User Reviews for Succinylcholine systemic

Anesthesia
1.8

Summary of Succinylcholine reviews 1.8 16 reviews

Reviews for Succinylcholine

For Anesthesia: "I had a bladder surgery, as a outpatient, when I got home , I started hurting in my shoulders, then my calves, then the front of my legs, then my back, side, neck, I was hurting all over! Every muscle I have was hurting so bad, I felt like they had taken me and slammed me to the floor in the operating room AND jumped up and down on me! I have never been in so much pain in my life this is the 2nd day for me. I hope this pain ends soon. They should have to give each one of us that has been through this horrible pain 50,000 each for all our suffering!! They know this medicine can cause this kind of pain , and still they use it!!They need to STOP!!IT."

Vern (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I had a procedure that should’ve only required use of propofol but my anesthesiologist had to give me succinylcholine. It wasn’t until the next day but I suffered extreme muscle pain from my jaw down to my calves. My calf’s were the worst. I couldn’t even turn in bed by myself because my back muscles hurt so much! Took a week to feel back to normal except my calves. A month out and my calves still hurt if I try to run or jump or sprint up the stairs. Sometimes I’ll hear a pop in one or both calf’s which leaves me limping for the next week. I will never allow an anesthesiologist to give me this again! Save yourself the risk and ask for a different paralytic, there are others but a reversal will need to be given because they last longer than sux as the drug in mention is known as. The reversal drug for the other paralytics may cause one to have post op nausea but I’d welcome that over the awfulness that I've been through and continue to deal with."

A nurse September 19, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I had a very simple procedure done on my bladder. It was done in the morning and by late afternoon I was home. Hours later I woke in severe pain all over my body. I had been diagnosed years before with fibromyalgia and this was much, much worse. It felt like I had gone crazy in the gym and every single muscle was screaming in pain. I contacted my doctor and let him know I could not handle this level of pain...I could not sleep...just getting up to use the bathroom was agony. My doctors hospitalized me for about 4 days and put me on a morphine drip....it was the only thing to do. Succinylcholine that was used in my simple procedure was found to be the culprit. I would never allow thus medicine in my body again."

Sweetpea February 25, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I had some what I thought was relatively minor surgery yesterday that required general anesthesia. Sadly it's the third time in 2 weeks and I've probably got 2 more to go... Started roughly 12 hours after surgery INTENSE muscle pain and stiffness. This feels like overuse pain in my upper arms, thighs, legs, muscles in my rib area like I've done crunches all night. My jaw and back are the worst.. I had to sneeze earlier and thought I was gonna pass out. The area where the surgery was done -- not a twinge, well that I can feel in comparison.. I'm so stiff and sore I can barely move. I swear the O/R threw me on the floor and took turns beating the crap out of me? Why would areas of my body that had nothing to do during surgery feel like they've been through a freaking marathon race followed up with being hit by a truck? If I can handle bilateral kidney stones pushing three 7MM stones with stents in, anesthesia should be easy. I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy!!"

Troy M. Arizona (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

For Anesthesia: "I was given succinylcholine during my Thyroidectomy surgery. Hours after surgery I started experiencing intense muscle pain. All I could tell my doctors was that it felt like I’d done multiple work outs, that pain after a few days later, but 10 times worse. My doctors could not figure out what was happening. Finally, after consulting with the head of anesthesia he linked it to the succinylcholine. He asked, did she say she felt like she was hit by a Mack truck? It was about four days before the pain subsided. Avoid if at all possible !"

SClar (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Anesthesia: "12 hrs after receiving succinylcloine for endoscopy had severe muscle pain, 12 hours later. It feels like I have been hit by a Mack truck.I could hardly move for 18 hrs, pain finally went away with out any additional treatment."

Capt. Ralph (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

For Anesthesia: "I was given this agent prior to having my lumpectomy. I knew something was awry when my calves would hardly move once I was leaving recovery. Now, over 48 hours after surgery and my muscles are extremely sore. I've never had this reaction to any other general anesthesia agent before. I've made a note to never have it again!! My surgical incision feels wonderful while the rest of me feels like I've been run over by a train!"

Spengie (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2017

For Anesthesia: "I had a supposedly simple female procedure done in 2007 that was supposed to leave me with a little cramping for two days. The next morning I was in so much pain all over my body. I called the Gynecologist who didn't understand why I would be in so much pain and basically left me to just handle it. I called the hospital to talk to an Anesthesiologist; he got my chart, listened and then put me on hold to look into it more. When he came back he asked, "Does it feel like you have been hit with a baseball bat all over your body?" YES!!! He told me it was a side effect of the medication Succinylcholine. Six months later I was DX with Fibromyalgia! I don't know if it caused the Fibromyalgia but now I feel like I did for that week all the time."

pambytes (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Anesthesia: "Had a bronchoscopy where Succinlycholine was used in the Anesthesia and felt fine when I left the hospital. In the early evening I began to experience stiffness the started in my neck but by 10:00 it had spread to all of my muscles. My arms, thighs, calfs, glutes, stomach, back and ribs all were extremely sore to the point that I could barely move. Never had such extreme soreness and it actually wakes me up at night. This has nothing to do with how you were positioned on the table but is a reaction, or side effect, of the Succinlycholine. Strongly urge you to use something else."

RedRam (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Anesthesia: "Had a bronchoscopy that went a little long, so sux was used to supplement the regular anesthesia. Starting the next day I underwent 3 days of literally screaming agony; my entire body was stiff and to a certain extent unresponsive to conscious movement commands, and I felt made of dry wood. Kind of like the Tin Man ("Oilcan. Oilcan!"). Walking with 3-inch steps, groaning in pain with the slightest movement. 5 more days of decreasing pain after that. I believe I am still suffering from it 3 months after the fact. I'm continually dizzy and have had 5 or 6 blackout falls."

NSCSC Cancer Paul August 22, 2017

For Anesthesia: "I was intubated for general anesthesia for an outpatient endoscopic procedure on 7-3-2017. By next morning, I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck, extreme pain in every muscle. I laid in bed for an hour trying to figure the least painful way to get out of bed. I was in so much pain my husband took me to the Emergency Room and a blood test showed my potassium levels (K) were more than double what is normal which they said indicated an adverse reaction to the succhinylcholine I was given. An I.V. of dilaudin offered no pain relief. I normally NEVER use any pain meds, but used Percocet alternating with Ibuprofen for 3 days before I started to feel more normal again. I will never willingly allow succhinylcholine to be used on me again!"

mom4mn August 3, 2017

For Anesthesia: "I had to have an emergency c-section with my son 1985. They gave me this and it took me 17 hrs to awake and they lost my heartbeat twice during the procedure. Have not had it since."

Sammy67 (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2016

For Anesthesia: "I'm two days after gallbladder removal and was given this during anesthesia. Pain prior to surgery was excruciating but the all over pain from this is debilitating. Every leg, arm, stomach muscle is hurting to the point it's difficult to move anything. Even my jaws hurt. I will never use this drug again; I will deem myself allergic. I've recently had both hips replaced and was given a different muscle relaxant during those surgeries that did not cause any post operative pain. I'd never thought to ask about anesthesia drugs prior to surgeries. Due to the horrible pain I've experienced with succinylcholine, I will be certain to ensure its never used on me again. Other sufferers say it lasts about 4 days. I hope that's the outcome."

Pained lady September 12, 2016

For Anesthesia: "Had this before surgery. True it knocked me out and I wasn't aware of proceedure. However the after effects have made me feel totally helpless, in so much pain. This will be added to my list of never use this drug on me again! This feels like I have been body slammed over and over. Every part of my body hurts."

L.Page June 23, 2016

For Anesthesia: "Succinylcholine was used as a pre-tubation muscle relaxer on my D & C outpatient surgery. Approximately 12 hours after surgery I began to have severe muscle aches and stiffness. I could barely move. All my muscles were affected. I couldn't cough as my abdominal muscles were very sore. Standing, sitting, walking was met with intense pain. Sleep was painful as I couldn't adjust myself. I was given pain meds that only helped slightly. Pain lasted 4 days."

lulu1122 October 25, 2015

For Anesthesia: "The day after administered for surgery I am in severe pain all over my body."

beamo August 29, 2015