User Reviews for Diprivan

Learn more about Diprivan.

Anesthesia 18 reviews 139 medications

Summary of Diprivan reviews 18 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Diprivan

For Anesthesia "I was given this drug in 2012/ I've been experiencing dementia stages, delirium eight weeks post surgery. Then again dementia stages within a year, then again dementia stages with two days of delirium. Then I had another episode about 3 to 5 Day dementia like symptoms. 2016, I was experiencing dementia symptoms seven days straight, then was found on the seventh day and delirium stage hospitalized, drug culture came back with no drugs in my system. There are told to put me in restraints never Happened my family was holding me down, two security guards on my feet, and then a nurse came in said I was spitting, she came down on me with an elbow knocking out my top teeth bottom tooth on the left side of my jaw! I need help and answers. Many others out there. No help from no one, doctors neurologists etc. do not want to address the issue."

Grim Reaper September 30, 2016

For Anesthesia "we used regularly in ICU, very few side effects, patients fell asleep quickly & returned to alertness quickly. Dosage needs varied between patients. We also used for what is called 'conscious sedation' for out patient procedures. Again dosage needs do vary between people and it is not just height and weight. It takes an experienced practitioner to use in conscious sedation. I worked in the ICU for 7 years. I had for upper endoscopy w/o side effects during or after procedure."

c.BJ July 9, 2015

For Anesthesia "I had foot surgery in 09' . This was my very first surgery ever. I had never been put to sleep my entire life. I was given Diprivan (propofol) as the anesthetic. I would have to say that if I ever needed another surgery, I would request this anesthesia. It was wonderful. I remember absolutely nothing about the surgery at all and it felt like it took like 2 minutes. However, I remember the anesthetist saying one of the side effects was I was going to feel rushed or in a hurry when I woke up. I had the complete opposite effect. I was nice and comfy in my wheelchair, and wasn't planning on leaving any time soon apparently. I was in a very happy place. I would recommend this to anyone very apprehensive or nervous about any kind of surgery."

Pancake78 June 28, 2014

For Anesthesia "I had my first screening colonoscopy with propofol. I was out within a few seconds of administration of it. I woke up after 30 minutes with no side effects. I was up and around within an hour and I had normal meal after. I did feel usually "high" or happy afterward, I don't know if it was the propofol or the good results of the colonoscopy."

Melsongs June 5, 2014

For Anesthesia "I have a psuedocholonesterase Def. (allergic to normal anesthesia). I had a laparoscopic procedure done while under Diprivan and had no side effects from this. Psuedocholonesterase Def. can be deadly so check this out as an option."

bobber down (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 29, 2014

For Anesthesia "I had a minor procedure done to remove a piece of food that stuck in my throat. I also am on the fentanyl patch for the last 10 yrs for my constant pain. After about 2-3 minutes the first shot didn't have any effect on me. I was not sleepy at all. To make a long story short because of my pain management medicines they had to give me 4 shots to put me under."

jaxspapa March 20, 2012

For Anesthesia "Did not even notice initial administration of this drug. Woke up feeling perfectly fine."

Anonymous September 19, 2011

For Anesthesia "Had Diprivan for a colonoscopy. Woke up feeding normal without any drowsiness. Highly recommend."

Anonymous May 22, 2011

For Anesthesia "I received propofol today for a colonoscopy and it worked wonderfully. I was very worried as past anesthetics caused severe nausea afterwards, but no side effects at all with this drug."

Anonymous January 5, 2010

For Anesthesia "I am a fifty year old female getting a colonoscopy for the very first time and the the doctors used this drug to "put me under" and it was the greatest feeling ever. This is the way to go for all needing to get this procedure done!!!"

Anonymous November 11, 2009

For Anesthesia "I had Diprivan for a colonoscopy. I was out instantly and the procedure was completely painless. I woke up very quickly afterwards and felt great. I would recommend Diprivan for colonoscopy!"

Anonymous August 4, 2009

For Anesthesia "Diprivan was successfully used to anesthetize me for a minor procedure lasting 5-10 minutes. It worked beautifully. I don't remember a thing and "waking up" was actually pleasant. No side effects - it wore off quickly and I was running errands within hours. (Probably shouldn't have, but I was able to). I would recommend this drug to my friends."

Anonymous May 22, 2009

For Anesthesia "No problem with Diprivan sedation. I didn't remember a thing and was unaware of any time passing during my surgery."

Coldsteel April 18, 2009

For Anesthesia "My pain doctor gave me 12 shots in my cervical spinal nerve roots. He used this on me - after a couple of minutes then up to five minutes (according to him) I still was fully conscious and alert. I told him this and I told him that I didn't think the medicine was working on me. He decided to start the injections and after the first injection (6" needle) I screamed and told him I could feel the the entire pain effects from the first shot. The anesthetist said he would give me a second dose (did he? I don't really know) and then we waited for a few minutes - he gave me a second shot - and I told him I was still fully alert and the medicine wasn't working."

Anonymous March 20, 2009

"I was given Diprivan at the start of a colonoscopy. It worked very quickly and I awoke to no side effects."

Anonymous March 14, 2009

For Anesthesia "I had Diprivan recently for carpal tunnel release surgery. The only bad side effect I had was a minor sore throat the next day. Also, it slowed my bowel movements for the 2 days after surgery, but I suspect that most general anesthetics do this."

Anonymous December 17, 2008

For Anesthesia "I was given Diprivan as an anesthetic during a recent breast lumpectomy. Apart from some post-anesthetic shivering in recovery (nurses gave me a pre-warmed blanket which worked well) I had absolutely no side effects. Woke feeling bright, alert and hungry. My anethestist agreed it is her anesthetic of choice."

ozziegal November 19, 2008

For Anesthesia "No after effects."

Anonymous November 13, 2008

For Anesthesia "Diprivan was used to sedate me during a colonoscopy and it worked very quickly with no serious side effects."

Chowman October 3, 2008