Myrbetriq (mirabegron) Disease Interactions
There are 3 disease interactions with Myrbetriq (mirabegron):
Beta-3 Adrenergic Agonist (Includes Myrbetriq) ↔ Urinary Retention
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
Applies to: Urinary Retention
Although an increased risk of urinary retention was not observed in a controlled clinical safety study in patients with bladder outlet obstruction, urinary retention has been reported in this population during postmarketing use. Therapy with mirabegron should be administered cautiously in patients with clinically significant bladder outlet obstruction and conditions predisposing to urinary retention.
Mirabegron (Includes Myrbetriq) ↔ Liver Disease
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
Applies to: Liver Disease
Mirebegron is partially metabolized by the liver through multiple pathways. Following administration of a single 100 mg dose, mean mirabegron peak plasma concentration (Cmax) and systemic exposure (AUC) increased by 9% and 19%, respectively, in volunteers with mild hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class A) and 175% and 65%, respectively, in volunteers with moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B) compared to volunteers with normal hepatic function. No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with mild hepatic impairment. In patients with moderate hepatic impairment, the daily dosage of mirabegron should not exceed 25 mg. Mirabegron has not been studied in patients with severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class C). Mirabegron is not recommended for use in these patients.
Mirabegron (Includes Myrbetriq) ↔ Renal Dysfunction
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
Applies to: Renal Dysfunction
Mirebegron is partially eliminated by the kidney through active tubular secretion and glomerular filtration, with renal clearance accounting for approximately 25% of the total clearance. Following administration of a single 100 mg dose, mean mirabegron peak plasma concentration (Cmax) and systemic exposure (AUC) increased by 6% and 31%, respectively, in volunteers with mild renal impairment (estimated GFR 60 to 89 mL/min/1.73 m2), 23% and 66%, respectively, in volunteers with moderate renal impairment (estimated GFR 30 to 59 mL/min/1.73 m2), and 92% and 118%, respectively, in patients with severe renal impairment (estimated GFR 15 to 29 mL/min/1.73 m2) compared to volunteers with normal renal function. No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with mild or moderate renal impairment. In patients with severe renal impairment, the daily dosage of mirabegron should not exceed 25 mg. Mirabegron has not been studied in patients with end stage renal disease (CrCl <15 mL/min or estimated GFR <15 mL/min/1.73 m2 or requirement for hemodialysis). Mirabegron is not recommended for use in these patients.
Myrbetriq (mirabegron) drug Interactions
There are 394 drug interactions with Myrbetriq (mirabegron)
Myrbetriq (mirabegron) alcohol/food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food interaction with Myrbetriq (mirabegron)
Drug Interaction Classification
The classifications below are a general guideline only. It is difficult to determine the relevance of a particular drug interaction to any individual given the large number of variables.
|Major||Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderate||Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minor||Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Multum is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. Multum's information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. Multum Information Services, Inc. does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. Copyright 2000-2017 Multum Information Services, Inc. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.