Aciphex Sprinkle Dosage
Generic name: RABEPRAZOLE SODIUM 5mg
Dosage form: capsules, delayed release
Medically reviewed on February 16, 2018.
ACIPHEX Sprinkle is recommended for up to 12 weeks in pediatric patients 1 to 11 years of age and is dosed by body weight:
- Less than 15 kg: 5 mg once daily with the option to increase to 10 mg once daily, if inadequate response.
- 15 kg or more: 10 mg once daily.
- Take the dose 30 minutes before a meal.
- Do not swallow the capsule whole.
- Open a capsule and sprinkle entire contents on a small amount of soft food (e.g., applesauce, fruit or vegetable based baby food, or yogurt) or empty contents into a small amount of liquid (e.g., infant formula, apple juice, or pediatric electrolyte solution). Food or liquid should be at or below room temperature.
- Do not chew or crush the granules.
- Take the entire dose within 15 minutes of preparation.
- Do not store mixture for future use.
- Take a missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Aciphex Sprinkle (rabeprazole)
- Aciphex Sprinkle Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
Other brands: Aciphex