User Reviews for Duragesic

Learn more about Duragesic.

Chronic Pain 27 reviews 108 medications

8.4
Pain 40 reviews 1123 medications

8.3
Summary of Duragesic reviews 67 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Duragesic

For Chronic Pain "Very helpful. Able to function with pain and hold down same highly demanding, professional managerial job. Couldn't do without duragesic on multiple jobs prior to using this."

kelliekg2112 (taken for 10 years or more) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Fentynal patch was more effective than MS Contin (three 30mg pills daily). Doctor started me at 12, and I am now on 25. I'm sure in a few months I will be at 50 and by this time next year, 100mcg's. That's what sucks about pain meds - you get tolerant of it over time, but so far so good. Patch is so small and tiny! I thought pouch was empty the first time I opened it! I was expecting a larger, white or flesh colored patch."

painlevel11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "The time release system seems to be different with everyone cutting the patch into 16 strips allows one to better control this drug to there own need.Naturally a Dr. Can't tell you this but will agree if they know you well and trust you opinion."

Gentel May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Constipation & sedation...but great pain relief"

Bluerabbitrose12345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have used several types of pain medication. I used fentanyl and was able to work for 5 extra years. The only problem that I had was my body absorbed it within 48 hours. My doctor didn't just increase the dosage he has me changing every 48 hours."

Mr.Ed (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have been on all different meds for CRPS that I got from a work related injury 16 years ago. Tried just about all the extended release options available but they caused intolerable side effects. Even tried neurontin but only got side effects. This drug changed my life. I could function because the pain was tolerable for the first time in years. I do not know what I will do if it is ever unavailable to me. I still need something for break through pain but I can live an almost functional life now. I am at 125 mcg. every 48 hours. I found that 72 hours was too long between changes as the pain was intolerable on the 3rd day."

braveheart1980 January 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Been taking This medication for over 13 years responsibly!!! It has helped tremendously to control my pain but not without side effects of not being able to sleep well ever and constant sweating 24/7. Much safer to use than oral meds and no stomach problems."

Pain in the back (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Does extremely well with controlling chronic pain, but is also extremely addictive, and can even lead to abuse, especially in those predisposed to addiction."

Mudguppy (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have found that at least one out of each box of 5 has little or no medication on it. This has put me back in horrible pain and dangerous withdrawal symptoms..I was given the 25 mcg/ change every 72 hrs to take the place of my deactivated morphine pump that malfunctioned (overdosed & under dosed)..Diagnosis: severe scoliosis,degenerative disk,etc."

EnuffsEnuff (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been all the way up to 150-200 mg with 30 mg breakthru. I really had a life then but wasn't really "there". I couldn't find any doctor in my area to presribe fentenyl so all I got was 15mg oxycodone and that's it. I have a 30 degree curve in back, left hip damage, Crohn's disease and now colon cancer. I'm back on them but only at 50 mg every 72 hours. It's a joke. The DEA here is cruel to people that truly need it. Tolerance included, I don't absorb oral meds but do receive very few 15's for break thru. I am waiting for a pain pump once my colon is removed but can I make it? I'm angry, depressed and want to just sleep without screaming."

bloxham (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "It saved my life! I can not, despite trying, take oral long acting narcotics. The biggest issue is the perception and doctors reaction, including pain management professionals to this medication. Yes, you develop dependence. Addiction is different. It is when you abuse your medication and continue to do so despite negative problems coming from that. The two words are NOT interchangeable. I am on 112 mcg/hour and change every 48 hours rather than the normal 72 hour dosing. It has allowed me to do the things I need to do in my life. I was virtually bedridden before going on Duragesic. It cover my pain for the most part, unless I am doing things physically that make the pain flare into a breakthrough. I take Morphine 30mg for BT pain."

Sasha M. (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I had a bad injury to my neck and back due to a head on collision with a double decker bus for years I was in severe pain I was on gabapentin-morphine then along came fentanyl patches I started on 25 over 72 hours then 50, then 125 over 48 hours I could not believe the difference just a dull ache I could put up with the hot and cold flushes and slow running heart"

young finn 67 (taken for 10 years or more) September 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "They have been good and bad for myself, mostly good, I was in a accident the messed up my back and surgery hasn't been an option at this point. I started out probably like everyone taking in way to many vicoden to percocet to oxytocin it got to be a fistful of pills everyday. Made me feel like a junkie. I can honestly say I would probably be dead if weren't for the patches. I change them every 48 hours and I've been on the same dose for about 8 years. My biggest worry/complaint is that I'm physically dependant on them and Vivid dreaming it's kinda freaky and being sleepy sometimes but the pain is tolerable. I'm on the PAP program (patient assistiance program) for low income so doesn't cost anything. They are very expensive"

Bossplayer211 (taken for 10 years or more) June 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "powerful narcotic good pain relief"

Edlove (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Although the 12mcg/hour patch did help with my pain it did not offer the relief I thought it might for 72 hours which is the life of a single patch. I still had pain, just not as severe. Then I broke out in a rash on chest, arms, thighs and back. Along with the rash a rise in blood pressure which had previously been well within acceptable range for my age of 62. I was placed on a blood pressure medication but have not seen a satisfactory drop in numbers. After finding information that 1 person in 10 will experience either very high blood pressure or very low blood pressure and given my history of hypersensitivity to drugs, I am thinking that I have no other alternative than to get off the fentanyl patch."

Bev. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I broke my neck 2years ago 3 neck surgery's. 4th coming. This patch has been the only medicine that relieves pain. United Health will not cover it after December 31 2014."

billkparrot December 14, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "In 7 yrs of going through every painkiller known to man my pain management doc finally found a combination that works very well for me and gave back some of my life. My combination is Fentanyl 25 and Norco 10/325 for breakthrough pain. I have practically no side effects and does very well at managing my pain 24/7. I can function up to 4 hrs before the pain levels start to rise and have to stop. My issues are severe lower back pain from degenerative and bulging disks L 3-6. Both hips broken and severe osteoarthritis, same for right knee. My right Achilles tendon was torn up by a dog resulting in every infection including MRSA and Cellulitis. Multiple surgery's and 18 months to close. Now very painful and always a burning pain. This combination knocks out 90%."

Decoy Lab. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I've had the 75 mcg/hr patch on for 1 week with the pain level still the same as before using. I hope I'll be able to go to the 100mcg with better pain relief than the 75. Thank you!"

Yohav (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Very helpful, but feel antst at times."

mari jane May 25, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Helped ok but had a lot of breakthrougg pain."

klassiebutterfly45 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Have been taking Duragesic for 10 years. It works great, I use a coupon that covers up to $50. out of pocket, my insurance copay is $35 therefore I pay noting for name brand. The generic does not work as effective as name."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "It's alright for chronic pain."

dudley59 November 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have had several surgeries to rebuild my shoulder muscles and have had one tendon reattached to the bone and covered with a plate as well as arthritis in my spine. The pain is unbearable at times and sometime I can't even walk. I was taking the extended release Oxycontin and norco for break-thru pain which didn't help much. They seemed to last a few hours and that was that. Even then I didn't do much because of pain. My doctor had me try the 75mcg patch for 72 hours and I was amazed. I can wake up in the morning and almost jump out of bed. We have changed to a patch every 48 hours as on the 3rd day it didn't seem to work. But now depending on what I do during the day I am virtually pain free.Highly recommend, get ur life back"

Jessnco (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have had positive experience with the patch, I also have to say that the patch has helped my neuropathy pain in feet and hands and that I have to say it has helped my restless leg syndrome. I have had more comfort with the patch with all three conditions. The maker of the patch should look into using it for neuropathy and restless legs syndrome also. I have tried other medications but the patch has helped my pain relief and relief of other conditions."

LisaFabe October 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease and osteoarthritis last year, not so bad if you're 75 but I'm 26. I've had symptoms of this since about 14 or 15. After 10 years my doctor finally believed me and accepted the fact that I was in real pain (this is finally after 2 well known orthopedic surgeons discussed their diagnoses with him). He gave me Norco 7.5's, which didn't do much but introduce my liver to a lot of acetaminophen. He then added fentanyl 50mcg/hr patch 1 every 72 hrs."

John0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013