Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy & Congestion Side Effects
Generic name: fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 3, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy & Congestion.
Applies to fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine: oral tablet extended release, oral tablet extended release 24 hr.
Serious side effects
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine:
- Trouble in sleeping
Incidence not known
- Difficult or labored breathing
- difficulty swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- feeling of warmth
- hives or welts
- itching skin
- itching, puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips or tongue
- large, hive-like swelling on face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, sex organs
- reddening of the skin, especially around ears
- redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest
- shortness of breath
- skin rash
- tightness in chest
- swelling of eyes, face, or inside of nose
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Other side effects
Some side effects of fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Terrifying dreams causing sleep disturbances
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine: oral tablet extended release.
Common (1% to 10%): Headache, drowsiness, dizziness
Common (1% to 10%): Nausea[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Fatigue[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Paranoia[Ref]
More about Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy & Congestion (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine)
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.