User Reviews for Dronabinol

Also known as: Marinol, Syndros

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dronabinol.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

AIDS Related Wasting
7.8

Summary of Dronabinol reviews 8.3 37 reviews

Reviews for Dronabinol

Marinol (dronabinol) for AIDS Related Wasting: "Hate this medication. I've been on it so far for 4 days, and it makes me feel stoned/drunk, and takes away my ability to focus and concentrate. I can't wait to get off of it. Everyone reacts differently to medication, and I hope, other people don't have to go through the same side effects as I am currently battling."

Frank007 November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been on every antiemetic (Nausea/Vomiting w/ Chronic Intractable Migraines and Hiatal Hernia) and they typically work for a while until I grow tolerant of the medication. The real problem I have with the marinol is that it is only available in pill form - just by swallowing it I begin vomiting all over again. I've also found that in the rare instance when I can keep it down, like if I take it during the prodrome phase, the timing for when it kicks in is inconsistent now; sometimes it won't do anything and then suddenly 12 hours later it will hit me, while other times it will start working in two."

sarcazm (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have PTSD, 2 double lung transplants, bronchomalacia, gastroparesis, nissen fundoplication. A-Fib, A-Flutter, vertigo, pulmonary artery stent, cardiac arrest, sternal wires, artificial right hip. extruded and mangled L4 and L5. two back surgeries, smashed thoracic vertebrae, broken toes. broken ribs, CMV, donor specific antibodies. Blah blah blah. a lot more to go, but marinol has been a savior. Keeps me from puking daily, knocks out most of my pain, and does wonders for my anxiety. Screw taking klonopin, norco, and zofran. This covers most of the bases very well."

Bear Croft (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I am surprised this isn't oncologists "go to" drug. After my first A/C infusion for breast cancer, I had severe nausea and vomiting immediately. The doctor prescribed 25 mg promethazine orally and rectally(in case I couldn't hold down the pill). All it did was make me sleep for hours, induce a migraine status headache, severe stomach pain/cramping, and I would still wake up vomiting. Then my doctor prescribed Dronabinol 5mg. It was a miracle drug. The stomach pain, nausea and vomiting completely stopped. It made me slightly tired in the beginning, but the feeling was more relaxed than tired therefore I could continue to function normally. It also stimulated my appetite which is very important for chemotherapy patient"

MooMooMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For AIDS Related Wasting: "I've been taking dronabinol several years now, I think it's the only thing that keeps me eating."

Mr. Burns (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Great no nightmares, anxiety almost nonexistent, and does get me feeling loopy like xanax, klonopin, or Ativan. No flashbacks either. :)"

Josiah Johnson (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "After debilitating nausea and vomitting from radiation and chemotherapy and after trying all the normal drugs like zofran and some others I tried marinol. It was by the far the most effective for treating nausea and vomitting of any pharmaceutical. It gives a nice pleasant buzz as well. The problem for me was the over-stimulation of my appetite. I've never felt hunger like this in my entire life. Anyway, people who need this drug could probably use the extra appetite anyway."

Barjohn_89 September 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "Took my first dose last night before dinner. I have always had a poor appetite & have had to force myself to eat a meal or two through out the day before actually feeling hunger pains at dinner time. After the 5mg dose last night I started feeling "high" after about 30 minutes. About an hour later I started hallucinating & having paranoia about dying. I had my husband take me to the hospital. I was given Ada-van to relax me & are still feeling some of the effects today. It's like the absolute worst hangover ever. The ER Doctor said that maybe 5% of the population would have this sort of reaction to it & I just so happen to have been in that 5%. :/"

Lulu43 July 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "My boyfriend has cancer and was receiving two kinds of chemotherapy. Along with blood clots and a drain in his leg he was in alot of pain. When receiving chemo we would stay in the hospital for three days and even with the neulasta shot and all the IV anti nausea meds he still was sick. Finally he was prescribed marinol and it changed everything. The day we came home from the hospital after taking it he was well enough to go Frisbee golfing even with a drain in his leg! He never vomited again, and he actually got kinda chubby! The drug changed his attitude and I belive it gave him the strength he needed to fight his sarcoma. He's now in remission!"

Madden28 June 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Recently diagnosed advanced lung adenocarcinoma. After surgery began chemotherapy. This med helps allay anxiety, nausea, stimulates appetite and helps me sleep. My mood is improved."

Jackinblack1216 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I have gastroparesis and a pacemaker for it in my stomach. I've been on every nausea medicine and this is the only one that worked!! I felt so relaxed and my mood went up and my appetite is better than it was."

mobuckner21 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I have osteomyolitis /MRSA . This was Excellent... Great for nausea and definitely gives an appetite without upsetting stomach."

Anonymous July 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: " I have common variable immunodeficiency which causes anorexia. I found Marinol 5mg taken a couple hours before meals makes a huge difference. If I do not want to eat, ulcers etc, I found it easier with Marinol and have actually gained around 10lbs in the initial month or two..... I would recommend it for any patient with weight loss issues!"

Mic B July 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have no more nightmares or side effects it as if i am normal again. i take 2 10mg a day and thank god it does not make me high"

sensei2002 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "Amazing! My stress after my tonsilectomy led me to relapse into anorexia. This medication saved my life allowing me to enjoy flavors of food & gain 10 needed pounds. Amazing life changer and my depression is less chronic."

mysunshinesummer122 April 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anorexia: "Increase my appetite during and after chemo therapy, while having treatment for prostate cancer. "

Simpson buckshot (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "My husband has chemo induced weight loss, he weighed 117lbs two months ago, and now he weighs 131lbs and it helps with nausea somewhat. He takes two 10 mg capsules daily."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I am disabled veteran with spinal injury. The opioid med was all I knew for my back. I have since been amazed at the pain reliving ability of this medicine. It helps me eat and allows for a more positive day."

Injuriedvet08 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "My mother was given dronabinol almost 3 weeks ago before starting chemo. She was so weak from not eating much in 3 months. I ask the doctor to start her on it a few days before she started chemo to see if it helped her to eat. I was afraid she wouldn't make it through chemo because she was already so weak. Monday will be her third week. So far she has not been sick, not one day and she has also gained 5 lbs. Thanks to God and my mothers miracle pill I really believe she will be able to beat this thing. I just wish it wasn't so hard to get insurance companies to pay for this."

Tennessee75 September 13, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Anorexia: "I have severe Gastroparesis at as very young age as a male. I have exhausted every single option other than surgery and nothing seemed to be working. My doctor recommended Marinol. At the time I did not know what the drug consisted of. He told me and I accepted it over the experimental surgeries they wanted to perform as the only other option. I began taking the medication for increasing my appetite, nausea, vomiting, and the pains associated with Gastroparesis. It has worked wonders for me and it doesn't have the same severe side effects like Phenergan, Reglan, Domperidone, etc,etc"

TylerD'Este (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Since starting Dronabinol, I have less flashbacks from my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and less PTSD anxiety."

Anonymous July 18, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for : "I've had chronic pancreatitis for about 7 years. I've struggled with nausea and vomiting for so long. Reglan, Scopolamine, Phenargan, Zofran I've been on all of them. Yes they worked at first but Marinol is best for me. For the first time in years I'm not sick! I don't have appetite like some do, it does make me giddy for an hour or 2 but I'm finally not sick at my stomach!"

lucas1828 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Marinol (dronabinol) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Ask you doctor to prescribe Marinol(dronainol) to cure you of your MAJOR Nausea problem. If you are taking large doses of medicines for CANCER OR HIV/AIDS then you probably get nauseous A LOT! We all know that its hard to get anything done when you are nauseated all day. This medicine is a game changer and a life saver. I would go as far as to say that this is a miracle. I'm still in shock how well it is helping my nausea since nothing I ever took before helped as much as this medicine!"

krbsshguy August 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Helps with multiple issues, no real high for me, but significantly less pain and anxiety!"

AKA: Betty Nelson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Doctor prescribed this for treatment-resistant psych condition, including post traumatic stress disorder. This medication is significantly reduced both nightmares and flashbacks."

Anonymous January 9, 2013