User Reviews for Dronabinol

Also known as: Marinol, Syndros

Dronabinol Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Dronabinol to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"Taking 5mg twice daily for anxiety. Has helped a little with the anxiety but it undoubtedly puts me in a good mood."

Flower357 June 25, 2018

"I've been on every antiemetic (Nausea/Vomiting w/ Chronic Intractable Migraines and Hiatal Hernia) and they typically work for a while until I grow tolerant of the medication. The real problem I have with the marinol is that it is only available in pill form - just by swallowing it I begin vomiting all over again. I've also found that in the rare instance when I can keep it down, like if I take it during the prodrome phase, the timing for when it kicks in is inconsistent now; sometimes it won't do anything and then suddenly 12 hours later it will hit me, while other times it will start working in two."

sarcazm (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 30, 2017

"I have PTSD, 2 double lung transplants, bronchomalacia, gastroparesis, nissen fundoplication. A-Fib, A-Flutter, vertigo, pulmonary artery stent, cardiac arrest, sternal wires, artificial right hip. extruded and mangled L4 and L5. two back surgeries, smashed thoracic vertebrae, broken toes. broken ribs, CMV, donor specific antibodies. Blah blah blah. a lot more to go, but marinol has been a savior. Keeps me from puking daily, knocks out most of my pain, and does wonders for my anxiety. Screw taking klonopin, norco, and zofran. This covers most of the bases very well."

Bear Croft (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2017

"Great no nightmares, anxiety almost nonexistent, and does get me feeling loopy like xanax, klonopin, or Ativan. No flashbacks either. :)"

Josiah Johnson (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016

"I have no more nightmares or side effects it as if i am normal again. i take 2 10mg a day and thank god it does not make me high"

sensei2002 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2015

"Since starting Dronabinol, I have less flashbacks from my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and less PTSD anxiety."

Anonymous July 18, 2014

"Helps with multiple issues, no real high for me, but significantly less pain and anxiety!"

AKA: Betty Nelson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

"Doctor prescribed this for treatment-resistant psych condition, including post traumatic stress disorder. This medication is significantly reduced both nightmares and flashbacks."

Anonymous January 9, 2013