Asacol HD Dosage
Generic name: MESALAMINE 800mg
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
Medically reviewed on July 5, 2017.
2.1 Important Administration Instructions
- Do not substitute one Asacol HD 800 tablet for two mesalamine delayed-release 400 mg oral products [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Evaluate renal function prior to initiation of Asacol HD.
- Take Asacol HD tablets on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Swallow Asacol HD tablets whole. Do not cut, break or chew the tablets.
- Intact, partially intact, and/or tablet shells have been reported in the stool; Instruct patients to contact their physician if this occurs repeatedly.
- Protect Asacol HD tablets from moisture. Close the container tightly and leave desiccant pouches in the bottle along with the tablets.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Asacol HD (mesalamine)
- Asacol HD Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: 5-aminosalicylates