Asacol HD Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 1, 2021.
Generic name: MESALAMINE 800mg
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
2.1 Important Administration Instructions
- Do not substitute one Asacol HD 800 tablet for two mesalamine delayed-release 400 mg oral products [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Evaluate renal function prior to initiation of Asacol HD.
- Take Asacol HD tablets on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Swallow Asacol HD tablets whole. Do not cut, break or chew the tablets.
- Drink an adequate amount of fluids [see Warnings and Precautions (5.7)].
- Intact, partially intact, and/or tablet shells have been reported in the stool; Instruct patients to contact their healthcare provider if this occurs repeatedly.
- Protect Asacol HD tablets from moisture.
More about Asacol HD (mesalamine)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (9)
- Drug images
- Pricing & coupons
- Generic availability
- En español
- Drug class: 5-aminosalicylates
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.