Calcitriol topical Side Effects
Commonly reported side effects of calcitriol topical include: hypercalcemia. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to calcitriol topical: external ointment
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high calcium levels like weakness, confusion, feeling tired, headache, upset stomach and throwing up, hard stools (constipation), or bone pain.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to calcitriol topical: topical ointment
Common (1% to 10%): Laboratory test abnormality[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Skin discomfort, pruritus, skin irritation, erythema, psoriasis
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Dry skin
Frequency not reported: Skin edema, contact dermatitis
Postmarketing reports: Acute blistering dermatitis, erythema, skin burning sensation[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Urine abnormality, hypercalciuria[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Kidney stones[Ref]
The most commonly reported side effect was hypercalcemia.[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
2. "Product Information. Vectical (calcitriol topical)." Galderma Laboratories Inc, Cranbury, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about calcitriol topical
- Calcitriol topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antipsoriatics
Other brands: Vectical