Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 20, 2023.
- The recommended dose of ZETIA is 10 mg orally once daily, administered with or without food.
- If as dose is missed, take the missed dose as soon as possible. Do not double the next dose.
- Assess LDL-C when clinically appropriate, as early as 4 weeks after initiating ZETIA.
- In patients taking a bile acid sequestrant, administer ZETIA at least 2 hours before or 4 hours after the bile acid sequestrant [see Drug Interactions (7)].
Frequently asked questions
- Is it a statin drug/medication?
- Does Zetia (ezetimibe) cause memory loss?
- Is this better than a statin?
- Can Zetia (ezetimibe) cause liver damage?
- Does it affect blood pressure?
- How does it work to lower cholesterol?
- Can it cause weight gain or loss?
- What happens if you stop taking it?
- When should you take it?
More about Zetia (ezetimibe)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (72)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- Support group
- Drug class: cholesterol absorption inhibitors
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.