User Reviews for Dronabinol

AIDS Related Wasting 7.3
Summary of Dronabinol reviews 8.3 45 reviews

Reviews for Dronabinol

DBS · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2020

“My son took this for SIBO/POTS-related nausea and lack of appetite. After taking it only a few days, he began to have absence seizures at night (you can find it under rare side effects). He quit taking the med, and it went away within a couple of days. For him, it did not work anyway.”

Ty March 12, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Since my doctor prescribed me dronabinol I no longer have nightmares and greatly reduced my anxiety attacks as a result from my PTSD. With absolutely no high, my dose I am taking is 10mg 3 times a day.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: “My father was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma that had spread to his spinal fluid and put pressure on his brain. He was nauseous and unable to eat (and sometimes drink) for weeks before the final diagnosis. Once they figured it out and started heavy steroids, he wasn’t particularly nauseous but he wouldn’t eat. Since there is no effective treatment for the cancer, we were looking for quality of life. Marinol got rid of the last of his queasiness and stimulated his appetite, allowing him to start eating again. Although we’ll lose him soon, at least he has more energy to sit with his friends and occasionally play the piano. It has made a big, positive difference.”

S · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “My doctor prescribed dronabinol off-label for PTSD-related anxiety and insomnia while I wait for my medical cannabis card to come. I’ve never used marijuana or THC before. I was instructed to take 1-2 before bed as needed. I started with 1. Nothing happened. No tiredness, no groggy feeling, no munchies and definitely no high. Next, I tried 2, as prescribed. It was horrid. I tossed and turned trying to fall asleep. I woke up after 90 minutes feeling dizzy, nauseous, confused, paranoid, sweaty and anxious. The muscles in the bottoms of my eyes felt like they were spasming when they were fully open (they weren’t.) I felt disconnected from my body, in spite of the fact that I was feeling very ill. I was sick to my stomach, dizzy and had no appetite the following day. This drug made me very sick. I hope the full plant has better therapeutic effects, once I am eligible.”

what · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 31, 2019

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “I've been on Marinol for about 2 years for nausea, appetite, pain and anxiety. I've had 12 surgery's on my stomach and close by areas I've lost 50lbs in the past couple years and it would of been a lot worse without Marinol. It works on multiple areas yet now my insurance won't pay for it after 2 years and its $300 a month so I'm not sure what to do besides the old fashion way but I would rather the Marinol thank you.”

sweet leaf · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2018

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “My father who has cancer was wilting away from the pain meds and associated nausea and vomiting. No water either. Mentally he was in a real bad place. CBD/THC 4:1 oil and marinol have completely turned him around. He is now is only on one prescribed medication versus before three all of which caused drowsiness. Gaining weight and cracking jokes. Ridiculous how a substance that doesnt cause death by overdose, gives you an appetite and makes you happy is not available over the counter. Especially when alcohol which is much worse is not only legal but glorified. Legalize it. Don't criticize it.”

Tonnie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “I have advanced small cell lung cancer. I'm currently now up to 104 lbs thanks to dronabinol. I have an increased appetite and overall sense of relaxation with the drug. I think it's wonderful. It does what it says and just enjoy the feeling it gives you and relax and EAT! I've gained weight and it relaxes me. Same high as weed just takes longer to kick in. I think people are waiting on euphoria because it's made in a lab. Same thing just give it time. It's pure THC! Chill out , relax and enjoy!”

MikeM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 1, 2018

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Marinol medication was given to me for extreme nausea due to gastroparesis. It has been a godsend. It loses some efficacy if you overuse it but very effective for nausea relief when others haven’t helped. I highly recommend this medication.”

Flower357 June 25, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Taking 5mg twice daily for anxiety. Has helped a little with the anxiety but it undoubtedly puts me in a good mood.”

Frank007 November 7, 2017

Marinol (dronabinol) for AIDS Related Wasting: “Hate this medication. I've been on it so far for 4 days, and it makes me feel stoned/drunk, and takes away my ability to focus and concentrate. I can't wait to get off of it. Everyone reacts differently to medication, and I hope, other people don't have to go through the same side effects as I am currently battling.”

sarcazm · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 30, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I've been on every antiemetic (Nausea/Vomiting w/ Chronic Intractable Migraines and Hiatal Hernia) and they typically work for a while until I grow tolerant of the medication. The real problem I have with the marinol is that it is only available in pill form - just by swallowing it I begin vomiting all over again. I've also found that in the rare instance when I can keep it down, like if I take it during the prodrome phase, the timing for when it kicks in is inconsistent now; sometimes it won't do anything and then suddenly 12 hours later it will hit me, while other times it will start working in two.”

Bear Croft · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I have PTSD, 2 double lung transplants, bronchomalacia, gastroparesis, nissen fundoplication. A-Fib, A-Flutter, vertigo, pulmonary artery stent, cardiac arrest, sternal wires, artificial right hip. extruded and mangled L4 and L5. two back surgeries, smashed thoracic vertebrae, broken toes. broken ribs, CMV, donor specific antibodies. Blah blah blah. a lot more to go, but marinol has been a savior. Keeps me from puking daily, knocks out most of my pain, and does wonders for my anxiety. Screw taking klonopin, norco, and zofran. This covers most of the bases very well.”

MooMooMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2017

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “I am surprised this isn't oncologists "go to" drug. After my first A/C infusion for breast cancer, I had severe nausea and vomiting immediately. The doctor prescribed 25 mg promethazine orally and rectally(in case I couldn't hold down the pill). All it did was make me sleep for hours, induce a migraine status headache, severe stomach pain/cramping, and I would still wake up vomiting. Then my doctor prescribed Dronabinol 5mg. It was a miracle drug. The stomach pain, nausea and vomiting completely stopped. It made me slightly tired in the beginning, but the feeling was more relaxed than tired therefore I could continue to function normally. It also stimulated my appetite which is very important for chemotherapy patient”

Mr. Burns · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2017

For AIDS Related Wasting: “I've been taking dronabinol several years now, I think it's the only thing that keeps me eating.”

Josiah Johnson · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Great no nightmares, anxiety almost nonexistent, and does get me feeling loopy like xanax, klonopin, or Ativan. No flashbacks either. :)”

Barjohn_89 September 26, 2016

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “After debilitating nausea and vomitting from radiation and chemotherapy and after trying all the normal drugs like zofran and some others I tried marinol. It was by the far the most effective for treating nausea and vomitting of any pharmaceutical. It gives a nice pleasant buzz as well. The problem for me was the over-stimulation of my appetite. I've never felt hunger like this in my entire life. Anyway, people who need this drug could probably use the extra appetite anyway.”

Lulu43 July 15, 2016

For Anorexia: “Took my first dose last night before dinner. I have always had a poor appetite & have had to force myself to eat a meal or two through out the day before actually feeling hunger pains at dinner time. After the 5mg dose last night I started feeling "high" after about 30 minutes. About an hour later I started hallucinating & having paranoia about dying. I had my husband take me to the hospital. I was given Ada-van to relax me & are still feeling some of the effects today. It's like the absolute worst hangover ever. The ER Doctor said that maybe 5% of the population would have this sort of reaction to it & I just so happen to have been in that 5%. :/”

Madden28 June 20, 2016

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “My boyfriend has cancer and was receiving two kinds of chemotherapy. Along with blood clots and a drain in his leg he was in alot of pain. When receiving chemo we would stay in the hospital for three days and even with the neulasta shot and all the IV anti nausea meds he still was sick. Finally he was prescribed marinol and it changed everything. The day we came home from the hospital after taking it he was well enough to go Frisbee golfing even with a drain in his leg! He never vomited again, and he actually got kinda chubby! The drug changed his attitude and I belive it gave him the strength he needed to fight his sarcoma. He's now in remission!”

Jackinblack1216 · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2016

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “Recently diagnosed advanced lung adenocarcinoma. After surgery began chemotherapy. This med helps allay anxiety, nausea, stimulates appetite and helps me sleep. My mood is improved.”

mobuckner21 · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: “I have gastroparesis and a pacemaker for it in my stomach. I've been on every nausea medicine and this is the only one that worked!! I felt so relaxed and my mood went up and my appetite is better than it was.”

Anonymous July 30, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: “I have osteomyolitis /MRSA . This was Excellent... Great for nausea and definitely gives an appetite without upsetting stomach.”

Mic B July 24, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: “ I have common variable immunodeficiency which causes anorexia. I found Marinol 5mg taken a couple hours before meals makes a huge difference. If I do not want to eat, ulcers etc, I found it easier with Marinol and have actually gained around 10lbs in the initial month or two..... I would recommend it for any patient with weight loss issues!”

sensei2002 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I have no more nightmares or side effects it as if i am normal again. i take 2 10mg a day and thank god it does not make me high”

mysunshinesummer122 April 7, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: “Amazing! My stress after my tonsilectomy led me to relapse into anorexia. This medication saved my life allowing me to enjoy flavors of food & gain 10 needed pounds. Amazing life changer and my depression is less chronic.”

Simpson buckshot · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2015

For Anorexia: “Increase my appetite during and after chemo therapy, while having treatment for prostate cancer. ”