Soliqua 100/33 Dosage
Generic name: insulin glargine 100U in 1mL, lixisenatide 33ug in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Important Dosage Information
The following are important dosing information for SOLIQUA 100/33, a combination of insulin glargine and lixisenatide:
- Discontinue therapy with lixisenatide or basal insulin prior to initiation of SOLIQUA 100/33.
- In patients inadequately controlled on less than 30 units of basal insulin or on lixisenatide, the recommended starting dosage of SOLIQUA 100/33 is 15 units (15 units insulin glargine/5 mcg lixisenatide) given subcutaneously once daily.
- In patients inadequately controlled on 30 to 60 units of basal insulin, the recommended starting dosage of SOLIQUA 100/33 is 30 units (30 units insulin glargine/10 mcg lixisenatide) given subcutaneously once daily.
- Administer SOLIQUA 100/33 subcutaneously once a day within the hour prior to the first meal of the day.
- The maximum dosage of SOLIQUA 100/33 is 60 units (60 units insulin glargine/20 mcg lixisenatide) [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5)].
- The SOLIQUA 100/33 Pen delivers doses from 15 to 60 units in a single injection (see Table 1) [see Dosage and Administration (2.2)].
- Use alternative antidiabetic products if patients require a SOLIQUA 100/33 daily dosage:
- below 15 units, or
- over 60 units
Table 1 presents the units insulin glargine and the micrograms of lixisenatide in each dosage of SOLIQUA 100/33.
(dose window display)*
|Insulin glargine component dose||Lixisenatide component dose||Comment|
|2||---||---||Safety test dose – not for injection|
|15||15 units||5 mcg||Recommended starting dosage for patients previously treated with lixisenatide or less than 30 units of basal insulin|
|16||16 units||5.3 mcg|
|17||17 units||5.7 mcg|
|18||18 units||6 mcg|
|19||19 units||6.3 mcg|
|20||20 units||6.7 mcg|
|21||21 units||7 mcg|
|22||22 units||7.3 mcg|
|23||23 units||7.7 mcg|
|24||24 units||8 mcg|
|25||25 units||8.3 mcg|
|26||26 units||8.7 mcg|
|27||27 units||9 mcg|
|28||28 units||9.3 mcg|
|29||29 units||9.7 mcg|
|30||30 units||10 mcg||Recommended starting dosage for patients previously treated with 30 to 60 units of basal insulin|
|31||31 units||10.3 mcg|
|32||32 units||10.7 mcg|
|33||33 units||11 mcg|
|34||34 units||11.3 mcg|
|35||35 units||11.7 mcg|
|36||36 units||12 mcg|
|37||37 units||12.3 mcg|
|38||38 units||12.7 mcg|
|39||39 units||13 mcg|
|40||40 units||13.3 mcg|
|41||41 units||13.7 mcg|
|42||42 units||14 mcg|
|43||43 units||14.3 mcg|
|44||44 units||14.7 mcg|
|45||45 units||15 mcg|
|46||46 units||15.3 mcg|
|47||47 units||15.7 mcg|
|48||48 units||16 mcg|
|49||49 units||16.3 mcg|
|50||50 units||16.7 mcg|
|51||51 units||17 mcg|
|52||52 units||17.3 mcg|
|53||53 units||17.7 mcg|
|54||54 units||18 mcg|
|55||55 units||18.3 mcg|
|56||56 units||18.7 mcg|
|57||57 units||19 mcg|
|58||58 units||19.3 mcg|
|59||59 units||19.7 mcg|
|60||60 units||20 mcg||Maximum daily dosage [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5)]|
Titration of SOLIQUA 100/33
- After starting with the recommended dosage of SOLIQUA 100/33, based upon prior insulin dose or lixisenatide use [see Dosage and Administration 2.1], titrate the dosage upwards or downwards by two to four units (see Table 2) every week based on the patient's metabolic needs, blood glucose monitoring results, and glycemic control goal until the desired fasting plasma glucose is achieved. The dosage of SOLIQUA 100/33 is between 15 to 60 units (see Table 1).
- To minimize the risk of hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, additional titration may be needed with changes in physical activity, meal patterns (i.e., macronutrient content or timing of food intake), or renal or hepatic function; during acute illness; or when used with other medications [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4) and Drug Interactions (7)].
|Self-Monitored Fasting Plasma Glucose||SOLIQUA 100/33 Dosage Adjustment|
|Above target range||+2 units (2 units of insulin glargine and 0.66 mcg of lixisenatide) to +4 units (4 units insulin glargine and 1.32 mcg lixisenatide)|
|Within target range||0 units|
|Below target range||-2 units (2 units of insulin glargine and 0.66 mcg of lixisenatide) to -4 units (4 units of insulin glargine and 1.32 mcg lixisenatide)|
Instruct patients who miss a dose of SOLIQUA 100/33 to resume the once-daily regimen as prescribed with the next scheduled dose. Do not administer an extra dose or increase the dose to make up for the missed dose.
Important Administration Instructions
- The SOLIQUA 100/33 prefilled pen is for single-patient use only [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3)].
- Train patients on proper use and injection technique before initiating SOLIQUA 100/33.
- Always check the SOLIQUA 100/33 label before administration [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5)]
- Visually inspect for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. Only use SOLIQUA 100/33 if the solution is clear and colorless to almost colorless.
- Inject SOLIQUA 100/33 subcutaneously into the abdominal area, thigh, or upper arm.
- Rotate injection sites within the same region from one injection to the next to reduce the risk of lipodystrophy [see Adverse Reactions (6.1)].
- Do not administer intravenously, intramuscularly, or via an insulin pump.
- Do not dilute or mix SOLIQUA 100/33 with any other insulin or solution.
- Do not split the dose of SOLIQUA 100/33.
More about Soliqua (insulin glargine / lixisenatide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidiabetic combinations