Generic name: metaproterenol sulfate
Dosage form: aerosol
Medically reviewed on October 8, 2018.
The usual single dose is two to three inhalations. With repetitive dosing, inhalation should usually not be repeated more often than about every three to four hours. Total dosage per day should not exceed 12 inhalations.
Alupent® (metaproterenol sulfate USP) Inhalation Aerosol is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
It is recommended that the physician titrate dosage according to each individual patient’s response to therapy.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Alupent (metaproterenol)
- Alupent Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: adrenergic bronchodilators
- Alupent (Metaproterenol Syrup)
- Alupent (Metaproterenol Tablets)
- Alupent (Advanced Reading)
- Alupent Inhalation (Advanced Reading)