Side effects - can you safely consume alcohol while taking amoxicillin clavulanate?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 22, 2020.
There are no known interactions listed between alcohol and amoxicillin-clavulanate. If drinking alcohol it is always recommended to drink in moderation. However, if you have an infection, it is probably a good idea to avoid alcohol to give your body the best chance possible to fight the infection.
You can read more about antibiotics & alcohol here:
Related Medical Questions
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- Does amoxicillin expire? Is it safe to take after expiration?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- What's the difference between amoxicillin and penicillin?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- If people are allergic to amoxicillin can they take cephalexin?