Can I drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 18, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
There is no interaction between alcohol and amoxicillin, so it should do no harm.
In general, drinking any amount of alcohol while fighting an infection may not be wise, as it can lead to dehydration, interrupt normal sleep, and may hinder the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
You can read more about antibiotics & alcohol here:
Related Medical Questions
- Can penicillin treat chlamydia?
- What is the normal daily dose of 500mg amoxicillin capsules for chest infections?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- What is the recommended dosage of amoxicillin for a 14 year old child?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Side effects - can you safely consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin clavulanate?
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Amoxicillin (303 questions, 276 members)