Acetaminophen / Dichloralphenazone / Isometheptene Mucate Dosage
Medically reviewed on August 14, 2017.
Applies to the following strengths: 325 mg-100 mg-65 mg
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Headache
Migraine Headache: 2 capsules at once orally, followed by one capsule every hour until relieved, up to 5 capsules within a 12 hour period
Tension Headache: 1 to 2 capsules every 4 hours, up to 8 capsules a day
Renal Dose Adjustments
Severe renal impairment: Contraindicated
Liver Dose Adjustments
Hepatic disease: Contraindicated
US BOXED WARNING: LIVER WARNING
This product contains acetaminophen; severe liver damage may occur if a person takes:
-More than 4000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
-With other drugs containing acetaminophen
-With 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate
- Acetaminophen/dichloralphenazone/isometheptene mucate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 73 Reviews
- Drug class: antimigraine agents
- Acetaminophen, dichloralphenazone, and isometheptene
- Acetaminophen, Isometheptene, and Dichloralphenazone
- Isometheptene, Dichloralphenazone and Acetaminophen Capsules (FDA)
- Acetaminophen, Isometheptene, and Dichloralphenazone (Wolters Kluwer)