User Reviews for Asacol HD

Asacol HD has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 88% of those users who reviewed Asacol HD reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance
Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance
10.0
Summary of Asacol HD reviews 8.9 8 reviews

Bandido · Taken for 10 years or more February 23, 2018

For Crohn's Disease: “I feel that this medication is of a big help to me. I have had crohns since 2004. I have good days and bad days more good than bad. I can not take any of the new treatments because I have two auto immune disorders. And I feel the risk is to high of bad side effects. I control my crohns with my diet and other otc meds that helps me deal with crohns better. The only problem I have is weight gain. I can not gain weight. Other than that I can live with it!”

Loris in Ohio · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “Diagnosed with Crohn's at 42. Took Asacol till a couple years ago. It was no longer available. Now on Asacol HD. Works well and no flares in 2 years. Price is expensive. Our insurance just sent us a letter they will no longer cover it starting next month. Gastro doc will be switching me to another name brand (Lialda). I hope it works the same!”

STeve 2015 October 20, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: “Works great for me. No flares in years.”

speck10 May 19, 2011

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 2008 treating it with Canasa and Protofoam. It reoccurred in 2010 which had to be treated aggressively with prednisone, Asacol HD, proctofoam and Canasa. I did not continue taking the Asacol HD because of the price. My ulcerative colitis reoccurred again in 2011. Currently, I am taking prednisone plus 3 Asacol HD a day and am very satisfied with the medicine. No side effects for me. Once the prednisone is finished it's Asacol HD forever to prevent flare-ups/maintenance. Great medicine.”

Nene411 · Taken for 10 years or more January 25, 2014

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “I use to be on Asacol 400mg, but they stopped making or something. So, I've been on Asacol HD 800mg for about a year. I think it's the best for me, because I really haven't had any severe or major side effects from the medicine. It is doing the job it is supposed to do. I've been taking Asacol for over 20 years. Never had to try anything else, but for some reason they want me to try Imuran, and I don't like what the reviews are saying about it. Like they say, if it's not broke don't fix it. Overall, I've had some flares over the 20 yrs., but nothing is worth me having to get use to another medicine.”

FemPatient,Dr.R.C.,VA · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Have not noticed side effects. Diahrrea is less frequent (1-2x/month) and is over in shorter period of time (2-3 hrs, max 6 hrs). No accidents.”

Anonymous October 9, 2009

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “Only been on it one week, but it is starting to work! No nausea like I had with Asacol 400 mg.”

CarmenI.Cruz June 8, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: “Is good”

Tomh219 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Asacol did not work well for me. It was no different from generic. I switched to this from Lialda to save money but it didn't work and I had to switch back.”