Dyanavel XR Side Effects
Generic Name: amphetamine
Note: This document contains side effect information about amphetamine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Dyanavel XR.
For the Consumer
Applies to amphetamine: oral suspension extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release disintegrating
Oral route (Suspension, Extended Release; Tablet, Extended Release, Disintegrating)
CNS stimulants, including amphetamine extended-release oral formulations, other amphetamine-containing products, and methylphenidate, have a high potential for abuse and dependence. Assess the risk of abuse prior to prescribing and monitor for signs of abuse and dependence while on therapy.
Oral route (Tablet)
Abuse potential is high with the use of amphetamines. Using amphetamines for a prolonged period of time may lead to drug dependence and must be avoided. Pay particular attention to the possibility of patients obtaining amphetamines for distribution to others or for nontherapeutic use. Prescribe and dispense amphetamines sparingly. Sudden death and serious cardiovascular adverse events may occur with misuse of amphetamines.
Along with its needed effects, amphetamine (the active ingredient contained in Dyanavel XR) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking amphetamine:
- bladder pain
- bloody or cloudy urine
- delusions of persecution, mistrust, suspiciousness, or combativeness
- difficult, burning, or painful urination
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- feeling of unreality
- frequent urge to urinate
- lower back or side pain
- mental depression
- quick to react or overreact emotionally
- rapidly changing moods
- sense of detachment from self or body
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- severe mental changes
Incidence Not Known
- Blurred vision
- fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- overactive reflexes
- pounding in the ears
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- slow or fast heartbeat
- talking or acting with excitement you cannot control
- trouble sleeping
- twitching, twisting, or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the tongue, lips, face, arms, or legs
- uncontrolled vocal outbursts or tics (uncontrolled repeated body movements)
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking amphetamine:
Symptoms of Overdose
- Dark urine
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- muscle cramps, spasms, pain, or stiffness
- stomach cramps
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of amphetamine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence Not Known
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- difficulty having a bowel movement
- hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
- inability to have or keep an erection
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- redness of the skin
- unpleasant taste
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to amphetamine: oral suspension extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet disintegrating extended release
The most commonly reported side effects with amphetamine (the active ingredient contained in Dyanavel XR) products include dry mouth, anorexia, weight loss, abdominal pain, nausea, insomnia, restlessness, emotional lability, dizziness, and tachycardia.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Palpitations, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, cardiomyopathy
There have been isolated reports of cardiomyopathy associated with chronic amphetamine use.[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Psychotic episodes
Frequency not reported: Euphoria, dysphoria, insomnia, restlessness, irritability, depression, aggression, anger, logorrhea, dermatillomania[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Rhabdomyolysis[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Upper abdominal pain
Frequency not reported: Urticaria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Anorexia, weight loss[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Blurred vision, mydriasis[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Adzenys XR-ODT (amphetamine)." Neos Therepeautics, Inc, Grand Praire, TX.
2. "Product Information. Adzenys ER (amphetamine)." Neos Therepeautics, Inc, Grand Praire, TX.
3. "Product Information. Evekeo (amphetamine)." Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Atlanta, GA.
4. "Product Information. Dyanavel XR (amphetamine)." Tris Pharma Inc, Monmouth Junction, NJ.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
- What exactly is Captagon and is it still available?
- Adderall vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- Concerta vs Adderall. What is the difference between them?
- How is Adzenys ER different to other brands of amphetamine?
- Is Dyanavel XR a controlled substance?
More about Dyanavel XR (amphetamine)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 22 Reviews
- Drug class: CNS stimulants
- FDA Approval History