Hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 5, 2022.
Applies to hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate: oral capsule, oral tablet.
Serious side effects
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- A fast heartbeat.
- Blurred eyesight.
- Feeling confused.
- Trouble passing urine.
Other side effects
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Dry mouth.
- Change in color of urine or stool to blue or green.
- Feeling sleepy.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (14)
- Imprints, shape & color data
- Dosage information
- Drug class: urinary antispasmodics
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.