Nedocromil Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 20, 2022.
Applies to nedocromil: inhalation aerosol with adapter.
Gastrointestinal side effects have included unpleasant taste which was reported in approximately 13% of patients receiving nedocromil and resulted in drug withdrawal in up to 3%. Less commonly, nedocromil has caused nausea and vomiting (2% to 4%).[Ref]
Throat irritation may be relieved by drinking water before and after inhalation of nedocromil. Use of a beta-2 agonist prior to nedocromil inhalation may relieve cough and bronchospasm.[Ref]
Respiratory side effects have included cough and throat irritation in 6% to 7% of patients treated with nedocromil. Bronchospasm has been induced in 5% of patients.[Ref]
More about nedocromil
- Check interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: mast cell stabilizers
Related treatment guides
1. Dejong JW, Teengs JP, Postma DS, Vandermark TW, Koeter GH, Demonchy JGR "Nedocromil sodium versus albuterol in the management of allergic asthma." Am J Respir Crit Care Med 149 (1994): 91-7
2. Rebuck AS, Kesten S, Boulet LP, Cartier A, Cockcroft D, Gruber J, Laberge F, Lee-Chuy E, Keshmiri M, MacDonald GF, et al. "A 3-month evaluation of the efficacy of nedocromil sodium in asthma: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of nedocromil sodium conducted by a Canadian multicenter study group." J Allergy Clin Immunol 85 (1990): 612-7
3. Foulds RA "An overview of human safety data with nedocromil sodium." J Allergy Clin Immunol 92 (1993): 202-4
4. Parish RC, Miller LJ "Nedocromil sodium." Ann Pharmacother 27 (1993): 599-606
5. Gonzalez JP, Brogden RN "Nedocromil sodium. A preliminary review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic efficacy in the treatment of reversible obstructive airways disease." Drugs 34 (1987): 560-77
6. Brogden RN, Sorkin EM "Nedocromil sodium. An updated review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic efficacy in asthma." Drugs 45 (1993): 693-715
7. "Product Information. Tilade (nedocromil)." Rhone Poulenc Rorer (2001):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.