Major Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength Dosage
Generic name: FAMOTIDINE 20mg
Dosage form: tablet
Drug class: H2 antagonists
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 21, 2021.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 10 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Frequently asked questions
- Is famotidine safer than omeprazole for heartburn?
- Can you take famotidine long term?
- Can I take omeprazole in the morning and famotidine at night?
More about Heartburn Relief Maximum Strength (famotidine)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: H2 antagonists
Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Heartburn Relief, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.