DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE by CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 20, 2020.
Dosage form: capsule
Ingredients: DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 25mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
NDC Code: 69842-825
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Active ingredient (in each banded capsule)
Diphenhydramine HCI 25 mg.
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold:
- runny nose
- to make a child sleepy
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- take every 4 to 6 hours
- do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours
adults and children 12 years of age and over
1 to 2 capsules
children 6 to under 12 years of age
children under 6 years of age
do not use this product in children under 6 years of age
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- protect from moisture
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
D&C red #28, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, gelatin, lactose and starch
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING OR IF RED BAND AROUND CAPSULE IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
RETAIN CARTON FOR COMPLETE PRODUCT INFORMATION
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., owner of the registered trademark Benadryl®.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2018 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
diphenhydramine hydrochloride capsule
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (062312574)|
More about diphenhydramine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 342 Reviews
- Drug class: anticholinergic antiemetics
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Diphenhydramine (Sleep Aid) Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Diphenhydramine Capsules and Tablets
- Diphenhydramine (Sleep Aid) Capsules and Tablets
- Diphenhydramine Chewable Tablets and Orally-Disintegrating Tablets
- ... +5 more