User Reviews for Dronabinol to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Also known as: Marinol, Syndros

Dronabinol has an average rating of 8.7 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. 80% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Dronabinol Rating Summary

8.7/10 average rating

Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Dronabinol

Bear Croft · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2017

“I have PTSD, 2 double lung transplants, bronchomalacia, gastroparesis, nissen fundoplication. A-Fib, A-Flutter, vertigo, pulmonary artery stent, cardiac arrest, sternal wires, artificial right hip. extruded and mangled L4 and L5. two back surgeries, smashed thoracic vertebrae, broken toes. broken ribs, CMV, donor specific antibodies. Blah blah blah. a lot more to go, but marinol has been a savior. Keeps me from puking daily, knocks out most of my pain, and does wonders for my anxiety. Screw taking klonopin, norco, and zofran. This covers most of the bases very well.”

Ty March 12, 2020

“Since my doctor prescribed me dronabinol I no longer have nightmares and greatly reduced my anxiety attacks as a result from my PTSD. With absolutely no high, my dose I am taking is 10mg 3 times a day.”

S · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

“My doctor prescribed dronabinol off-label for PTSD-related anxiety and insomnia while I wait for my medical cannabis card to come. I’ve never used marijuana or THC before. I was instructed to take 1-2 before bed as needed. I started with 1. Nothing happened. No tiredness, no groggy feeling, no munchies and definitely no high. Next, I tried 2, as prescribed. It was horrid. I tossed and turned trying to fall asleep. I woke up after 90 minutes feeling dizzy, nauseous, confused, paranoid, sweaty and anxious. The muscles in the bottoms of my eyes felt like they were spasming when they were fully open (they weren’t.) I felt disconnected from my body, in spite of the fact that I was feeling very ill. I was sick to my stomach, dizzy and had no appetite the following day. This drug made me very sick. I hope the full plant has better therapeutic effects, once I am eligible.”

sarcazm · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 30, 2017

“I've been on every antiemetic (Nausea/Vomiting w/ Chronic Intractable Migraines and Hiatal Hernia) and they typically work for a while until I grow tolerant of the medication. The real problem I have with the marinol is that it is only available in pill form - just by swallowing it I begin vomiting all over again. I've also found that in the rare instance when I can keep it down, like if I take it during the prodrome phase, the timing for when it kicks in is inconsistent now; sometimes it won't do anything and then suddenly 12 hours later it will hit me, while other times it will start working in two.”

Anonymous August 19, 2021

“My legs were numb and uncoordinated due to multiple sclerosis Off label use of dronabinol brought my legs back to life! It produced absolutely no intoxication increased energy in a natural way and greatly lifted my mood as I was able to accomplish so much more with this drug It is much safer than drugs normally prescribed for these disorders. I was taking a very low dose Just 5mg 3 times a week”

AKA: Betty Nelson · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2013

“Helps with multiple issues, no real high for me, but significantly less pain and anxiety!”

Anonymous January 9, 2013

“Doctor prescribed this for treatment-resistant psych condition, including post traumatic stress disorder. This medication is significantly reduced both nightmares and flashbacks.”

Anonymous July 18, 2014

“Since starting Dronabinol, I have less flashbacks from my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and less PTSD anxiety.”

sensei2002 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2015

“I have no more nightmares or side effects it as if i am normal again. i take 2 10mg a day and thank god it does not make me high”

Flower357 June 25, 2018

“Taking 5mg twice daily for anxiety. Has helped a little with the anxiety but it undoubtedly puts me in a good mood.”

Josiah Johnson · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2016

“Great no nightmares, anxiety almost nonexistent, and does get me feeling loopy like xanax, klonopin, or Ativan. No flashbacks either. :)”

ETEQ · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 24, 2021

“In terms of PTSD, Dronabinol has been an absolute game-changer for me. From having constant terrible nightmares and flashbacks I now dream about happy unicorns.”

Learn more about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder