Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 3 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa) which include:
hydroCHLOROthiazide Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
HydroCHLOROthiazide and ethanol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
methyldopa multivitamins with minerals
Moderate Drug Interaction
Methyldopa and multivitamin with minerals should not be taken orally at the same time. Products that contain iron may interfere with the absorption of methyldopa and reduce its effectiveness. You should separate the dosing of these medications by as much as possible. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Cholesterol (Hyperlipoproteinemia, Hypertriglyceridemia, Sitosterolemia)
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
thiazides - hyperlipidemia
Thiazide diuretics may increase serum triglyceride and cholesterol levels, primarily LDL and VLDL. Whether these effects are dose-related and sustained during chronic therapy are unknown. Patients with preexisting hyperlipidemia may require closer monitoring during thiazide therapy, and adjustments made accordingly in their lipid-lowering regimen
- Ames RP "A comparison of blood lipid and blood pressure responses during the treatment of systemic hypertension with indapamide and with thiazides." Am J Cardiol 77 (1996): b12-6
- "Product Information. Lozol (indapamide)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- Ames RP, Hill P "Increase in serum-lipids during treatment of hypertension with chlorthalidone." Lancet 1 (1976): 721-3
- Smith WM "Diuretics and cholesterol elevation." JAMA 242 (1979): 1612
- "Product Information. Diuril (chlorothiazide)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Enduron (methyclothiazide)." Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- "Product Information. Thalitone (chlorthalidone)." Monarch Pharmaceuticals Inc, Bristol, TN.
- Kasiske BL, Ma JZ, Kalil RS, Louis TA "Effects of antihypertensive therapy on serum lipids." Ann Intern Med 122 (1995): 133-41
- Luther RR, Glassman HN, Estep CB, Maurath CJ, Jordan DC "The effects of terazosin and methyclothiazide on blood pressure and serum lipids." Am Heart J 117 (1989): 842-7
- "Product Information. Renese-R (reserpine-polythiazide)." Pfizer US Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Zaroxolyn (metolazone)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- "Product Information. Diucardin (hydroflumethiazide)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. HydroDIURIL (hydrochlorothiazide)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Metahydrin (trichlormethiazide)." Hoechst Marion-Roussel Inc, Kansas City, MO.
- Fager G, Berglund G, Bondjers G, Elmfeldt D, Lager I, Olofsson SO, Smith U, Wiklund O "Effects of anti-hypertensive therapy on serum lipoproteins. Treatment with metoprolol, propranolol and hydrochlorothiazide." Artery 11 (1983): 283-96
Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa) drug interactions
There are 507 drug interactions with Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa)
Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa) disease interactions
There are 19 disease interactions with Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa) which include:
- liver disease
- electrolyte losses
- liver disease
- lupus erythematosus
- renal function disorders
- cerebrovascular disease
- hemolytic anemia
- peripheral edema
- thyroid function tests
More about Aldoril D30 (hydrochlorothiazide / methyldopa)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: antiadrenergic agents (central) with thiazides
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|