Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 8, 2020.
Uses of Cinvanti:
- It is used to prevent upset stomach and throwing up.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Cinvanti?
- If you are allergic to Cinvanti (aprepitant injection); any part of Cinvanti (aprepitant injection); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you take any drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) that must not be taken with Cinvanti (aprepitant injection), like certain drugs that are used for HIV, infections, or seizures. There are many drugs that must not be taken with Cinvanti (aprepitant injection).
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. Do not take Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) if you are pregnant.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Cinvanti (aprepitant injection).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Cinvanti?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Cinvanti (aprepitant injection). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work as well to prevent pregnancy. Use some other kind of birth control also, like a condom, when taking Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) and for 1 month after the last dose.
- Allergic reactions have happened during or soon after infusion of Cinvanti (aprepitant injection). You will be watched closely while getting Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) and for some time after your dose. Tell your doctor or other health care provider right away if you have dizziness or passing out, fast or abnormal heartbeat, flushing or redness of the face or skin, itching, shortness of breath, swelling of the eyes, trouble swallowing, or wheezing.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking Cinvanti (aprepitant injection), call your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Cinvanti) best taken?
Use Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of dehydration like dry skin, mouth, or eyes; thirst; fast heartbeat; dizziness; fast breathing; or confusion.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Irritation where Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) is given.
What are some other side effects of Cinvanti?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling dizzy, tired, or weak.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Not hungry.
- Stomach pain or heartburn.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Cinvanti?
- If you need to store Cinvanti (aprepitant injection) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Cinvanti (aprepitant injection), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
More about Cinvanti (aprepitant)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: NK1 receptor antagonists
- FDA Approval History
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.