User Reviews for Fioricet (Page 2)

Learn more about Fioricet.

Headache 105 reviews 246 medications

8.8
Summary of Fioricet reviews 105 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Fioricet

For Headache "It is the best medicine that really works control my tension headache. One tablet is enough to make the discomfort go away in a matter of minutes. It is taken only when necessary. However, not all doctors recommend this med because it could be habit forming and might damage the liver. At times, there are doctors that over reacts even though you tell them that you only take it as needed and that you were careful. On the other hand, there are the smart doctors that prescribes it PRN as treatment for headache. "

ms tension headache January 8, 2015

For Headache "This works well if I take it when the Migraine is just starting. It will stop the migraine but I may still get a head ache but it wont be debilitating."

Darth Gigi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2014

For Headache "I just took this medicine for the first time, I have had severe migraines for years. I can't believe how well this medicine is working already! I have chronic sinusitis, degenerative disc decease and TMJ. I also have braces and just got them tightened so I haven't even wanted to get out of bed lately. I am so excited I found this medicine, I can't believe I was never told about it before!"

Aamandapanda86 October 15, 2014

For Headache "Didn't even touch my migraine. I've tried just about everything for chronic severe migraines, including daily propranolol, Imitrex, Maxalt, narcotics, etc. Only Midrin has helped. Ran out and tried this. Didn't help. Didn't notice any side effects."

Carmenita October 12, 2014

For Headache "Fioricet is the only medication that will quickly and effectively get rid of my migraine/tension headaches. I've tried multiple other medications, treatments without relief. Without them I'm totally incapacitated, in bed, no lights, nausea and frequent emergency room visits. So far without signs of dependence, withdrawals or addiction. However I despise the looks or comments at certain pharmacies like you're an addict! Obviously these people have never experienced severe headaches."

Tsss (taken for 10 years or more) September 30, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Headache "I have had a lifetime of debilitating headaches, through which pricey neurologists have determined that I have 2 types of headache going on - though perhaps not at the same time. I have severe tension headaches, as well as heachaches with a significant migraine component (I see the aura - I can tell when those are on the way). Fioricet is a fundamental front-line treatment for the tension headaches, and with Fioricet, they usually do not develop into the severe (keep me in a quiet, dark room) type, which were MUCH more frequent without Fioricet. I fully endorse it in my case."

meteoguy (taken for 10 years or more) September 6, 2014

For Headache "This medicine helps! I would say it knocks the pain down of a migraine from a 10 to a 3 very quickly. Not sure what I would do without it."

Migraine543 August 23, 2014

For Headache "Works wonders for my headaches. Started having stomach pain about 6 months ago that I haven't checked out (can't afford testing I expect to follow). But I also think I have an ulcer from stress - who knows. Point is, it took me 20 years to get a doctor to help me find a medicine that works. This does."

kitcat321 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2014

For Headache "Nothing else works. I only use it on the really bad, hormonal-induced headaches. Normally, my proactive regimen of meditation, acupuncture, exercise, hydration & supplements works. Acetominophen or ibuprofen along with stretching, ice and heat usually work once I get a migraine. But for the biggies, it's Fioricet."

Galbusca1990 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2014

For Headache "The best medicine for my migraines and headaches. I never leave home without it. I can take a pill and keep going."

lhilgenfeldt (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2013

For Headache "Always gets rid of the migraine."

nesegal (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2013

For Headache "Have had migraines since I was in my 20's. Like many have said I was given Toradol, Cafergot, Darvocet, birth control pills, Elavil, Inderal and nothing worked. Have had to go to ER at least 2-3x yearly over the years. Twenty years ago I had a severe neck injury and closed head injury after a car accident and my migraines went from a monthly occurrence to daily. I was also given the nerve block shots at the base of the skull. My ER visits increased to several times a year. Finally, a co-worker who also suffered from migraines asked if I had ever tried Excedrin or been prescribed Fioricet. I hadn't, so I asked my doctor and he wrote a script for it. That was 20 years ago and I haven't had an ER visit since. I am 60 now."

Anonymous September 30, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Headache "Have been using Fioricet when required for 4 years. I always go too long before taking it for tension headaches. Usually one pill does wonders and I can get on with my day. Will continue to use it as needed."

happy user August 21, 2013

For Headache "It works! My doctor said to be careful of it though and NOT to ever take more than prescribed. Follow doctors instructions and works great for bad headaches."

Ash45956 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2013

For Headache "I have been suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome for 10 months. I was a prisoner in my own house and lived like I was 80 and I am only 43. I had to stop working, driving and going anywhere that I had to stand or walk. Last week, I went to a new Neurosurgeon and he prescribed Fioricet. I take 2 tablets every 4 hours, but as soon as it gets close to that 4 hr mark the pain comes right back. Luckily, it only takes about 15-20 mins before it kicks in. I called my Dr today and said I love this medicine. I finally feel like I am claiming my life back again. My only worry is that I am going to have to stay on this medicine for the rest of my life. "

tracy J (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Headache "Excellent for migraines. No side effects. My 15 years old also suffers from migraines and it works great for him too. Usually only one pill a day helps. Other times just two a day helps to completely get rid of severe migraine. "

preocupada (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2013

For Headache "I have had migraines forever. I have had to go to the hospital and they would give me shots of Toradol, Phenergran and Dilaudid. It worked but it made me sick and my headache came back as soon as I finally woke-up. I had one that helped the most which was amitriptyline but I gained so much weight from it, I quit it and gave up until recently I went to the after hours clinic and they prescribed me Fioricet tablets 4 times a day for headaches. It's the best prescription ever and better it only cost 13 dollars and works 100% better."

sweetpea 38 May 14, 2013

For Headache "I suffered severely from tension headaches. Finally I talked to my DR, he prescribed this. Took it for the first time today, no headache but I am sleepy."

5 months pregnant (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2013

For Headache "I developed a tumor 6 yrs ago because of a temporary lack of oxygen and since then I have suffered severe, debilitating migraines that last for days. I've been through several neurologists trying to get help and have been on very strong medications that mess with my brain chemistry to little alleviating effect. The neurologist I currently have began giving me nerve block injections in nerve bundles near the base of my skull every few months. They are very painful & only last about 8 weeks, sometimes longer if I'm lucky. During my last round he gave me Fioricet to try to prolong the time between shots. I have to say it works wonders. I only take 1 and can actually function. If it returns I simply take another! That's all I need for weeks, at times."

Andie77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2013

For Headache "This is the only medicine that gave me relief from migraines. I've taken Imitrex, Toradol and Tylenol, nothing works for me accept Fioricet! It prevented me from going to ER visits for my migraines."

Suzy2013 February 25, 2013

For Headache "I had a severe concussion and was given Fioricet, after Toradol and something else wouldn't offer any relief. Talk about a miracle. Once it kicked in my headache was gone! One pill every 4 hours, but with my injury it seemed to wear off in about 3 hours and unfortunately it takes an hour plus to start working. I did sleep after each pill so maybe I'm just immune to the caffeine. Love this medicine, just wish it worked faster and lasted longer."

Mrs Uncoordinated (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2013

For Headache "I've had migraines my entire life. This is the only thing that has helped me. I have taken birth controls for years. I only take one Fioricet per day when I feel a headache starting and I haven't had a "migraine" since I started this medication a couple of weeks ago. This is my miracle pill."

Reliefinally January 24, 2013

For Headache "A very effective medication without unpleasant side effects."

JennaBrown January 1, 2013

For Headache "I've been taking Fioricet for 40 years. I've had migraines for 53 years. I was 19 when it was first prescribed for me, before that, my life revolved around my headaches. Fioricet changed my life for the incredibly better. I'm third generation migraine sufferer, so I suppose there's an argument for a genetic predisposition. Up until I was 19, headaches were an almost daily occurrence since I was very young, lasting from 8 hours to days. So many things triggered them that I won't even begin to make a list. I am careful about the acetaminophen component, which seems to be the main potential negative health issue. Rebound headaches can also occur, but, it's nothing compared to the life enhancing benefits, at least for me."

farmertodd (taken for 10 years or more) December 31, 2012

For Headache "I have tried everything, Imitex you name it but I always come back to Fioricet so I'm sticking with itl It works wonders I love it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 6, 2012