Generic name: metaproterenol sulfate
Dosage form: aerosol
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual single dose is two to three inhalations. With repetitive dosing, inhalation should usually not be repeated more often than about every three to four hours. Total dosage per day should not exceed 12 inhalations.
Alupent® (metaproterenol sulfate USP) Inhalation Aerosol is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
It is recommended that the physician titrate dosage according to each individual patient’s response to therapy.
More about Alupent (metaproterenol)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: adrenergic bronchodilators
- Alupent (Metaproterenol Syrup)
- Alupent (Metaproterenol Tablets)
- Alupent (Advanced Reading)
- Alupent Inhalation (Advanced Reading)