migraine within 30 minutes. Although they are not as frequent as they were when I was younger, I still get one or two a year and without the Midrin, I will be in bed for 2 or 3 days, in severe pain, throwing up and not able to speak. The Midrin I have now is 5 years old and doesn't work very well. I'm afraid of what will happen the next time I get a migraine.”

Pookie · Taken for 10 years or more February 18, 2020

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “Midrin or the generic has worked wonders for me for over 30 years with no side effects. Nothing else I tried has been as helpful. I take is as soon as the aura starts and it stops it within 15 minutes. I found a compounding pharmacy in Wildwood, Florida that is making it for me. Thank Goodness!”

imdawn · Taken for 10 years or more December 18, 2018

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have had migraines since 2008, I went through every kind of pill imaginable until my Neurologist prescribed Midrin-finally something that actually worked! Then after a couple years it was nowhere to be found and therefore I suffered horribly trying to get by with Naproxen which is basically useless. Last year I was able to get Midrin again-even though I have to pay $4 a pill for it-it's cheaper than a trip to the ER for the "really bad ones". Fast forward to couple a months ago, I went from 2 different Rite Aids to then 2 different Walgreens getting my Midrin filled is always a rigamarol. Today I called to see if my prescription was ready and they said Midrin and equivalents were discontinued! I am freaking out-this is the ONLY thing that works for my bad migraines. Please FDA figure out what you need to and get this stuff back on the shelves!”

Sybil · Taken for 10 years or more November 30, 2018

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “It was the best cheap drug for migraines. Nobody wants to make it now because it doesn’t make pharmaceuticals enough money. What is the FDA thinking? All those years, no deaths and I don’t know of any serious side effects. And it worked for many people. Even migraine headache clinic wrote scripts for it all the time. Because it worked. Now FDA markets all kinds of drugs which cause serious side effects and death. I understand the rules for FDA has changed and more stringent now. So new studies, new manufacturers and prices are jacked up. And worst of all, we still get migraines with no Midrin”

Possum September 26, 2018

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have suffered from terrible migraines for many many years. Tried many different things from my family doctor and nothing would take away my headaches. Finally my Dr sent me to a neurologist and she put me on midrin and it was a miracle ! I took my first midrin pill and Just like that, (snap), my headache goes away! Usually only need one to get rid of it, on rare occasion had to take another. It never failed me and I had zero side effects and did not ever feel high or impaired in any way whatsoever. And it is not addictive! And I agree with the other lady that commented on this medication, we need to start a petition or send letters or call the surgeon general or someone in the government to stop this insanity of not permitting this long time, proven safe and effective and non addictive medicine that has hardly any side affects (in most cases NO SIDE EFFECTS) tried and true for decades migraine. Lets get MEDICATION back in pharmacy's in America!”

LivingInOhio · Taken for 10 years or more March 20, 2017

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “As of this review (Spring 2017) only one company makes it (Macoven Pharma.) It is the best migraine treatment for me whatever variation of name it is dispensed as: "Midrin" "Commonly known as Midrin" "Epidrin" "isometheptene-dichloralphenazone-acetaminophen" "Isometh/Dich/Apap 65-100-325." At onset of migraine I take 2 capsules Midrin and 20-30 minutes later the migraine just starts to disappear. Make me sleepy - that's the only downside and one I can manage. Usually first dose is enough, occasionally I take one more Midrin capsule an hour later. I went through years trying out various Rx's, shots, treatments with my doctor, but once we tried Midrin I got my life back. Difficult to find pharmacy to supply, but worth it!”

Shele · Taken for 10 years or more August 22, 2012

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I was diagnosed with severe headaches at the age of three. My doctors concluded I was born with severe headaches and was finally able to explain my pain at age three. I have been taking Midrin since 1988 and I thank my doctor for prescribing it. Every time a new Headache medicine came out I tried it, none of them did anything to relieve my pain ever. Yes, narcotic medicines help to lessen the pain until the pain ceases. Midrin is the only medicine I have ever taken that actually repairs the problem. I take 2 Midrin and a Flexeril at the onset, or as soon as I can and one Midrin every hour to a maximum of 5 in a 24 hour period until the I feel relief coming on. Midrin has never failed me, ever.”

Jennifer December 10, 2018

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I was born w migraines. So I tried many many many different migraine meds. Only mildrin relieved my pain. And I had no side effects. W the others meds my throat was so dry couldn’t swallow. And my heart had palpitations and I felt like a zombie. Please FDA put midrin back on the pharmacies. You have no idea that midrin has the least harmful side effects”

Bill · Taken for 10 years or more November 27, 2018

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I suffered many years with migraine headaches so severe that they would render me useless for anything for a day or two. Because of the headaches, I would worry and be anxious about when the next one would come. As a result, they became more frequent eventually occurring about once a week. I tried many pain-relieving drugs and doctors without success. Eventually, I found a doctor who suggested Midrin even though he didn't know if it would help. He prescribed a total of 6 pills over a 5-hour period to relieve pain. I found that it completely removed pain after 1 tablet. I also felt more relaxed (less anxious). The headaches became less frequent to the point that I might go for a year without a headache. Just having the Midrin with me helped tremendously.”

Midrin Fan · Taken for 10 years or more September 11, 2020

“Midrin is far superior for relieving my migraine headaches than any other medication I have tried. Very disappointed it is not currently on the market. I currently take Maxalt, but it is only mildly affective and my migraines tend to rebound much more with an increased duration. Please bring back Midrin!”

Jcamel · Taken for 10 years or more July 25, 2019

“I can so relate to Everyone who have posted Taken midrin in the past. It was the only med that gave me relief. Now I’m taking fiorcet t3 methacarbamal and drinking whisky more than I should. I am constantly dizzy and can’t function in my daily life. FDA please pull your collective heads out of your asses and fix this. I’m begging you.”

lopezmd July 15, 2015

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “This is by far the best headache medication I've ever used. I've tried Fioricet and Imitrex and neither worked well. Fioricet made me feel as if I were high and the Imitrex made me itch all over and my heart race. The only thing with Midrin is that it needs to be taken as soon as you feel a headache coming on or it won't work well once your headache is full blown.”

tparker999 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 20, 2016

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I was having severe migraines for about 5 months. The doctor tried every medication available. I would only buy 4 because I didn't want to waste money on the whole prescription and it not work. Imitrex made me so sick!!! I had remember from the early 90's when I would get cluster headaches and the doctor put me on Midrin. Out of the blue, I asked the doctor to try this again. He didn't think it was available, but my pharmacy said they could compound it. Again I bought 4 pills, thinking I was wasting my money but desperate. Bam.... migraine stopped within 20 minutes of taking. Sometimes, it takes a second dose if I have a severe one. But, I feel it is under control now. I have fibromyalgia, the migraines are a sensory issue smells, sounds.”

MeghanFB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2013

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “I have Sporadic Hemiplegic Migraines, and I was prescribed Midrin and Imitrex. Midrin is the only medication I've ever had that truly helped the migraines! I don't know if it was taken off the market and put back on, but I just got my first prescription for it about 2 months ago, and have since refilled it once. So I know it's available where I am.”

Anonymous February 18, 2012

Midrin (acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate): “If taken soon enough, Midrin works wonders for the migraines I get. I have tried dozens of medications over the last 10 years. It is so sad that the FDA has banned Midrin from being sold. I think all of us need to create a petition or something to show that this medication works for us and we need it back!”

More about acetaminophen / dichloralphenazone / isometheptene mucate