Propantheline Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 23, 2022.
For the Consumer
Applies to propantheline: oral tablets
Side effects include:
Xerostomia, decreased sweating, adverse ophthalmic effects (e.g., blurred vision, mydriasis, cycloplegia, increased ocular tension).
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to propantheline: compounding powder, oral tablet
Frequency not reported: Accommodation loss, blurred vision, cycloplegia, increased intraocular pressure, increased ocular tension, light sensitivity, mydriasis, pupil dilation[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Difficulty in talking, reduced bronchial secretions[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Thirst[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Weakness[Ref]
More about propantheline
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug images
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Propantheline Bromide (propantheline)." Roxane Laboratories Inc (2006):
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.