Maalox Junior Plus Antigas
Generic Name: Calcium Carbonate and Simethicone (KAL see um KAR bun ate & sye METH i kone)
Brand Name: Alka-Seltzer Heartburn + Gas, Gas-X with Maalox Extra Strength, Maalox Advanced Maximum Strength, Maalox Junior Plus Antigas, Tums Gas Relief Chewy Bites
Medically reviewed on Feb 6, 2019
Uses of Maalox Junior Plus Antigas:
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Maalox Junior Plus Antigas?
- If you have an allergy to calcium, simethicone, or any other part of this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have high calcium levels.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Maalox Junior Plus Antigas?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may prevent other drugs taken by mouth from getting into the body. If you take other drugs by mouth, you may need to take them at some other time than this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas). Talk with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas) best taken?
Use this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- Chew well before swallowing. Some brands may be swallowed whole or dissolved in your mouth. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- This medicine is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad constipation.
What are some other side effects of Maalox Junior Plus Antigas?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Maalox Junior Plus Antigas?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Maalox Junior Plus Antigas), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about calcium carbonate/simethicone
- Calcium carbonate/simethicone Side Effects
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: antacids