Lubricating Plus Eye Drops
Generic Name: Carboxymethylcellulose (kar boks ee meth il SEL yoo lose)
Brand Name: Artificial Tears, Biolle Gel Tears, Biolle Tears, GenTeal, Lubricating Plus Eye Drops, ...show all 21 brand names.Refresh Celluvisc, Refresh Liquigel, Refresh Optive Advanced PF, Refresh Optive Advanced, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Refresh Optive PF, Refresh Optive, Refresh Plus, Refresh Relieva, Refresh Repair, Refresh Tears, Sterile Lubricant, TheraTears Nighttime, Theratears PF, Theratears, Ultra Fresh
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 2, 2020.
Uses of Lubricating Plus Eye Drops:
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lubricating Plus Eye Drops?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops); any part of this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lubricating Plus Eye Drops?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) by mouth. If this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) is put in the mouth or swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) best taken?
Use this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Some of these products are not for use if you are wearing contact lenses. Be sure you know if you need to avoid wearing contact lenses while using this product.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Some of these drugs need to be shaken before use. Be sure you know if this product needs to be shaken before using it.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Throw away any part left over after the dose is given.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Lubricating Plus Eye Drops?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Lubricating Plus Eye Drops?
- Store at room temperature.
- Be sure you know how long you can store this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops) before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store in pouch until ready for use.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Lubricating Plus Eye Drops), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about ocular lubricant ophthalmic
- Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 95 Reviews
- Drug class: ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations
- FDA Alerts (6)
- Ocular lubricant
- Artificial Tears Eye Drops
- Artificial Tears Eye Ointment
- Hydroxypropyl Cellulose
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose Ophthalmic (Advanced Reading)