Asacol HD Dosage
Generic name: MESALAMINE 800mg
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
Medically reviewed on April 10, 2018.
2.1 Important Administration Instructions
- Do not substitute one Asacol HD 800 tablet for two mesalamine delayed-release 400 mg oral products [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Evaluate renal function prior to initiation of Asacol HD.
- Take Asacol HD tablets on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Swallow Asacol HD tablets whole. Do not cut, break or chew the tablets.
- Intact, partially intact, and/or tablet shells have been reported in the stool; Instruct patients to contact their physician if this occurs repeatedly.
- Protect Asacol HD tablets from moisture.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Asacol HD (mesalamine)
- Asacol HD Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: 5-aminosalicylates