Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 30, 2021.
Generic name: MELOXICAM 5mg
Dosage form: capsule
Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals [see Warnings and Precautions (5)].
For management of osteoarthritis pain, the recommended starting dosage is 5 mg orally once daily. Dose may be increased to 10 mg in patients who require additional analgesia. The maximum recommended daily oral dose of VIVLODEX is 10 mg.
Non-Interchangeability with Other Formulations of Meloxicam
VIVLODEX capsules have not shown equivalent systemic exposure to other formulations of oral meloxicam. Therefore, VIVLODEX capsules are not interchangeable with other formulations of oral meloxicam even if the total milligram strength is the same. Do not substitute similar dose strengths of other meloxicam products [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Frequently asked questions
- Meloxicam vs Ibuprofen, what's the difference?
- Which painkiller should you use?
- Can I take Meloxicam and Aleve or Tylenol together?
- How long do I wait after taking 400 mg ibuprofen to take 15 mg of meloxicam?
- Is meloxicam very similar to Celebrex?
- Can meloxicam cause drowsiness and headache?
- Is meloxicam a narcotic?
- Is meloxicam helpful in gout treatment?
- Is meloxicam a sulfa drug?
More about Vivlodex (meloxicam)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Latest FDA Alerts (5)
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.