User Reviews for Rocuronium

Also known as: Zemuron

Learn more about Rocuronium.

Anesthesia 3 reviews 139 medications

5.5
Summary of Rocuronium reviews 3 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Rocuronium

For Anesthesia: "I have administered this drug to thousands of patients. It works well. The person who posted the "allergy" to rocuronium most certainly does not have an allergy. He/she had a poorly timed emergence, which has nothing to do with the drug and everything to do with the anesthetic technique. However, that non-allergy will be a part of his/her medical record until the end of time."

Another Anesthesiologist August 23, 2016

For Anesthesia: "Rocuronium is used to paralyze people so breathing tubes can be put down for surgery and further anesthesia can be given. Paralysis is what it does, it is not a side-effect of the drug. The previous author was not medicated enough with versed or etomidate, which are amnestics and keep you sleeping. It is unfortunate that she was allowed to come out of her anesthesia while the rocuronium was still having an affect."

Anonymous April 14, 2016

For Anesthesia: "In 2010-I arrived to the Emergency Department, believing I was trying to pass a Kidney Stone...After 7 hours, I felt a razor sharp pain, and was rushed into Surgery, after it was discovered my Appendix had ruptured. When I opened my eyes, I was terrified! A Nurse was leaning over me, trying to calm me, explaining that I had a bad reaction to the Anesthesia, 'Rocuronium', which was why I was on Life Support, and totally Paralyzed! I have never been so afraid, in my whole Life! Luckily, I had a Great Team looking after me, and in time, was able to have the Breathing Tube removed, and breathe and move, on my own. I have since had over 7 more Surgeries, and have been fine-now that I am aware of my Allergy to Rocuronium!"

Sobbie (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015