Salsitab Side Effects
Generic Name: salsalate
Note: This document contains side effect information about salsalate. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Salsitab.
For the Consumer
Applies to salsalate: oral tablets
Side effects include:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to salsalate: oral capsule, oral tablet
The most frequently reported side effects were usually reversible and included tinnitus, nausea, hearing impairment, rash, and vertigo.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hepatic function abnormal, hepatitis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Nephritis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Bronchospasm[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Tinnitus, hearing impaired, vertigo, creatinine clearance decreased[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Salsalate (salsalate)." Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Glasgow, KY.
2. "Product Information. Disalcid (salsalate)." 3M Pharmaceuticals, St. Paul, MN.
3. Phillips BB, Joss JD, Mulhausen PL "Blood pressure elevation in a patient treated with salsalate." Ann Pharmacother 36 (2002): 624-7
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Salsitab (salsalate)
- Salsitab Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: salicylates
Other brands: Disalcid