User Reviews for Propofol

7.2

2 reviews
Summary of Propofol reviews 8.1 298 reviews

Reviews for Propofol

For Anesthesia: "I woke up quick and it didn't give me a groggy feeling."

Dancin' Machine (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I am 59 yr old 140 lb woman and had 420 mg propofol three days ago, for an endoscopy that lasted ~ 45 minutes - I have an extra long, redundant colon and needed extra medication for the scoping to be completed. I was very nervous because the last time I had this done (8 years ago) they couldn't complete it due to the twists, and my pain. This time it went great. The team was excellent . The propofol or oxygen didn't burn or cause any nasal problems. I saw an orange blur and then what felt like moments later, thought that it hadn't worked because I was waking up; I was in the recovery area, all done! I felt very normal afterwards, was walking within 15 minutes, went shopping (but should not have eaten Brussel sprouts. Big mistake, so much gas pain the next day!). I am today having some heart flutters (unusual for me), which is why I googled and found this conversation place."

Raddle March 30, 2018

For Anesthesia: "ABSOULTELY AMAZING!! Going in for my endoscopy I was wicked nervous... I’ve never had any procedure before and I don’t even drink so this was like my biggest fear. I was petrified to wake up nasueous so I let them know ahead of time and they said absolutely no problem and put zofran in my IV prior. After that she said ok I’m gonna put the propofol in you may feel burning going in. I didn’t feel a thing! She said you’re doing great almost all in then I started to feel honestly high ha ha and then I was out! Woke up felt great, I’ve woken up from natural naps feeling much worse and then about 5 mins after I got up they put me in a chair. I was a little dizzy but no big deal. And within 20 mins I was good to go. I’ve seen and read so many ridiculous things. From people waking up acting a fool to people saying they felt sick to there stomach. I was a ok! But my surgical center was also amazing! Good old Massachusetts! Good luck everyone!"

Ecxtc508 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Anesthesia: "My colonoscopy was yesterday morning and 1st time having propofol. I don't remember counting backwards only being asked to lay on my side and then was out. Within minutes of waking developed a burning in my upper right nostril and immediately started sneezing which started the waterfall from my nose which is worse then the water from my bowels for the prep. Its been over 24 hrs now and no change.Also having post nasal drip and a hard cough causing headaches. To top it off I've had to change my pants 6 times today because, well I've had 4 kids and my bladder and coughing don't mix well. I am finding a small amount of relief by either a cotton ball or tissue shoved up my right nostril.Although I have read many posts since starting this issue yesterday, my Dr.s office has never before heard of anything like this. Maybe propofol related, possibly oxygen related but either way I'm very upset with my medical team. Went in with water running out one end came out with mucus running out the other!"

Sandi March 27, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I had propofol for a colonoscopy yesterday and woke up sneezing non stop. I was fine when I went in and no signs of any cold or congestion. I’m a nurse, so I knew something wasn’t right. I’ve had too many surgeries to count due to breast cancer, and never had a reaction like this. My eyes were swollen and running, my nose was stopped up on one side but pouring like crazy and I started coughing. The nurses tried to say it was from the oxygen through a nasal cannula that had dried me out. I wasn’t dry though! It was so bad that I came home and had to take 2 Benadryl. I know what an allergic reaction feels like due to numerous other allergies. Today my eyes are still swollen and runny and I’m still sneezing and have a runny/stuffy nose and cough. I hope this goes away soon! I’m afraid if I try propofol again, I may have an anaphylactic reaction. I’ve had it before with no reaction, but just like my iodine allergy, the more I was exposed to it the worse the reaction became."

Wendy March 23, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Had a totally positive experience with propofol for combined endoscopy and colonoscopy (worth the news of healthy bowels/stomach), administered by a very (!) bright nurse anesthetist. Post-procedure, awakened fairly groggy, for about ten minutes. Propofol has a confirmed, short, half-life, so the altered personalities (anxious, frightened, paranoid, etc.), days later, chronicled here, likely have to do with personality rather than the drug. What is puzzling to me is that I am a thin, tall woman who needed 400 mg of proplofol to fully sedate me, which is twice, normal. I was monitored carefully for PSI and all that and was never in peril. It may have something to do with my fast metabolism, even though I am a lightweight re: alcohol and drink negligibly."

Nicky March 18, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I had this for chemo port placement/MAC. I’d asked for just local and fentanyl, but anesthesiologist insisted on only Propofol. Swore it never caused nausea. I told him it had before, but wasn’t taken seriously. Burned like crazy because resident didn’t loosen bp cuff, so it didn’t flow well. Woke up with nausea and headache, which meant longer stay. I had it 2 weeks before for induction with fentanyl, so dose was smaller and given very carefully, so it wasn’t bad. This time, no pleasant drifting off. I felt awful next day. Wish they’d listen! I know what works for me. He used Zofran, but no decadron, and I could definitely tell difference in nausea level. Yuck!"

Andromache (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Was to have a implant for spinal stimulator with locals only, Lidocaine. That did not work, so all of a sudden my arm went severely and painfully cold and my arm no longer felt like a human arm. It was cold with a cold steel metallic feeling, like a metal beam. It was hurting like crazy. The nurse said that is just the effect of the propofol. Mercifully, I finally went to sleep. No bad effects when I awakened. I do not want it again!"

Wary One (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Had an endoscopy today and it went great, thanks to this medication! Felt a little warm as she was injecting the propofol. The first thing I noticed as I was receiving this med was my ears feeling full and the sound was muffled and then I basically blacked out. Apparently during the procedure I had woken up (which I don't remember) and they had to give me a little extra. I felt fine afterwards, no nausea or headache. Just tired throughout the day."

ang123 March 8, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Asked to not have anesthesia. 3 doctors and 2 nurses saying he needs propofol because less side effects, etc. Bullied into having it, but only minimal amount. Did not wake up immediately. Kept falling back to sleep. Left hospital to get lunch then home. Immediately started napping in his recliner. Very lethargic for the rest of the day. Lots of congestion and blowing his nose still 3 days after. Also still lack of energy. Memory has been affected. Not a good drug because of side effects! !!!!!!"

Pop (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Had propofal as well as fentanyl for pilonidal sinus excision. First ever operation & went so much better than I thought. This stuff is good! (Am 23 yr old female)"

Loz (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Anesthesia: "30 yo male. Put under for colonoscopy and endoscopy. Total time on propofol was about 1 hour. It burned a little going in and knocked me out within seconds. It felt like I took a really good nap. I felt groggy and slightly off balance for about 2 hours after that (like if you had a few beers). My thought process felt a little foggy for the rest of the day but I was able to do household chores. I ended up having chills and fever (100.8) about 4 hours after my procedure and for the rest of the evening and night. It's currently the next day and I feel fine now and my temperature as returned to normal."

matt (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I just had propofol for a colonoscopy and the sedation itself was wonderful. I was out cold and recovered quickly. However immediately upon awakening I had nasal congestion which cleared up quickly, and my eyes still feel dry, scratchy and burning hours later. I mentioned it to the postop nurse and she asked me if I had a cold, as if she’d never heard of these side effects before. However upon googling I see many references to these symptoms in postop patients who received propofol with nasal oxygen."

Josi_1980 February 9, 2018

For Anesthesia: "36 y.o female just had my first colonoscopy this a.m. with propofol. Woke up at 10 a.m. No issues. Just tired. I'll take a nap. Chances are I'm tired from the night of bathroom runs and only 4 hours sleep. Usually have versad and fentanyl for my spinals so I was nervous but did well. 30 to 45 min procedure."

Jojo8179 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Burns going in then knocked out. I love it. My wife cries when she woke up when she had it, but not me I feel good just groggy."

Nissan msn (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2018

For Anesthesia: "31Y Female. I had this for an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Although I didn't feel anything during the procedure when I woke up I couldn't talk for over 2 hours and had a head twitch. It was like I was trying to answer their questions but my mouth wouldn't move. Then my anxiety went to level 1000. Doctors and nurses said they have never seen it before and didn't know what to do. They transferred me to there ER and my speech came back slowly. I'm just happy I am ok now CT scan was normal. Weird!!!"

Nicky2018 February 7, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I had a colonoscopy today and had no problems with the drug. I did, however, once I woke from the fog had a serious runny right nose nostril and right eye. It feels like a cold only I had no signs of it going in. After googling I found many people complaining of the same thing. It seems to come from the oxygen they have to give you due to taking a stronger sedative like propofol. I've had it since noon today I hope it goes away by tomorrow."

Lelk January 30, 2018

For Anesthesia: "Had this for first time anesthesia for a small (15min) operation. The injection did burn and was painful, but I was out 5 seconds later. My recovery time was pretty quick, I just felt like a had one or two many drinks. Later, I had a tickly, runny nose and couldn't stop sneezing! I slept a lot after my procedure so the drowsiness was manageable."

28,F January 26, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I was given propofol for general anesthesia for an upper GI endoscopy on 1/11/18. This was my first procedure ever and I also suffer from generalized anxiety. Needless to say I was SO nervous about being put under and was concerned about possible side effects upon waking up. I do not even remember falling asleep. I woke up in the recovery room and was a bit confused because I had a dream that I was at home with my friends. I did not feel dizzy or nauseous upon waking, just slightly disoriented and unsteady on my feet. Within 15 minutes, I was back to normal! I did need to take a short nap later that day but I suspect this was due to waking up early for the procedure. Good luck to everyone and don't worry!"

AESTRELLA (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I have had this for general sedation at least thirty times, with little or no side effects. Mainly for defibs. I am 16st and 6'4" I don't drink alcohol. So it does act well. I have stopped breathing a couple of times but have been brought back easily without intervention."

Captfatastic January 4, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I was administered this for removal of my wisdom teeth. I didn't even realize I had been knocked out because I was looking at my mother one second waiting on them to start the procedure the next second I thought I was still looking at her asking when are they gonna start she said it was over! I felt great I jumped up and hugged my dentist and told him I loved him lol I was so nervous before hand and was so relieved that the procedure was over!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

For Anesthesia: "Have had propofol twice now (once for flexible sigmoidoscopy and once for a colonoscopy). It worked wonderfully for me - woke up feeling like I had a long refreshing nap. I tend to be super sensitive to drugs and usually suffer side effects from them so I am amazed at how good I felt after the propofol. No lasting side effects at all. Sorry to hear it was unpleasant for some!"

Shelsters December 2, 2017

For Anesthesia: "At 51 yrs of age, just had my first colonoscopy. Was only given propofol. Woke up smiling and happy, saying, " I just had the BEST nap!" Within minutes I was dressed & on my way home. No nausea whatsoever. This drug worked great for me and I thank the researchers and company that developed it. I'd been under general anesthesia before (fentanyl?) and didn't wake up as well-rested & nausea-free as with the propofol."

Orchid77 November 29, 2017

For Anesthesia: "had a colonoscopy and right after awaking I have been sneezing and have a very runny nose! hope it doesn't last long!"

hairgal November 27, 2017

For Anesthesia: "I had endoscopy with oxygen and propolol? Immediately upon waking I started sneezing and with runny nose. My ribs are sore from sneezing,. I've read many threads of same problem. Why isn't anything being done about it. My Dr said see my GP. Passing the buck. Nurses playing dumb too. I'm on day 3 and no relief with benadryl, nasal sprays, etc, can anyone tell me how long this horrible reaction will last?"

Castaway girl November 15, 2017