User Reviews for Succinylcholine

Also known as: Anectine, Anectine Flo-Pack, Quelicin

Learn more about Succinylcholine.

Anesthesia 7 reviews 132 medications

2.6
Summary of Succinylcholine reviews 7 reviews 2.6

Reviews for Succinylcholine

For Anesthesia: "Had a bronchoscopy that went a little long, so sux was used to supplement the regular anesthesia. Starting the next day I underwent 3 days of literally screaming agony; my entire body was stiff and to a certain extent unresponsive to conscious movement commands, and I felt made of dry wood. Kind of like the Tin Man ("Oilcan. Oilcan!"). Walking with 3-inch steps, groaning in pain with the slightest movement. 5 more days of decreasing pain after that. I believe I am still suffering from it 3 months after the fact. I'm continually dizzy and have had 5 or 6 blackout falls."

NSCSC Cancer Paul August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "I was intubated for general anesthesia for an outpatient endoscopic procedure on 7-3-2017. By next morning, I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck, extreme pain in every muscle. I laid in bed for an hour trying to figure the least painful way to get out of bed. I was in so much pain my husband took me to the Emergency Room and a blood test showed my potassium levels (K) were more than double what is normal which they said indicated an adverse reaction to the succhinylcholine I was given. An I.V. of dilaudin offered no pain relief. I normally NEVER use any pain meds, but used Percocet alternating with Ibuprofen for 3 days before I started to feel more normal again. I will never willingly allow succhinylcholine to be used on me again!"

mom4mn August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "I had to have an emergency c-section with my son 1985. They gave me this and it took me 17 hrs to awake and they lost my heartbeat twice during the procedure. Have not had it since."

Sammy67 (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "I'm two days after gallbladder removal and was given this during anesthesia. Pain prior to surgery was excruciating but the all over pain from this is debilitating. Every leg, arm, stomach muscle is hurting to the point it's difficult to move anything. Even my jaws hurt. I will never use this drug again; I will deem myself allergic. I've recently had both hips replaced and was given a different muscle relaxant during those surgeries that did not cause any post operative pain. I'd never thought to ask about anesthesia drugs prior to surgeries. Due to the horrible pain I've experienced with succinylcholine, I will be certain to ensure its never used on me again. Other sufferers say it lasts about 4 days. I hope that's the outcome."

Pained lady September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "Had this before surgery. True it knocked me out and I wasn't aware of proceedure. However the after effects have made me feel totally helpless, in so much pain. This will be added to my list of never use this drug on me again! This feels like I have been body slammed over and over. Every part of my body hurts."

L.Page June 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "Succinylcholine was used as a pre-tubation muscle relaxer on my D & C outpatient surgery. Approximately 12 hours after surgery I began to have severe muscle aches and stiffness. I could barely move. All my muscles were affected. I couldn't cough as my abdominal muscles were very sore. Standing, sitting, walking was met with intense pain. Sleep was painful as I couldn't adjust myself. I was given pain meds that only helped slightly. Pain lasted 4 days."

lulu1122 October 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anesthesia: "The day after administered for surgery I am in severe pain all over my body."

beamo August 29, 2015