User Reviews for Ustekinumab

Psoriatic Arthritis
6.4

Summary of Ustekinumab reviews 8.0 132 reviews

Reviews for Ustekinumab

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Tried Humira over 9 months, bad reactions, nausea, weakness. No positive results. Then tried Otezla, again no positive results, bad headaches a side effect. On Stelara I have very positive results; scaling gone, itching gone, red patches gone, all in less than 4 months."

Dave L (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "After 41 yrs of Crohn's & being non responsive to all treatments, including biologics, I've been on Stelara now for 16 weeks, & I'm starting to see a real difference !! I was reluctant to believe that it would work but, I'm ecstatic that something may actually turn things around for me. Best yet, NO Side Effects !! "

LynnSanta (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I was the first person in Oregon to try Stelara as soon as it was available. I had tried everything - creams, light treatments, infusions, shots - you name it. I have been the poster child for this drug. It cleared up right away and I've been psoriasis free for years. I don't know how long it's supposed to work for, so I hope it's forever. At first I was on the assistance program plus insurance, but once I got Medicare I was kicked off. However I am lucky enough to have great secondary insurance now that covers all but $50."

Pdxuser (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Humira worked great for my psoriatic arthritis. Unfortunately my new insurance didn’t cover the dosages. Stelara is ok helps with psoriasis still have pain. Skin is very dry. I will continue treatment hope it works better. But I doubt it will."

Jonah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I just lost my best friend to Stelara, yes it cleared her psoriasis up but she got severe lung problems last year and was put in ICU in Feb 2108 and then started having strokes 5 wks ago. We lost her Saturday night. She started seeing different symptoms a year ago. I told her and she said oh no its not the shot. I think it was - this stuff is poison"

Mal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I've had spots of psoriasis since my early twenties - mostly limited to my elbows and a couple spots here and there on my legs. However, I got a strep infection in February and got an outrageous covering of guttate psoriasis. Nothing would help - I went through 3 bottles of different topicals, went to the tanning beds with little to no difference. I was on antibiotics to make sure the strep was gone and my stomach was unhappy about it. Finally got my first shot of Stelara last week. I have limited insurance so I was grateful for the assistance program. Within a couple of days the spots seem less angry - less pain, itching and not as bright red. The patches are still there, but appear to be fading. I'm praying the progress continues!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have used Stelara since 2015 and I have 100 per cent clearing! As an actor, I am very concerned about the breakout or even before they happen ,but Stelara has been very effective in controlling the plaques and I am still amazed at its efficacy on me. I have been trying to take longer interval between shots , I had a dose 3rd week in Dec '17 and the next one on April 2018 and this has been the longest interval I have taken. What I have observed within a week (and goes away) after injecting myself with a dose, I feel slightly fatigued, but it it doesn't stop me from going to the gym working out or mountain biking that week. I'm just thankful that my insurance covers the cost of this expensive drug, but its worth every drop. I was diagnosed with moderate psoriasis before using Stelara and have used the PUVA, creams, shampoos, salicylic acid. PUVA was horrible, as that psoralen would give me a nauseous feeling like a freight train just hit me, but the the booth gave me a great tan."

ECG (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: "I’ve been on stelara for 8 weeks now. Had the second shot yesterday. The shots don’t hurt. The effectiveness it’s hard to say. I have the occasional solid BM but still have diarrhea and gas. For you guys and girls that have taken it. Especially for the older gentleman that has taken it. How long before you noticed major improvements. I do not want to keep taking stuff that has little or no effect. Patrick."

Patrick65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I have Crohn's Disease and tried three different medications and broke out with Psoriasis from head to toe. Lost my hair and the ability to walk faster than a snail because my feet swelled up. Since Stelara, I have lost over 60 lbs, Psoriasis completely cleared, hair growing back. I exercise at least 3-4 times a week and feel wonderful. I think Stelara helped my digestive system and now everything is working. Biggest problem with Stelara is, now I have to get a new wardrobe."

Vicki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "My psoriasis has been around for 35 years. I kept it under control with a UVB light rack I installed at home. 6 months ago, it started raging....all over and bright red! I was at a loss, so I tried the Stelara. I have been on it for 4 weeks, and the change is dramatic. I only show signs of some scaling, but no redness anywhere! I did catch a serious cold 2 weeks in -any connection?? I am VERY pleased so far."

glee (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "It cleared psoriasis, last resort treatment. Now two years in- only problem started having symptoms of atrial fibrillation (AF) ? Is it stelara ? or age,(50) mother has AF."

louise (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Ive had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 April 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Have been on Stelera one year and it has worked great. No more Crohns symptoms. Humira did nothing for me"

Jane (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "hair loss, more plaques, weakness, infections irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), eyelash gone, pain remains but less"

zippy6545 February 13, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I am on week 2 on the initial Stelara IV infusion. So far, no side affects! (As I had with Humira, Cimzia, and Remicade). I have noticed that I am able to tolerate milk a bit more than I was able to prior. Not as much gas or abdominal cramping. Looking forward, and hoping the medicine will help me achieve remission!"

Crissymarie90 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Started on Stelara 11/7/2012. Have been 98% clear ever since. 1/19/2018. I have been on them all. 32 years of psoriasis . Enbrel worked great but quit after 4 years. Stelara has been doing wonders for about 6 years. All bloodwork in order"

Gunnyhwy11 January 20, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "It's been 3 weeks today since my 1st shot and I am seeing a little bit of clearing on my arms, my back, stomach and legs are still the same but I am itching more now than before the shot, I still feel that Stelara will work for me but my body has to adjust to it. I never did want to use injections but my psoriasis is so bad that as much as I do not want the next shot, I can't wait to get it..."

Itchybob January 12, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Have had severe psoriasis for over five years, I have tried all the creams and lotions, had light therapy and various drugs etc. I was delighted when the medics finally said I was eligible for biologics as I had heard such good things about them. Had my first Stelara injection in October, the second at the end of November and nothing whatsoever had happened! It has had no effect! My skin is now ablaze and I feel I am worse off than when I started this treatment. I am due to see the consultant again at the end of January, I hope he has a second 'wonder drug' up his sleeve because this one has, for me, been totally useless!"

Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I started stelara in 2013 cleared me up, miracle drug. Two years later I developed psoriatic arthritis and stelara did not help my arthritis. My dr switched me to cosentyx back in April and my lower leg is broke out and cosentyx is not helping my arthritis. My dr is swithing me to taltz now. I have never taken any TNF's such as Humira but may have too."

sandbaby26 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 1, 2017

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis since the age of my early twenties around the knees and then slowly it spread to arms buttocks and eventually about 90% of my body. I tried all the creams with little to no help. Realized that the disease was from the inside and then tried the Juicing of fruits and vegetables which was very helpful. In 2015 I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my back and doctor suggested Stelara. My case was very severe so I was prescribed the .95 mg dose. First injection was noticeable in a few weeks easy. I have been taking the treatment for close to 2 years now and I am about 95% completely clear. Absolutely amazed by the results. All my blood tests have all been normal. The enjoyment of being psoriasis free is overwhelming!"

Anonymous December 1, 2017

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have psorasis on and off for over 20 years. It effected my ankles only with a small patch on elbows from time to time which has not come back for longest time. However the ankles would flair up so bad. Tried all the creams possible, Dovenex, Betnovate, mix by the pharmacist with tar in it .. and many more. All of these worked for awhile. The I took tablets internally, Acretin, Fumaderm... did not work. Side effects such as hot flushes, aches and pain, headaches. Then got tested for Stelera. Sceptical about taking an injection. All good so far .. started in early November 2017. I did use a fantastic foam recommended by my GP while impatiently waiting and suffering to get Stelera. Working from the inside now :))"

Mom60 November 30, 2017

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have taken 2 shots of this medication and have not noticed a slight difference in my arthritis or my dry skin.Would not recommend if your arthritis is severe."

rollover (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Stelara's been a great for me. I'm 64, have had Crohn's for 50 years and undiagnosed for 20 years until my mid-30's. I'm now in the best shape I've been in decades--no cramping pain for 3 years since starting injections. Been biking 30 miles a week, playing flag football and basketball, working with weights and a trainer 3x weekly. No side effects--yay!"

Life with Crohn's (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Hello I am 59 year old women who has psoriatic arthritis for over 7 years now. I was on remecade and decided to try something else so my RMD put me on stelara. So here's the thing although my psoriasis cleared up my arthritis is bad I've only been on it for 2 months so I am giving it more of a chance. Anyone else here have arthritis and on stelara? Thoughts please and thank you"

Susannn September 27, 2017