User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder
6.5

Depression

Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 6.2 728 reviews

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Two months on Trintellix. Amazing results. I had some stomach pain and headache at the first week. But with time, it all went away. Now, I am at enjoying relief from major depression. It is great. I had depression to the point I could not walk anymore and I gained over 40 pounds in one year. It is time to get in shape again. I am 100% happy and got my life back. Thanks Trintellix!!!"

milo405 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Prescribed this after Effexor started wearing off after about 3 years. Started at 5mgs..it was working and I felt better than I had in YEARS but dose still too low..after 4 weeks doc upped dose to 10mgs. Felt like I was going to achieve remission. But into 3 week on 10 mgs...bombastic stomach pain! Not nausea..that's to be expected. Not stomach aches. When I'd take the pill, 10 minutes later, to get such a bad stomach pain to where I could not eat normally that entire day. Went back down to 5mg..but thoughts and sadness coming through. Tried 5mgs 2x a day...STOMACH PAIN. Back to 5mg but too low dose. Tried 10 mgs again..encased pill in bread to ease pain but seemed like the and normalcy went away and pain still there off and on. Stopped after 4 months."

AnnStacia (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I had sudden large amounts of projectile vomiting the 5 weeks I was on this med. Other untoward side effects include headache, eye pain, visual changes, emotionally labile, very anxious, depressed, very tired, no energy, racing thoughts."

Roryanne November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This is the ONLY antidepressant that has A) worked for me and B) not caused weight gain. Yes, its expensive. Yes, it causes horrible nausea for the first few weeks. I've been on it for several months now, and unfortunately I still get slightly nauseous every morning when I take (with or without food). But its been completely worth it for me. My depression no longer controls my life or causes me to miss work or school. My advice: try it if you can afford it. Soldier through the initial week or so of nausea. Give it a chance and it might just be your miracle drug - it was for me. Mild nausea for 20 minutes every morning is a small price to pay for an antidepressant that truly works. 9/10 only due to price and nausea."

Frankie91 November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I avoided this medication because of fear of the side effects reported, especially nausea. However have been taking for about 10 days now at 10mg with no serious side effects and no noticeable nausea yet. Definitely for me the AD that interferes least with concentration. We all react differently to these medications but I have been pleasantly surprised so far."

Anonj (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Have been on anti-depressants for 20 years, trying more than I can remember. Was on Cymbalta for 8 years, but it quit working for me. Depression was my biggest problem when I was younger, but now anxiety seems to be the bigger problem. Been on Trintellix for 2 weeks now (first week 5mg; second week 10mg). The side effects I can handle are nausea and headaches. The ones I can’t handle are feeling high as a kite everyday, brain on warp speed and can’t focus or concentrate. The absolute worst side effects are high blood pressure and ITCHING!! I cannot stop itching! My skin is ripped apart all over my whole body, and my skin feels about 100 degrees constantly! The itching is driving my insane. Seeing psychiatrist next week. I need help w/this!"

ItchyandScratchy (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have to take 4mg ondansetron (Zofran) with this medication to control the nausea which works perfectly. I have been on antidepressants for about 30 years and this one has been by far the best. I feel like my focus is much better. I have had 3 head injuries with 2 loss of consciousness (LOC) so I was really fuzzy for a long time until I got this medication."

mlp2 November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been on 10mg for several months. Also take Wellbutrin, but that's really for smoking cessation. I had no side effects with Trintellix, and it seems to be working well even though we're entering my typical SAD part of the year."

Aj863 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "So Brintellix.... Started out with a small 5 mg dosage, didn't feel any positive affects nor negative. Which is positive, since I expected some serious nausea - so no side effects at all. Then 10 days ago my dosage was increased to 10 mg, still no side effects (this is the first antidepressant, that doesn't come with any side effect for me) I can't feel a huge improvement, but it seems like my mood is more stable, and concentration has improved. I will just have to give it some time. Overall I'm very happy that I started taking this medicine"

Simon NH November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I've only been on this med a few days but I'm giving it a 10/10 just to help round off all the scathing reviews. It has helped. I was very worried reading about the side effects, so I bite a 5mg tab in half after eating breakfast, and take the other half after eating dinner. No side effects, greatly improved mood. Also taking lamictal. This is after having a partial response to Parnate, dubbed the most powerful antidepressant on the market. I guess everyone reacts differently. We'll wait and see how the next few weeks go, fingers crossed."

davow (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "The drug is working miraculously well to alleviate social anxiety disorder acquired by a traumatic brain injury. However, the nausea side-effect makes it almost worth quitting. Often borderline to vomiting with it. An inadvertent side effect, this drug may improve cognition. A meta-analysis of clinical trials (Rosenblat, Kakar, McIntyre, 2015) posted in PubMed found that it improved psychomotor speed by 34% (P=.0001) and delayed recall by 24% (P=0.0007)."

Tim Horton (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I usually have awful side effects from antidepressants, but did not have any with this one. So far Trintillex is the only antidepressant I have been able to tolerate. It allows me to function. I actually sing sometimes which was so rare for me. I cannot live without it. Unfortunately, it is expensive (even with insurance). I would give it a 10, but I have to pay so much money each month to get it."

MDD Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on trintellix for over 6 months. I also had stomach issues with this medicine. I took a lot of Zofran along with the medication so I wouldn’t throw up. Once I got through about 3 months, I was able to take the 20mg trintellix tablet with my dinner. I noticed that the samples from the Drs office made me extremely sick versus my pharmacy, might have something to do with the brand of medicine because I do not believe this is generic at this time. It has helped my depression. My anxiety comes and goes in waves but I have a lot in my life right now that is worrisome. I also take namenda to help with chronic pain, that seemed to help also, neurotin, xanax, remeron, zenzadi, vistaril, and ambien."

Bridget Beth October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on this drug for 3 days and can’t take it any more! I feel manic, have lost fine motor control, and my heart is running as fast as if I had been—well, running. Not for me!"

Dolly75 October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I'm on 10mg and the anxiety/depression has greatly improved. I used to take it at night before bed, but then I found myself not sleeping well at all. I changed to around lunch time and some days I am so nauseous I can't eat lunch. Such a shame since it's helping with the anxiety and depression, but the side effects are killer."

sc0689 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "If you have been struggling with unsuccessful medications for years, you need to go get genetic testing. Do it. This is a fairly recent development which I just found out about two months ago, after taking various medications for depression and anxiety for 15 years. My genetic test results indicate that I have 4 gene mutations that make the use of SSRIs and SNRIs ineffective. And of course, those are the medications I have been taking since the onset of my depression. So I am making the switch to Trintellix. Too early to say if this will be the right medication for me, but it is a comfort to know I am at least now working with my genetics instead of against them. Genetic testing is not the silver bullet, but it is valuable data. Do it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "This drug works miraculously well for my social anxiety disorder, considerably alleviating a social anxiety condition caused by traumatic brain injury. Tried several other drugs and supplements before that were useless, but this one started working within days. But the nausea side effects make it almost bad enough to quit. Taking it after eating, feel sick for 20-30 minutes. Taking it on an empty stomach, borderline to vomiting for 20-30 minutes. An inadvertent but beneficial side-effect, it may improve cognition. A meta-analysis of clinical trials which assessed cognitive effects of depression treatments found that this drug improved psychomotor speed by 16% and delayed recall (memory assessment) by 24% (P<0.00001). "

Canuck100 October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have been taking 5 mg/day for about 5 weeks for my OCD and am starting to see cessation of intrusive thoughts. The intrusive thoughts are a form of anxiety disorder dating back to childhood unpleasantness that I was powerless to stop. So I think it's working, along with CBT. I want to warn people not to mix this drug with Flexeril as this can cause serotonin syndrome. You will know this side effect by dry mouth, restlessness, constipation and dysphoria. It goes away after a day if you stop flexeril. The label actually says not to mix with any pain meds, even ibuprofen and aspirin, but these are not nearly as toxic as flexeril"

Goat2 October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Been on Trintellix 5mg for about three weeks and going to increase to 10mg tomorrow. The first week, I got stomach pain, but not nausea. The second week I got diarrhea for 4 days and then I started to have headaches + panic attack in the evening. I take Xanax for that. I was diagnosed with atypical depression after several tests to rule out other illnesses. It took me about a year and I got more fatigued that I could barely walk. I was constantly hungry, used to wake up in the middle of the night, and had constant thoughts that I couldn't get rid of. My depression was triggered by prolonged school anxiety, I tried Zoloft and Cipralex but they gave me bad side effects. Trintellix is slowly increasing my energy and mood."

Gazz October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "10 mg Side effects I'm having: abnormal dreams and night sweats. No benefits. Still hungry and sad."

ninah October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I took Effexor and other drugs for years...Most of my life. I always had a level of depression that never went away including suicidal thoughts. When I started trintellix I had the stomach upset that is common but it went away after a week or so. But the benefits I got from it far outweighed the detriments. I no longer have those thoughts daily and in general feel better. It was such a positive experience for me, when my daughter was diagnosed, I asked them to put her on it too. Now we are both much better than we were. Hope this helps"

Family affair October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I’ve been on Prozac, Zoloft and cymbalta in the past. Zoloft was my last med. My grandma passed away so I bumped up to 100mg felt like a zombie. At 50mg which I know is low, I didn’t feel like it helped at all. Decided to try trintellix so I went off Zoloft in 2 days. Never had any side effects ever of withdrawal. Took 10mg of trintellix I though I was going to throw up everywhere. Can’t take on an empty stomach no one told me. I’m on day 2 of 5mg and the only complaint I have is stomach ache and diarrhea bad. I really hope this goes away I’ve had even enough issues with diarrhea in the past since I had my gallbladder out. Hoping for the best and it is really expensive tho look for the coupon online !"

Bluxx October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I started this medication for severe depression. My Doctor started me on 10mg every night, I was extremely nauseous from it - I cut it down to 5mg every night.. which wasn't much better. I decided me feeling dizzy, nauseous and vomiting almost daily, wasn't worth the hassle. I also oddly gained 10lbs from this medication. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.."

PJlover (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on several antidepressants before and needed to make a change. This medication was the worst experience ever. Major stomach issues and headache, but mostly the emotional side. Couldn't quit crying. I also didn't sleep for the week I tried to take it. Not for me. Do yourself a favor and don't start it."

Gracie 22 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I started traveling trintellix. For the first 4 days I threw up within 3 hours after I've taken it. After that I was still a little nauseous but not so bad as throwing up. I did get a slight headache and it was throughout the day very mild. After the third week the nagging headache and slight nausea was just too much for me to carry on. This medicine helped more than any other I've tried in 20 years but I just didn't like the side effects so I stopped the medicine. With my doctor's approval of course. So if you can hang on through the side effects and if they're not really bad for you this medicine would have been a 10"

Ktayt October 5, 2017