What is the recommended dosage of amoxicillin for a 14 year old child?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 22, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
The recommended dose of amoxicillin is:
For oral dosage forms (capsules, oral suspension, tablets, and chewable tablets):
Adults, teenagers, and children weighing more than 40 kilograms (kg) (88 pounds) — 250milligrams (mg) to 500 mg every eight hours or 500 mg to 875 mg every twelve hours, depending on the type and severity of the infection.
However it is important to follow your prescribing directions.
For more information see:
Related Medical Questions
- Can penicillin treat chlamydia?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- What is the normal daily dose of 500mg amoxicillin capsules for chest infections?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Side effects - can you safely consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin clavulanate?
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Amoxicillin (304 questions, 277 members)