User Reviews for Stadol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Stadol.

Pain

Labor Pain
6.9

Summary of Stadol reviews 7.5 39 reviews

Reviews for Stadol

For Pain "I was given stadol for a burned foot. within 30 minutes I could not control any part of my body. I was limp all over and drooling. The next morning I was having terrible thoughts and felt drugged out. Horrible experience... I never want that drug again.."

Anonymous November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Don't use this if you have an addictive personality...almost killed me"

Tlgoad45 (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "I was given STADOL because I was at 3 cm for so long, yet my contractions were getting unbearable (can't get the epidural until 4 cm). The nurse told me, it works for some people and not for others. I am assuming it either takes the pain away or it doesn't. Well, it literally made me INSTANTLY start sweating, and my eyes were rolling in the back of my head. However, no pain relief. I got extremely restless and an intense feeling of confusion and dysphoria. I was so unprepared for that feeling, it's horrible. Being in a hospital, in labor, confused, restless, still feeling everything. I researched it when I got home and apparently, only somewhere around 1% experience this. Just pray you're the lucky 99%."

Heather W. July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "I am literally on this medication right now. I got a dose through my IV and yes at first it was intense and made me very loopy and hot. But now I am just must more relaxed. This is my fourth baby. I'm not quite full term so they used this to see if I could relax enough for contractions to stop. They haven't and I can still feel them but it's much more bearable now. I didn't have this with any of my other deliveries just the epi. Everyone reacts differently to different medicine and doses, so I don't think that basing what is right for you off of other people's experiences is a good idea."

Alli16223 June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "I was given stadol via IV while in labor with my eldest child. I don't know what dose but I did go unconscious for what I think was a few seconds. I just remember waking up gasping for air as about 6 nurses rushed into the room. They were trying to get me to breathe and checking my vitals. Not sure if I flatlined but I did have to remember to breathe, which wasn't fun. I remember feeling really high and happy after giving birth but it took me a long time to come down from it. I had my two younger children without meds and felt much better and aware of my surroundings. The stadol did help with pain but I'll never forget how hard it was too breather when you have to consciously make an effort to do it."

Ariluv83 June 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My husband suffered from migraine headaches throughout his life. He was prescribed Stadol ns. His migraines became more constant as his body craved Stadol. He was going through 5 bottles a week and had a callous on his palm from using it. This was back in 1996-1998. He went through rehab. It did stop his migraine, just to bring them back stronger and more often. PLEASE ASK YOUR FAMILY IF YOUR PERSONALITY IS CHANGING. Please listen to them."

SW4741 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have had very bad migraines for years when a neurologist prescribed the stadol ns and for the first time in years I had relief. Then without warning they cut the amount I was allowed to have in half. So I have a good week followed by a bad week. I guess its against the law to feel pain free all the time."

billietex March 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was having serial migraines and ALL other types of headaches for many years after a bad car accident. They got so bad I'd start screaming from pain. In emergency room a wonderful doctor gave me stadol nasal spray. In less than ten minutes, my pain was under control, I had an appetite, could move around or rest as needed. The worst side effects were an awful aftertaste and snacking. I refrained from driving, but the screaming headaches would have done that to me anyway. God bless the doc that took a chance that I wasn't just another addict. Thanks to him I did not kill myself in despair; it gave me a chance to find a decent pain doc, get blocked nerves, botoxed tmj, dropped stadol, no addiction!!"

Amykatie (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I went to the ER with aneurysm symptoms and was administered Stadol Via IV. The nurse explained that it would make me sleepy and help with the pain in my head. Immediately I felt a little sleepy followed by nauseous and very warm all over. Within a few minutes I started to feel VERY uncomfortable in my own skin. I felt as if I had a horrible hangover or something. As I fell asleep I began having horrible nightmares. This experience was the first time I've been given the drug to my knowledge. Overall it made me feel kind of panicked and frightened. I hopefully will never be given this medication again."

ScaredyCat13 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I hace severe migraines and trigenimal neuralgia. When I am in pain, there is nothing that has ever helped other than demerol in a shot form. I was prescribed Stadol to try bc for some reason they call demerol a dirty drug and wont hardly prescribe it. (Aren't all pain drugs dirty?) but i used stadol the first time and it didnt take all of the pain away, but made me extremely irritable & grouchy. My mood was fine & normal before that. I had to use again later that month. Same thing, doesn't take all the pain away & extreme irritability, grouchy, horrible mood. When it leaves my system, I am back to normal. Am I the only one it does that to? I cant take morphines or triptans. Not sure wht to do now."

Gran3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Omg I was given Stadol in my arm where my IV was to start. I went to ER for throwing up and throat burning and right side of my throat was closing up like swollen and on fire. They took blood, a pee test and came back with zofran in my IV and had me drink this Cocktail stuff that had lidocaine in it. Made my throat burn worse. I think they gave me WAY too much of Stadol. Weirdest feeling ever!!! Felt like I was flipping backwards, my body was being pulled forcing my whole body and brain n eyes. Felt so panicky, freaked out, the worst drunk feeling ever. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Coming down from that scary high. Still can't stand up by myself. Do not take it. I would rather have the pain than have to take this again"

Daisybean (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "I was prescribed this when I was having preterm labor contractions. They said it would help me relax and sleep and let my body calm down enough for the contractions to stop on their own. Well... The contractions stopped but not until after I tried to convince my husband I was a stegosaurus. I don't remember much, but I do remember feeling very dizzy and nauseous until I eventually passed out. It's not something I will take again, but it did do its job of pain relief."

Samski0206 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have migraines really bad, my neurologist prescirbed Stadol as a last resort medication. So far it has not worked. Just made me nauseated and gave me a head rush. It's very discouraging to read the comments about ER's thinking migraine sufferers are drug seeking people. It's sad that we get no attention or help. I would rather suffer than go to the ER and be put in a group that I'm not in. Good luck to all of us :)"

Kittenface (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "I was admitted into the hospital at 31 weeks for almost 3 weeks for preeclampsia and PIH. I would get terrible migraines and was so uncomfortable from constantly being in bed and switching from my left side to right side. I was given Stadol through IV and let me say it is amazing! When given intravenously, it works within seconds. I got really dizzy and felt like I was floating. I wasn't in pain anymore and slept like a baby. this medicine is great for pain, I don't think I would've made it through my hospital stay without it!"

Brandyb123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "I was given stadol during induced labor, it was miraculous, however after 20 hrs, I was still not dilating. I was given an epidural and began hr long labor, stadol in conjunction with epidural, I finally was able to have child w/o surgical intervention. Was also given stadol post hysterectomy, via IM injections. Only drug that helped pain for both."

mk0211 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "All I can say is that stadol is AMAZING! I felt like I was floating on clouds and when the pain did come back I didn't care.. I could feel the pain but it was like I was disconnected from it somehow? After I had my son I asked what they had given me cause I had never felt like that before with my other babies. So if they offer it to you take it....it works!!! I couldn't imagine how these people are able to function if they take it for migraines??"

NYCmomma September 5, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Labor Pain "This drug knocked me out during labor which was great because I was crying and almost hyperventilating during my contractions (I was induced). They woke me up when I was fully dilated to push. Will ask for it again with next baby."

Cwingo (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Ive been suffering with migraines since i was 12 and they have just gotten worse over the years i have usually 3 to 4 migraines a month i like most of you have taken just about all the triptans they make (zomig,maxalt,frova,immitrex etc) and numerous preventatives i ended up in the hospital for several days because of how bad the side effects were taken a toll on my body i had to quit taken them so i just suffered with my migraines and went to the er when I couldn't handle the pain anymore which is not fun at all cause 50 % of the time you get treated like a drug seeker well i was on my second pregnancy about 4 months along and i was just suffering daily from severe migraines my ob prescribes me Stadol NS this is my miracle drug people"

Temperance1985 June 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "For migraine pain = BEST = obliterates an attack. Side effects = Severe = dizzy and sedated, tolerance develops rapidly with any repetitious use. I take Stadol to abort only the most severe migraine attacks, about 10 doses per year. I can take it, but only if I have absolutely NO responsibilities for the 4 following hours. Stadol has helped me avoid a trip to the ER numerous times. It's one of those "break glass in case of emergency" type medicines, for me. It works EXTREMELY fast, starting in less than 2 minutes."

THEOCDMIGRAINEMAN (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I get daily migraines and nothing helps me. I've tried everything you could think of Stadol helps my pain too an extent. I'd guess 60% with a max dose but in all fairness that is the best pain relief I get but it does have side effects with me all in all I'd say its helpful."

this guy November 11, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have trigeminal neuralgia which triggers pain in my head so bad I just want to take my head off. Normal migraine meds do not help for these migraines. Stadol is the only medicine that takes the pain away. Sometimes I need to take a Phenergan with a spray, but other than some nausea I have no problems with Stadol. So far I have a nice doctor who just wants my pain to stop."

Amy B (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Stadol since I was 21 and I am now 40. This is a great medicine if you use it when you supposed to use it. I am 40 now and the doctors have to give me something much more stronger now to help me with my pain from cancer. "

tinn April 1, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I've had migraines now for 56 years. I've been on just about everything out there. I was prescribed Stadol NS back in the early '90's. In the mid '90's, I was on it daily, after my migraines went to a severe chronic daily status. I found Stadol NS to be a life saver. I have been using it every day since. Of course, some days I use almost none, and some days I use my maximum dose. I have never had any adverse reaction to it. During a time when my pharmacy wasn't able to get this medication for several months, I had no problem or withdrawl symptoms. I just had to use less effective medications. I know that everyone is different, but this medicine has been a great success for me."

Crystalrz4 January 11, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Tried one time and can tell you that it works."

refinancetoday November 23, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Super effective and VERY strong. It's the only medicine that I've nodded to period. Use for bad pain with care. It works wonders, instantly. Couple of sprays and you're just fine (totally crushed...but not feeling the pain)."

Anonymous October 13, 2011