Mesoridazine Side Effects
Applies to mesoridazine: injectable solution, oral concentrate, oral tablet
Drugs with the potential to prolong the QTc interval have been associated with torsades de pointes-type arrhythmias and sudden death.[Ref]
Central nervous system side effects including drowsiness, Parkinson's syndrome, dizziness, weakness, tremor, restlessness, ataxia, dystonia, rigidity, slurring, akathisia, and motoric reactions (opisthotonos) have been reported. Autonomic nervous system effects including dry mouth, nausea and vomiting, fainting, stuffy nose, photophobia, constipation, and blurred vision have also been reported.[Ref]
Adverse effects including rigidity and motoric effects tend to occur later in therapy.[Ref]
More about mesoridazine
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: phenothiazine antipsychotics
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Serentil (mesoridazine)" Boehringer-Ingelheim, Ridgefield, CT.
2. Starck LC, Talley BJ, Brannan SK "Mesoridazine use and priapism [letter]." Am J Psychiatry 151 (1994): 946
3. Compton MT, Miller AH "Priapism associated with conventional and atypical antipsychotic medications: A review." J Clin Psychiatry 62 (2001): 362-6
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.