User Reviews for Zometa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zometa.

Reviews for Zometa to treat Hypercalcemia of Malignancy

"Went the day before Thanksgiving for my regular shots for my neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)/Carcinoid Syndrome wwith mets to liver. Nurse said a "calcium drip" had been ordered. I figured it was a type of vitamin, although the nurse said some people get mild flu symptoms. I left 40 mins. Later, went home to houseful of guests. (I'm the cook for record in our family) About 10:00 that night I felt like a ton of bricks had hit me! The chills, uncontrollable shaking, and violent vomiting began. Every bone and joint in my body ached. I'm now 4 days past treatment and I'm still just "off". I'm having trouble searching for words, forgetful, & inexplicably depressed. (sobbing for no reason?) I, too, like the previous post, am furious with my doctor. NEVER AGAIN."

SmitedinIndy November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was an easy IV for 15 minutes. Felt wonderful all day long. Hadn't felt that good in a very long time! Next day so sick. Went right back to bed and was completely out all day long. Got up later that afternoon and felt fine from then on. Was given 4 ibuprophens before IV."

Anonymous September 3, 2008