User Reviews for Ustekinumab

Also known as: Stelara

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ustekinumab.

Crohn's Disease

Psoriasis
8.4

Psoriatic Arthritis
6.2

Summary of Ustekinumab reviews 7.9 110 reviews

Reviews for Ustekinumab

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have taken 2 shots of this medication and have not noticed a slight difference in my arthritis or my dry skin.Would not recommend if your arthritis is severe."

rollover (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Stelara's been a great for me. I'm 64, have had Crohn's for 50 years and undiagnosed for 20 years until my mid-30's. I'm now in the best shape I've been in decades--no cramping pain for 3 years since starting injections. Been biking 30 miles a week, playing flag football and basketball, working with weights and a trainer 3x weekly. No side effects--yay!"

Life with Crohn's (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Hello I am 59 year old women who has psoriatic arthritis for over 7 years now. I was on remecade and decided to try something else so my RMD put me on stelara. So here's the thing although my psoriasis cleared up my arthritis is bad I've only been on it for 2 months so I am giving it more of a chance. Anyone else here have arthritis and on stelara? Thoughts please and thank you"

Susannn September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Stelara has worked fantastically for me where Humira was a failure. I found that the biweekly Humira shots were not enough to control symptoms but the initial 8 week infusion of Stelara has been great."

KrullX (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I'm a 65 year old male. Psoriasis since I was 30. Tried every RX and treatment there was with little help. Now into my 4th year on Stelera and it's been a blessing. No issues with my skin. Completely clear and no side effects for me other than tiredness. Otherwise in great health and take no other meds. It's the best. I'm thankful."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I am 47 year old Australian male, and had my first Stelara 45mg injection 3 weeks ago. I can honestly say Stelara is definitely working for me. Although my lesions are still visible, the "angriness" has subsided and scaling almost gone. Most of my PS patches are starting to look like sun spots or birth marks. I think a holiday in the sun will fix that up! It is slow progress, so I will be interested to see what happens following my booster injection next week. I just hope the improvement doesn't stop at where I am currently. No adverse side effects for me at this stage, but as suggested by my nurse, I am much more proactive when it comes to avoiding infections, such as coughs, colds or flu and we are in our winter season. So far so good."

googs0001 July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have had severe psoriasis for 22 years. Last year I developed psoriatic arthritis too. The pain was debilitating and made dealing with my skin even harder. It took doctors 6 mth to prescribe Stelara but once I got it, I got my life back. I've only had 2 jabs but I feel fantastic and my skin us 100% improved. A wonder drug for me. I pray to God it doesn't fail like Humira and Cosentyx. Good luck to all of you suffering with these horrific disease's"

Debidibdobs June 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Dear all. I am 49 yrs old (M) just start the treatment. I just would like to let you know after a week my affected skin spectacularly improved. Improved mean I do not have any peeling areas…:-) I will get another injection for next month, and after every quarter. I am starting to believe again it will works after many other useless alternative treatment.. Although I do not know the side effects .. I'm a little frightened of what I read .. but I am so happy :-)"

ZiggyHUN May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have had severe Plaque Psoriasis for 32 years. I am a 50 year old male. I have tried everything you can imagine over all those years. Even a 6 week program at The University of Michigan did not help the 85% coverage I have had since I was 18. Nothing worked until July of 2016 I had my firat Stelara injection. Within 3 months I was almost clear and almost a year later I am clear except for a couple spots under my fingernails. It is a miracle to me. If you have lived with it you know what I mean."

Kdub766 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I highly recommend Stelara. After getting my first shot I immediately felt my skin clearing up and by the next day about 60% was gone. That week 80% was gone (btw I have guttate psoriasis) and I was super stoked because I've tried metho, cyclo,and Enbril (enbril only made my skin worse) but nothing really worked 100%. After my second shot which was a month after my first one I noticed it start coming back even on my scalp and I hadn't had it there in years. About 60% has came back. Luckily I had no side effects though. I think this could be the answer for a lot of psoriasis sufferers! My skin is just stubborn and hard to treat but not as bad as most people ):"

Vanessaaaaaa May 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Does not work for me. Much worse after 3 shots. Extreme fatigue."

Megszandra May 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I was placed on Stelara Jan 2016 after suffering Moderate to Severe Psoriasis for 43 yrs (Im 47) yup my whole life with this hideous curse. Stelara for me was great I had NO SIDE EFFECTS I went from 80% covered to less then 10% after the 4th injection. Severe pain forced me to seek biologics not vanity. In Oct 2016 I was diagnoised with Thyroid Cancer and was removed from Stelara for next 2 yrs. "Sigh" Stelara DID NOT cause my thyroid cancer I was sick with thyroid issues a couple of years prior to using Stelara even after repeated visits to my Doctor and many specialists who all told me for 3 years my issues were in my head and after all this it ended up being all in my throat. Psoriasis sufferers are treated like complainers by most Dr."

Battyone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I am a registered nurse and have had psoriasis since I was 12. I am now 56. It was mostly contained to my scalp during the winter months. But I started experiencing psoriatic arthritis which was getting worse in my hands and feet. 1 month after starting Stelara, I noticed a difference. It has been 9 months and I have no more psoriasis or arthritis pain. I did not experience any side effects. I highly recommend this product."

NYC RN April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Do not use Stelara. I wish I hadn't. I have had nothing but stomach/immune system issues since taking Stelara about 1 year ago. It did reduce the psoriasis but at a cost that no one should pay. I have several scans and an endoscopy only to have the gastro intestinal specialist tell me that my issues appear to be related to the Stelara and that my immune system has potentially been compromised indefinitely. STAY AWAY from all biological drugs, they are not safe in my opinion."

Worse than before (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I am 27 years old and have psoriasis since 15. I have tried all ointments, sunbeds and every tablet.... Yes every tablet. I have just been put on stelara and had my first injection on Friday. Injection was pain free and very quick. I can honestly say I have had.no reductions in the psoriasis but it seems that my itching has completely stopped. I find my self scratching out of habit and I don't need to. Fingers crossed for this because if this doesn't work I don't no what next :-("

#NOMOREFLAKESPLEASE (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've had psoriasis for 48yrs. I had my 3rd shot a few weeks ago. My psoriasis have cleared up 85% and helping Arthritis. I had tried everything you could think of. I'm glad my Dermatologist suggested this to me."

Lady Bulldog (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I developed a severe case of psoriasis soon after my 18th birthday, with 90% of my body covered. For years I tried everything under the sun including steroids, PUVA, all topicals, Embrel, Humira, and methotrexate. The only thing that ever helped was the metho and if I tried to go off of it, I would be unable to leave the house for months on end, living in excruciating pain. I had been on metho for over 30 years, resigned to a life of weekly nausea and chronic lethargy, when my new doctor suggested Stelara. I tried it, positive that it would fail like everything else I had tried. And that was when life began for me again. I have now been on it for 1.5 years and for the most part completely clear. It has been a miracle for me!"

OnAClearDay (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I got diagnosed with psoriasis about three years ago, it wasn't bad at first so I never paid too much attention to it, and it eventually went away. About a year ago it came back, and took over my entire body. I was covered in rough, itchy, red patches and there was nothing that would fix it. I tried natural oils, salts, tanning, ointments, foams, even pills, and nothing worked. These things helped and soothed my psoriasis, but nothing really made it go away. I finally turned to Stelara and I could cry from the results. I am getting my second injection this Friday, and after only the FIRST one, my skin looks 75% better. The injection immediately caused my skin to be less itchy, and appear far less irritated. I suggest Stelara to EVERYONE!!!"

PsoriaPISSED December 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "AMAZING!!!!! Stelara saved my life. it worked within my first injection and by the next month I was 90% clear. I just got my 12 weeks follow up and im 100% clear still taking my injection but clear I was covered head to toe 3 months ago."

Yanesse (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Crohn's Disease: "Wow. I have tried every medication from 6mp methotrexate humira infliximab vedolizumab etc. all failed in the end and my latest try vedolizumab didn't work at all. I was in a flare for 8 months my Consultant said the only option left was to remove my colon. I have never been in so much pain and weight loss. Then I got a call from the hospital saying the drug company was willing to offer me ustekinumab. It's not licensed in the UK yet for crohns so I wasn't sure. But omg within 9 days of treatment I've never felt so good . I must admit in those 9 days when I never felt anything I thought it wasn't going to work then boom I woke up one day and felt amazing. If you get offered this amazing drug just give it time and it will work wonders"

The lakes (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Stelara has lowered all the inflammatory markers in my bloods to within a normal range. This however doesn't repair damage already done. I am however suffering much less of burning in the joints. The aching is still pretty much the same. I was previously on Embrel and have been on Stelara for only two months so a way to go yet. SO far so good."

Ablast (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I got my first injection almost 4 weeks ago and am amazed! I've suffered since I was 29 and am now 41. I've tried every topical cream/ointment that's out there. Cortisone injections in my hands and feet that thinned my skin out so bad you can see all my veins - even spent almost $10,000 on an in home phototherapy bed with only sporadic relief. I live at the beach during the summer with my kids and this summer I had to wear a dress to my ankles to save embarrassment. After only 4 weeks, my feet are 100% clear except for some redness and my legs are clear with the exception of light pink spots where all of my lesions were. No side effects at all so far. I've never been so happy :)"

Mellybell (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have had psoriatic arthritis for 20 years. Mostly attempting to control the arthritis which at times has been debilitating to say the least. For the first year my skin was clear after the loading doses. I wore shorts and went swimming without fear! And while I'm still very happy with stelara I've noticed it doesn't control my arthritis as well (still manageable) and I have small patches beginning to appear. I'm well under the 200lb weight for the higher dose."

AnnaKumquat (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Ive been fighting psoriasis and arthritis since 2004 tried everything out there the only thing that has worked for me is stelera its amazing !!!"

Kickser (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Hey guys, almost amazing results in 2 months then started getting patches all over my trunk. My professor put me on to 90mgs and its almost all gone again. Someone said they still itch a lot so I would suggest (phenergan 25mgs tablets) take 1 an hour before bed and you'll sleep like a log.The only thing that it hasn't help is the mental health side of the psoriasis so I'm looking at getting help from my Dr. Good luck guys and stay psoriasis free "

squiddy1967 September 12, 2016