User Reviews for Dronabinol

Also known as: Marinol, Syndros

Learn more about Dronabinol.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 4 reviews 5 medications

Anorexia 11 reviews 9 medications

8.1
Summary of Dronabinol reviews 31 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Dronabinol

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "After debilitating nausea and vomitting from radiation and chemotherapy and after trying all the normal drugs like zofran and some others I tried marinol. It was by the far the most effective for treating nausea and vomitting of any pharmaceutical. It gives a nice pleasant buzz as well. The problem for me was the over-stimulation of my appetite. I've never felt hunger like this in my entire life. Anyway, people who need this drug could probably use the extra appetite anyway."

Barjohn_89 September 26, 2016

For Anorexia: "Took my first dose last night before dinner. I have always had a poor appetite & have had to force myself to eat a meal or two through out the day before actually feeling hunger pains at dinner time. After the 5mg dose last night I started feeling "high" after about 30 minutes. About an hour later I started hallucinating & having paranoia about dying. I had my husband take me to the hospital. I was given Ada-van to relax me & are still feeling some of the effects today. It's like the absolute worst hangover ever. The ER Doctor said that maybe 5% of the population would have this sort of reaction to it & I just so happen to have been in that 5%. :/"

Lulu43 July 15, 2016

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "My boyfriend has cancer and was receiving two kinds of chemotherapy. Along with blood clots and a drain in his leg he was in alot of pain. When receiving chemo we would stay in the hospital for three days and even with the neulasta shot and all the IV anti nausea meds he still was sick. Finally he was prescribed marinol and it changed everything. The day we came home from the hospital after taking it he was well enough to go Frisbee golfing even with a drain in his leg! He never vomited again, and he actually got kinda chubby! The drug changed his attitude and I belive it gave him the strength he needed to fight his sarcoma. He's now in remission!"

Madden28 June 20, 2016

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Recently diagnosed advanced lung adenocarcinoma. After surgery began chemotherapy. This med helps allay anxiety, nausea, stimulates appetite and helps me sleep. My mood is improved."

Jackinblack1216 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I have gastroparesis and a pacemaker for it in my stomach. I've been on every nausea medicine and this is the only one that worked!! I felt so relaxed and my mood went up and my appetite is better than it was."

mobuckner21 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I have osteomyolitis /MRSA . This was Excellent... Great for nausea and definitely gives an appetite without upsetting stomach."

Anonymous July 30, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: " I have common variable immunodeficiency which causes anorexia. I found Marinol 5mg taken a couple hours before meals makes a huge difference. If I do not want to eat, ulcers etc, I found it easier with Marinol and have actually gained around 10lbs in the initial month or two..... I would recommend it for any patient with weight loss issues!"

Mic B July 24, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have no more nightmares or side effects it as if i am normal again. i take 2 10mg a day and thank god it does not make me high"

sensei2002 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "Amazing! My stress after my tonsilectomy led me to relapse into anorexia. This medication saved my life allowing me to enjoy flavors of food & gain 10 needed pounds. Amazing life changer and my depression is less chronic."

mysunshinesummer122 April 7, 2015

For Anorexia: "Increase my appetite during and after chemo therapy, while having treatment for prostate cancer. "

Simpson buckshot (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "My husband has chemo induced weight loss, he weighed 117lbs two months ago, and now he weighs 131lbs and it helps with nausea somewhat. He takes two 10 mg capsules daily."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I am disabled veteran with spinal injury. The opioid med was all I knew for my back. I have since been amazed at the pain reliving ability of this medicine. It helps me eat and allows for a more positive day."

Injuriedvet08 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "My mother was given dronabinol almost 3 weeks ago before starting chemo. She was so weak from not eating much in 3 months. I ask the doctor to start her on it a few days before she started chemo to see if it helped her to eat. I was afraid she wouldn't make it through chemo because she was already so weak. Monday will be her third week. So far she has not been sick, not one day and she has also gained 5 lbs. Thanks to God and my mothers miracle pill I really believe she will be able to beat this thing. I just wish it wasn't so hard to get insurance companies to pay for this."

Tennessee75 September 13, 2014

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I have severe Gastroparesis at as very young age as a male. I have exhausted every single option other than surgery and nothing seemed to be working. My doctor recommended Marinol. At the time I did not know what the drug consisted of. He told me and I accepted it over the experimental surgeries they wanted to perform as the only other option. I began taking the medication for increasing my appetite, nausea, vomiting, and the pains associated with Gastroparesis. It has worked wonders for me and it doesn't have the same severe side effects like Phenergan, Reglan, Domperidone, etc,etc"

TylerD'Este (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Since starting Dronabinol, I have less flashbacks from my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and less PTSD anxiety."

Anonymous July 18, 2014

Marinol (dronabinol) for : "I've had chronic pancreatitis for about 7 years. I've struggled with nausea and vomiting for so long. Reglan, Scopolamine, Phenargan, Zofran I've been on all of them. Yes they worked at first but Marinol is best for me. For the first time in years I'm not sick! I don't have appetite like some do, it does make me giddy for an hour or 2 but I'm finally not sick at my stomach!"

lucas1828 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Ask you doctor to prescribe Marinol(dronainol) to cure you of your MAJOR Nausea problem. If you are taking large doses of medicines for CANCER OR HIV/AIDS then you probably get nauseous A LOT! We all know that its hard to get anything done when you are nauseated all day. This medicine is a game changer and a life saver. I would go as far as to say that this is a miracle. I'm still in shock how well it is helping my nausea since nothing I ever took before helped as much as this medicine!"

krbsshguy August 16, 2013

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Helps with multiple issues, no real high for me, but significantly less pain and anxiety!"

AKA: Betty Nelson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Doctor prescribed this for treatment-resistant psych condition, including post traumatic stress disorder. This medication is significantly reduced both nightmares and flashbacks."

Anonymous January 9, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "As soon as I took first dose I vomited. I feel something else. I could not stand up and fell sleep. When I woke up, my throat hurt and could not eat without painkiller. Next day I took next one, then I vomited again."

Anonymous August 15, 2012

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I lost my appetite when I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. I take 5mg twice a day. My stomach has to be completely empty in order to feel the effects of the pill. Even with a bowl of ice cream or a milkshake in my system I will not get anything from the pill. You have to time it right because the effects kick in an hour (or later) after taking it. It's hit or miss but when it hits it allows to me eat for 3 hours straight."

Gensanwil (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2012

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I have the 2.5 version. It works well about 90% of the time, while Zofran, works about 50% of the time for me. However, I don't like taking even one because of the hangover the next day. Further, it enhances the chronic pain, making the pain worse, sometimes. Never know when that will happen. "

skypuppy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2012

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I have never personally taken this medication. However, my mother recently was prescribed to Marinol after other medications provided no relief from chemo induced nausea. Her first dose took about 3 hours to kick in (which is a long time when you're nauseated) but after that she's been a brand new person. I'm guessing it takes those first few hours to get fully in your system. She takes it twice a day and has had little to no nausea."

Anonymous March 19, 2012

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "This drug is not listed for the cancer symptom of not eating and should be. It saved my family members life."

Anonymous December 25, 2011

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I was just put on this medicine about 2 weeks ago. So far it has helped a lot with the nausea and a little bit of the vomiting (so far). It has also helped with my appetite a little, seeing that I can seem to eat only one meal a day, this will be a welcome effect if it keeps working or even starts to work better for that. The biggest hurdle or trouble I had was with the Insurance company not wanting to pay for it, I could not afford to pay it either (about ten dollars a pill, the entire 30 pills were almost 300 dollars). So after getting Prior Authuthority denied I asked my doctor to write a letter to the Insurance company stating why she feels I should be on it, it finally went through. So I would recommend this to anyone suffering! Stop SUFFERING."

Airs May 23, 2010