Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 22, 2022.
Important Dosing Information
• ROBINUL FORTE is not recommended for patients in whom a lower dosage strength of oral glycopyrrolate (e.g., ROBINUL or another 1 mg tablet strength) is appropriate for initial or maintenance treatment because the dosage strength of ROBINUL FORTE may exceed the recommended initial and maintenance dosage of oral glycopyrrolate tablets.
• The recommended initial dosage of ROBINUL for adults is 1 mg three times daily (in the morning, early afternoon, and at bedtime). Some patients may require 2 mg at bedtime to assure overnight control of symptoms. For maintenance, a dosage of 1 mg twice a day is frequently adequate.
• The recommended dosage of ROBINUL FORTE for adults is 2 mg two or three times daily at equally spaced intervals.
• The maximum recommended daily dosage of glycopyrrolate is 8 mg.
• Use the lowest effective dosage of glycopyrrolate to control symptoms. If patients can be titrated to a lower dose, switch from ROBINUL FORTE to ROBINUL or another 1 mg oral tablet of glycopyrrolate.
More about Robinul (glycopyrrolate)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.