Anaflex Side Effects
Generic Name: salsalate
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 21, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about salsalate. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Anaflex.
For the Consumer
Applies to salsalate: oral tablets
- Possible increased risk of serious (sometimes fatal) cardiovascular thrombotic events (e.g., MI, stroke).b Risk may increase with duration of use.b Individuals with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at increased risk.b (See Cardiovascular Effects under Cautions.)
- Contraindicated for the treatment of pain in the setting of CABG surgery.b
- Increased risk of serious (sometimes fatal) GI events (e.g., bleeding, ulceration, perforation of the stomach or intestine).b Serious GI events can occur at any time and may not be preceded by warning signs and symptoms.b Geriatric individuals are at greater risk for serious GI events.b (See GI Effects under Cautions.)
Side effects include:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to salsalate: oral capsule, oral tablet
The most frequently reported side effects were usually reversible and included tinnitus, nausea, hearing impairment, rash, and vertigo.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hepatic function abnormal, hepatitis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Nephritis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Bronchospasm[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Tinnitus, hearing impaired, vertigo, creatinine clearance decreased[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Salsalate (salsalate)." Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Glasgow, KY.
2. "Product Information. Disalcid (salsalate)." 3M Pharmaceuticals, St. Paul, MN.
3. Phillips BB, Joss JD, Mulhausen PL "Blood pressure elevation in a patient treated with salsalate." Ann Pharmacother 36 (2002): 624-7
More about Anaflex (salsalate)
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.