User Reviews for Ustekinumab

Also known as: Stelara

Learn more about Ustekinumab.

Crohn's Disease 1 reviews 68 medications

Psoriasis 83 reviews 313 medications

8.5
Psoriatic Arthritis 7 reviews 60 medications

6.2
Summary of Ustekinumab reviews 91 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Ustekinumab

For Crohn's Disease: "Wow. I have tried every medication from 6mp methotrexate humira infliximab vedolizumab etc. all failed in the end and my latest try vedolizumab didn't work at all. I was in a flare for 8 months my Consultant said the only option left was to remove my colon. I have never been in so much pain and weight loss. Then I got a call from the hospital saying the drug company was willing to offer me ustekinumab. It's not licensed in the UK yet for crohns so I wasn't sure. But omg within 9 days of treatment I've never felt so good . I must admit in those 9 days when I never felt anything I thought it wasn't going to work then boom I woke up one day and felt amazing. If you get offered this amazing drug just give it time and it will work wonders"

The lakes (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Stelara has lowered all the inflammatory markers in my bloods to within a normal range. This however doesn't repair damage already done. I am however suffering much less of burning in the joints. The aching is still pretty much the same. I was previously on Embrel and have been on Stelara for only two months so a way to go yet. SO far so good."

Ablast (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I got my first injection almost 4 weeks ago and am amazed! I've suffered since I was 29 and am now 41. I've tried every topical cream/ointment that's out there. Cortisone injections in my hands and feet that thinned my skin out so bad you can see all my veins - even spent almost $10,000 on an in home phototherapy bed with only sporadic relief. I live at the beach during the summer with my kids and this summer I had to wear a dress to my ankles to save embarrassment. After only 4 weeks, my feet are 100% clear except for some redness and my legs are clear with the exception of light pink spots where all of my lesions were. No side effects at all so far. I've never been so happy :)"

Mellybell (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have had psoriatic arthritis for 20 years. Mostly attempting to control the arthritis which at times has been debilitating to say the least. For the first year my skin was clear after the loading doses. I wore shorts and went swimming without fear! And while I'm still very happy with stelara I've noticed it doesn't control my arthritis as well (still manageable) and I have small patches beginning to appear. I'm well under the 200lb weight for the higher dose."

AnnaKumquat (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Ive been fighting psoriasis and arthritis since 2004 tried everything out there the only thing that has worked for me is stelera its amazing !!!"

Kickser (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Hey guys, almost amazing results in 2 months then started getting patches all over my trunk. My professor put me on to 90mgs and its almost all gone again. Someone said they still itch a lot so I would suggest (phenergan 25mgs tablets) take 1 an hour before bed and you'll sleep like a log.The only thing that it hasn't help is the mental health side of the psoriasis so I'm looking at getting help from my Dr. Good luck guys and stay psoriasis free "

squiddy1967 September 12, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I've been battling severe scalp psoriasis for 6 years, as well as the beginning of psoriasis in my genital region. Topicals didn't come close to helping. I was on Otezla for 3 months but the side effects (vomiting, diarrhea, and headaches) were horrible. I tried Humira for 5 months but it didn't reduce the plaques enough. After my first stelara injection, there was a dramatic decrease in my scalp psoriasis, and the few patches on my genital region disappeared completely. After the second injection, my scalp is 80% clear with no itching or burning. The injection itself is pain free, the needle is maybe half an inch. I haven't had any side effects either. Highly recommend, I'm so happy with the results!"

RG15794 September 12, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "46 year old male. Not to be overly dramatic, but I was ready to commit suicide my skin was so bad. My hands looked like I was a fire victim. My elbows and legs burned and bled constantly. My scalp would flake and drop into my eyes and all over my clothes. I was in constant pain, and my relationships were non existent. Flaky skin would drift off of me whatever I did. I was weeks away from having to leave work and go on disability, which would have been the end of the line for me. Depression set in so badly I just wanted to end it all. Then I found a new dermatologist. Everything changed. My first shot of Stelara made a difference. Nine months later, 90% clear. A few trouble spots, but my hands are CLEAR! What a life changer!"

Wezzley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I was given stelara for my severe psoriasis and it completely went away. I was able to concieve a baby, which at that point I decided to stop the injections until after the baby. While I was pregnant I had maybe a few spots show up. Now the baby is 6 months and my psoriasis is back, not as bad but enough to make me want to restart my prescription. While on it I noticed that I was extra tired the day of and the day after receiving the injection as well its not likely I could afford the 5000$ per needle if I didnt have coverage."

mishkack August 10, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have used Stelara now for 8 months. After years of anguish, defeat, pain( physically and mentally) sadness, I feel freed from this terrible curse. My skin/joints looks but mainly FEELS so much better. My quality of life has sky rocketed! Your initial ground work obtaining Doctor appointments, TB testing and establishing the right dosage that is effective for you and receiving assistance helping with cost. Once you get through those things... I guarantee it IS worth it!! DO IT!"

Juliefreed (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 7, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I was 90% covered. Dermatologist took one look at me and put me on Stelara. Within a week, people started remarking that the plaques along my hairline seemed to be fading. After the booster, all but my scalp and back of thighs had cleared, and both of those were greatly diminished. Within six months, the raised red areas where the plaques had been were clear. At one year, all that's left is minor plaques on my scalp that could be mild dandruff. I have noticed that things like bruises and bug bites seem to take a long time to heal, but given the action of the drug that seems to make sense. My insurance covers the majority of the (expensive!) medication, and there is a program that covers the rest so I have no out of pocket expense on it."

Kybeedai (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Stelara is a life saver. I have psoriasis for over 30 years. I have tried creams, PUVA, Vit A meds, Fumiderm, Otezla nothing has worked. My last med Otezla didn't work for me and made things much worse. I had my first Stelara injection on May 7 2016. After about 10 days I could feel an improvement. After 4 weeks there was a dramatic improvement and I was almost clear. It is 9 weeks since my second injection and my life has changed in so many ways for the better thanks to this medicine. There is a slight redness where some of the patches were but the dermatologist assures me these will fade. I have no side affects whatsoever. Thank you for this life changing medicine and for restoring my self esteem after all this time"

FrostyOne July 24, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "What a life changer! I started Stelara 2 months ago. It took about a month for me to start seeing some relief and now at the end of my second month, no more itching, redness, and almost all of the psoriasis is gone. I only wish I had started this sooner! Make sure you check out the patient assistance card that can be used in conjunction with your medical insurance."

CreativemominFL July 22, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I've been on Humira and Enbrel. Hands down those two were the worse experiences of my life. So many side effects. I've tried Methroxate and that was even worse!! Finally, I was introduced to Stelara and I haven't had a flare up for two years now. I work out 5 days a week (weight lifting and cardio) and just have the normal muscle soreness. My joints haven't gotten worse at all. My psoriasis is pretty much all gone. I've had no side effects that I can remember. I haven't gained or lost weight. Long term, not sure how this will affect me but I want the quality of life now and I got it with this shot. most insurances will have you paying $200 but if you get the Stelara card, it goes to a $5 per shot copay! (every three months)."

nebskersfan July 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I am 60 now and had Psoriatic Arthritis (arthritis worse than the psoriasis) since 44yr old, in the UK I first had cortisoids and then methotrexate worked very well indeed for 12y. Finally the methx started to kill my liver. Living in France now and I have used Humira for 28wks – this was some help at first, then arthritis returned. Excellent doctor here not started me on ustekinumab (steleara) – I am at 3.5 weeks and it seems slow to start to be effective. Using Diclofenac to keep mobile until it kicks-in. God bless the French medical system!"

Bazzaclark (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I had 65% coverage of my body with thick plaque psoriasis. PUVA, methaltrexate, every cream in the book....no improvement. Was fortunate enough to join the clinical trials for stelara in 2005, have been injecting 90 mg every 3 months since then. I am 99.9% clear with no flare ups and PA under control. No side effects that I can recognize. To me Stelara is a life changer."

Livershot June 18, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I came down with psoriasis at age 54 and am now 57. It devasted me within 2 months. I lost my finger nails and toe nails. I couldn't walk without help. My hands were useless. I just started with the injections on 2/2/16. Had my 2nd injection on 3/2/16. I've notice some improvement on my left shin area of my leg and my left elbow. Other areas are now pink. My feet are somewhat better but my hands are still bad as I wear examination gloves constantly. I've still have flakes, dryness, itching and bumps as the Stelara hasn't helped "yet" with that. I'm due for my 1st 90 Day shot after these 2 booster shots. I'll see what my Dr. Thinks then on 5/25/16..."

Mr. Timmy D April 19, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have had chronic Psoriasis for 25 years, since I was 9, all over my body, face and hands. I tried Methotrexate when I was 22, and I was finally clear for the first time. I was on this medication for 12 years, with a small break to have my child. Unfortunately it just stopped working, my liver wasn't happy and my Psoriasis was coming back, BAD. My only option was biologic therapy - Humira or Stelara. I had to undergo months of tests to qualify for funding. I finally had my first injection 7 weeks ago, and without exaggeration on the second day I felt my skin changing, relaxing. A week in and it had visably got better, thinner and less angry. Now my skin is 90% clear, just some slight pinkness on my legs. And no side effects! AMAZING!"

Lisamp April 14, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have been on Stelara for almost 3 months. Had the 3rd shot even 1 month earlier than planned. I have psoriasis on my fingers and nails. I think this drug is just overrated. Nothing really happened. Plus the P is coming back on my elbows again after a long recession. I am supposed to take the last 3 shots but I don't think there will be any improvement."

Baknedicem (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis since 1978. I had tried just about everything when my dermatologist suggested I take part in the study for a new drug, eventually called Stalara. It worked about 80% and left only two patches of itchy plaque - It has not increased (or decreased) since then. I went off of it (would not sign the papers to put my information in the cloud) in June of last year (2015). Surprisingly, it has not returned any worse in the 7 months I have been off of the drug. The two patches remain the same and all other body parts remain free of plaque. I'm feeling pretty good about that - I hope it continues."

HIML (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 8, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "At the start, after 2 injections, I was 99.5% cured, then the NHS decided to stop my treatment on the retirement of my Dr , in 5 weeks, the Psoriosis returned, worse than it had ever been, after 8 weeks still no treatment forth coming, my whole body was burning red hot & 75% scaley, had an injection 3 months ago, 99.9% of my body had cleared of Psoriosis in 2 months, I am due my next one next week, the NHS is holding it back again, I am dreading what is going to happen to me & my body if i don't get the next injection."

maktavish March 2, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "This has been great for me. I've struggled with psoriasis for 16 years, then this last year I developed psoriatic arthritis too. I was given Stelara after much struggle with the insurance company. The 45 mg dose helped and did more for my psoriasis than my arthritis but the 90mg dose has changed everything. My hand and my feet are almost completely free of psoriasis and my arthritis is nothing like it was this time last year. Crazy expensive but it has changed my life."

Luluplus2 February 22, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I was on the medication for over 2 years. Went off to get pregnant. My psoriasis has come back 100 percent worse. 2x as bad 2x more spots. I am now covered everywhere it is a disaster."

graciehonalulu12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Hello everyone and warm thanks for all extremely helpful comments! I received my second Stellar injection about one month ago, an phased out the cyclosporine one week ago. The skin is incredibly clear of spots (since 25 years it has not been this good), but as a change, an almost intolerable itching started. a) Would anyone have experience how to calm down the itching? Taking sodium bicarbonate with water seems to help a bit, but I am still scratching in my sleep. I have allergies, and thought that maybe antihistamine could work. Thanks in advance for any hints you may have!"

Itching - any help? (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I am 41, I have had psoriasis since I was 3 and was misdiagnosed from the beginning as anything from warts to cradle cap. I've used Cole tar, all of the lights(including PUVA), steroids, vitamin D, diet, Chinese herbs, acupuncture and methotrexate ( probably more I can't remember). I have never been more clear than I am now. I've had no side effects that I am aware of and couldn't be happier. I was afraid of biologics, but I should have embraced them sooner"

Drumthwackett January 30, 2016