Vicks QlearQuil Daytime Sinus & Congestion Side Effects
Generic name: acetaminophen / phenylephrine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 4, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about acetaminophen / phenylephrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Vicks QlearQuil Daytime Sinus & Congestion.
For the Consumer
Applies to acetaminophen / phenylephrine: oral capsule, oral packet, oral tablet
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Trouble sleeping.
For Healthcare Professionals
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Serious skin reactions
Reports of blood dyscrasias are not necessarily causally related to acetaminophen.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hypersensitivity[Ref]
More about Vicks QlearQuil Daytime Sinus & Congestion (acetaminophen / phenylephrine)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Other brands
- Sudafed PE Sinus Pressure + Pain, Tylenol Sinus + Headache Day, Contac Cold + Flu (Day Formula), Sinus Congestion and Pain Daytime Cool Ice, ... +5 more
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.