User Reviews for Ustekinumab

Psoriatic Arthritis
6.8

Summary of Ustekinumab reviews 8.1 143 reviews

Reviews for Ustekinumab

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Clear skin!"

cmb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Unbelievable that this can be true! My last escalations were particularly ugly and all over my body. I was getting very depressed as the other treatments did nothing to help. Winter was ending and you can't cover up forever. I have had this heinous disease for 35 years. I am now on this for 9 months (1st shot, booster shot, then 2 more). I am 100% cleared!!!! Beaches, swimming pools, short sleeves!!! I pray it keeps working : )"

glee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I've taken Stelara for over a year and the results were excellent. I am plaque free."

Mack1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "After years of light treatment, Raptiva and Humira, I am 100 percent cleared. I was an absolute mess, bloody sheets and clothes. Raptiva was removed from the market by the US government, Humira helped but only to a point. It cleared up much of the condition but never improved any more. I have been clear of the condition for several years now, but still get an injection every eight weeks. Cost compared to all the other meds is extremely expensive but it really works for me."

Jay (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I took Stelara shots in June and July 2018. I am 64 years old & psoriasis for 13 years. In Hospital end of July with pulmonary embolisms both lungs & blockage. They thought I was going to die. It was not worth trying and I believe that physicians should evaluate better the age and shape the patient is in before prescribing. I take full responsibility for taking the drug but I am not a physician."

MC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Been on Stelara for a year now. Have seen relief of symptoms but meds do not stay in my body. We are now dosing every 4 weeks starting this month. I’m concerned about the long term effects of taking this medicine. Over these past 6 years I have been on 5 different biologics and none have helped me so far."

Lucy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "My psoriasis was so bad. Angry red, layers upon layers of scaling on both legs, elbows, even the groin area sometimes. I've been on so many medications for so many years I've lost count. Stelara is a miracle drug for me. After the first shot, within those first 30 days my scaling was 99.9% GONE!! It's been over a week since the second shot and my skin looks amazing. I can't say enough good things about this medication. I don't have to wear jeans and long sleeves in 90 degrees heat this summer! Thank you so much Stelara!"

Boston65 August 17, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Severe psoriasis for 36 years. Progressed into psoriatic arthritis. 90% of body covered. Stelara has drastically changed the way I feel and look. 85% clear and arthritis has subsided. My quality of life is something I cannot put into words. That disease was ravishing my body, first time in 35 years I feel better mentally and physically. Truly amazing."

Jubeee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I am a psoriasis patient and suffered for 35 years. I purchased the medicine and got complete relief. You may try the same. "

Debdas (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Had a mild case of Psoriasis - just one patch and some dandruff scales. Had Psoriatic arthritis for about two years - morning stiffness, swollen small joints and knee pains - I endured these for almost two years. On Doctor's advice started Stelara. After the started dosage, she also prescribed Remicaid for a few weeks. However, it took almost a week for my Pharmacy to fill Remicaid. Within 3-4 days of taking this medicine, I felt better slightly and stopped my daily Celebrex. And when my Pharmacy called me to pick-up Remicaid, I said I don't need it! Within two weeks I could feel better enough to stop Celebrex. I took my second shot about 6 weeks ago. At this point my joint pains are 90% gone. I am almost back to normal. I am able to wear my wedding ring that I removed before finger stared swelling. I am back to going to Gym - build my muscles back up. Life is good! Bobby"

Bobby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Amazing drug that has put my Crohn's into remission! Humira, Remicade, Cimzia, Entyvio, 6mp, Lialda, all failed to work for any period of time. I have Fistulizing Crohn's and had 3 feet of resection 2 years ago. Two years on Stelara and I have my life back. I also changed my diet to the Mediteranean, avoiding simple sugars and eating only healthy food. Changing the gut microbiome along with finding the right medicine is key to controlling Crohn's. Much research now is pointing to the role of healthy gut microbiota. Stelara is so simple to inject with it's tiny syringe! Lower risk of serious side effects than other medicines in it's class! Amazing!"

Nicole (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 14, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Tried Humira over 9 months, bad reactions, nausea, weakness. No positive results. Then tried Otezla, again no positive results, bad headaches a side effect. On Stelara I have very positive results; scaling gone, itching gone, red patches gone, all in less than 4 months."

Dave L (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "After 41 yrs of Crohn's & being non responsive to all treatments, including biologics, I've been on Stelara now for 16 weeks, & I'm starting to see a real difference !! I was reluctant to believe that it would work but, I'm ecstatic that something may actually turn things around for me. Best yet, NO Side Effects !! "

LynnSanta (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I was the first person in Oregon to try Stelara as soon as it was available. I had tried everything - creams, light treatments, infusions, shots - you name it. I have been the poster child for this drug. It cleared up right away and I've been psoriasis free for years. I don't know how long it's supposed to work for, so I hope it's forever. At first I was on the assistance program plus insurance, but once I got Medicare I was kicked off. However I am lucky enough to have great secondary insurance now that covers all but $50."

Pdxuser (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Humira worked great for my psoriatic arthritis. Unfortunately my new insurance didn’t cover the dosages. Stelara is ok helps with psoriasis still have pain. Skin is very dry. I will continue treatment hope it works better. But I doubt it will."

Jonah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I just lost my best friend to Stelara, yes it cleared her psoriasis up but she got severe lung problems last year and was put in ICU in Feb 2108 and then started having strokes 5 wks ago. We lost her Saturday night. She started seeing different symptoms a year ago. I told her and she said oh no its not the shot. I think it was - this stuff is poison"

Mal (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 22, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I've had spots of psoriasis since my early twenties - mostly limited to my elbows and a couple spots here and there on my legs. However, I got a strep infection in February and got an outrageous covering of guttate psoriasis. Nothing would help - I went through 3 bottles of different topicals, went to the tanning beds with little to no difference. I was on antibiotics to make sure the strep was gone and my stomach was unhappy about it. Finally got my first shot of Stelara last week. I have limited insurance so I was grateful for the assistance program. Within a couple of days the spots seem less angry - less pain, itching and not as bright red. The patches are still there, but appear to be fading. I'm praying the progress continues!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I have used Stelara since 2015 and I have 100 per cent clearing! As an actor, I am very concerned about the breakout or even before they happen ,but Stelara has been very effective in controlling the plaques and I am still amazed at its efficacy on me. I have been trying to take longer interval between shots , I had a dose 3rd week in Dec '17 and the next one on April 2018 and this has been the longest interval I have taken. What I have observed within a week (and goes away) after injecting myself with a dose, I feel slightly fatigued, but it it doesn't stop me from going to the gym working out or mountain biking that week. I'm just thankful that my insurance covers the cost of this expensive drug, but its worth every drop. I was diagnosed with moderate psoriasis before using Stelara and have used the PUVA, creams, shampoos, salicylic acid. PUVA was horrible, as that psoralen would give me a nauseous feeling like a freight train just hit me, but the the booth gave me a great tan."

ECG (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: "I’ve been on stelara for 8 weeks now. Had the second shot yesterday. The shots don’t hurt. The effectiveness it’s hard to say. I have the occasional solid BM but still have diarrhea and gas. For you guys and girls that have taken it. Especially for the older gentleman that has taken it. How long before you noticed major improvements. I do not want to keep taking stuff that has little or no effect. Patrick."

Patrick65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I have Crohn's Disease and tried three different medications and broke out with Psoriasis from head to toe. Lost my hair and the ability to walk faster than a snail because my feet swelled up. Since Stelara, I have lost over 60 lbs, Psoriasis completely cleared, hair growing back. I exercise at least 3-4 times a week and feel wonderful. I think Stelara helped my digestive system and now everything is working. Biggest problem with Stelara is, now I have to get a new wardrobe."

Vicki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "My psoriasis has been around for 35 years. I kept it under control with a UVB light rack I installed at home. 6 months ago, it started raging....all over and bright red! I was at a loss, so I tried the Stelara. I have been on it for 4 weeks, and the change is dramatic. I only show signs of some scaling, but no redness anywhere! I did catch a serious cold 2 weeks in -any connection?? I am VERY pleased so far."

glee (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "It cleared psoriasis, last resort treatment. Now two years in- only problem started having symptoms of atrial fibrillation (AF) ? Is it stelara ? or age,(50) mother has AF."

louise (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "Ive had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 April 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Psoriasis: "I've had psoriasis since I was 6 and I'm 61 now. My Dr has given the go ahead for me to start Stelara and it's taken me awhile to get brave enough to go for the new drug. I've had severe reactions to other drugs in the past and it scares me that I'll have a bad reaction to this one too and this has made me stall. However the psoriasis has taken a major flare up (as it does at times) over the last few weeks so I've decided to brave it and go for it. Hopefully I'll get my 1st shot on Monday next. Just want to say thank you to all who wrote reviews here. It really makes me more confident about taking the drug. I am so excited that I may finally get relief from this awful disease."

Annie 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

Stelara (ustekinumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Have been on Stelera one year and it has worked great. No more Crohns symptoms. Humira did nothing for me"

Jane (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018