User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 181 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Depression 413 reviews 79 medications

6.1
Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 594 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication has changed my life. It's been a miracle drug for me after cycling through different meds for the last 3 years, trying to find what worked. I've powered through the nausea and vomiting and diarrhea for the last two months. Unfortunately I'm at a point that I am not sure I want to continue the medication due to the nausea. Beside that, I haven't experienced any other side effects."

Kristina123123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "My nurse practitioner was uninformed . None of the "NEW" meds worked for me. Every two weeks she would try another med. This meds was the worst. I had headaches constantly with this med. I have the impression she was not educated about the meds and the side effects."

Unhappy camper!!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on many antidepressants and they all make me want to snack and overeat. I gained a lot of weight on all of the other antidepressants. I was so tired of gaining weight. About a year ago I started taking Trintellix and I am no longer craving snacks all day. My depression was marked by feelings of irritibility and lots of crying. I feel 100% better. I think that this medication has worked better than any others I've tried. So relieved."

Feeling good in NJ April 26, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "All I can add is all I want to do is sleep!!! Nausea and diarrhea and general feeling of being sleep walking thru the day. Hard time concentrating not sure how I'm going to be able to find work since I don't feel like doing anything. But at least I'm calm snd feel things will get better. Now to just wake up."

Sheltiegirl April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication is fantastic. I have a lot more motivation and true happiness ( without the overstimulation that you sometimes get on Wellbutrin). I started on five then went to 10mg. After a week at 10 mg I felt like a new person, but with severe nausea. "

David-in-Denver (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It was very difficult titrating up to 20 mg of Trintellix. I started at 5 mg one week; 10 mg the next week, 15 mg the following week until I reached 20 mg. The nausea, vomiting, and dizziness were almost unbearable; I missed 2 days each week for a month while starting it. Thankfully I was on FMLA and was able to muscle through it. I have been through almost every SSRI, SNRI, etc and nothing but electroconvulsive therapy worked for me. After the first week on Trintellix I felt happy for the first time, actually happy, which is why I muscled through the side effects. I have been on it for a year now and it is a miracle pill. Make it through the first month and all side effects go away."

Jesstere April 24, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This med made me very angry. I lashed out at my family while on this. Definitely not helpful."

Sad blue eyes (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Day 1 on Trintellix. Have been on Zoloft for 1 1/2 yrs. It helped my PMDD immensely, but I started to feel like I was losing ANY emotions. Not sad, not happy either. Recently started to feel so BLAH that nothing I did brought me any joy, I could basically take it or leave it. I told my doctor that I wasn't sad, just wasn't feeling the "zest" for life that I knew I should be feeling. He switched me to Trintellix. I was reading reviews on it last night, just to know what to expect, so I had anticipated the nausea after my first dose. And sure enough, about 15 min later the wave of nausea hit me and then I was off to the bathroom. I'm more than willing to get through the side effects in the beginning if it means feeling more like ME again"

SunnySummer23 April 22, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm only on 2.5 my along with Celexa. I've had weird, disjointed dreams but they don't bother me much. No nausea as many people have seen. But I have had an increase in energy but it comes at a price...I feel like every muscle is tight. I've also experienced painful gas bubbles & a pinching in my chest & a feeling like my heart is pounding but my BP & pulse are fine. I've also been breaking out on my face. Even with the side effects it's made enough of a difference (3 years in a severe depression including suicide attempt) that I'll put up with them to feel this good."

Louski1964 April 22, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I used Brintellix for 2 weeks. Overall I didn't expierence any bad side effects, except a little bit of drowsiness or headache. It didn't affect my mood."

SMLR (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on most anti-depressants TCA's and SSRI's for 30 years as well as either Xanax or Klonopin. My Doctor started me on 10 mg of Trintellex 3 weeks ago. I have had none of the side effects others have noted nausea, diarrhea, or insomnia. However I was on a very high dose of Klonopin (from another doctor) that I have gotten down to 1.5 mg daily. I had been on Lexapro for the last 8 years and it just stopped working. My question is that I have been more anxious since starting Trintellex. I thought this drug was for both depression and anxiety ? Has anyone else experienced an increase in anxiety? If so has it gone away? For me anxiety is as bad or worse than depression. Any insights?"

NCdoug (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've been taking Trintellix for over 6 months now and it's helped me a lot! Taking it along with my anxiety medication and birth control has completely gotten rid of my suicidal thoughts and now my panic attack are extremely rare, and only when I am about to/am on my period. My only problem is that it hasn't done as well as psychiatrist has hoped, I still have some of the daze and haziness that prevents me from being able to do anything. Which isn't a very great point if you're on 20mg and your insurance will barely pay for it since it's new, leaving you with about 340$!!!! I still think it's done well by getting me stable and calm but still not really good enough for me, at least right now."

Suuuunnss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "One week at 5mg, three weeks at 10mg. No intolerable side effects, and it has by far been the most rapidly-acting antidepressant I've tried (I've been on four others). Unfortunately, this is because I cycled into hypomania by the second week on 10mg. Too bad! I didn't want to come off this drug, but it wasn't safe to continue. But hey, it worked - I don't even HAVE depression anymore, because whoops, I'm bipolar!"

hippomatic (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Been on 50 mg for 4 days. No real side effects and I think it's starting to work a little bit. I'm also being weened off of 60mg Cymbalta. I wonder how long I need to keep taking the cymbalta. Still also taking xanax .25mgas needed but seems to be getting less each day."

Mygirls123 April 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm on my fifth day, 5mg. Side affects too unbearable to try and continue to see if the affects subside. Unbearable nausea, diarrhea makes it impossible to leave the house. I was hopeful this medication would be beneficial I've tried so many without success."

bobbiegene (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Best drug for me so far. Very few side effects; I don't drink nor smoke so maybe that helps. Very happy I don't get the nightmares I used to with Luvox, Zoloft and Paxil. It's more effective than Wellbutrin too. Slight nausea, and at night every now and then a little tingling in my legs , but nothing I can't deal with. Very happy...."

terpsichore (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've had MDD for over 19 years and have been on numerous antidepression medications. Most recently my Dr switched me to Trintellix. I took it at night after reading about nausea side effect and had very little. Did have some itching (stopped within 2 weeks) and had bad irritability. My Dr added a small dose of Abilify and the irritability went away within a week. Thinking of switching from Abilify as add-on to Wellbutrin instead because of large weight gain which primary Dr thinks is from the Abilify. Overall it helped me a lot when nothing else was working anymore."

BonBon47 April 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I must say I am so surprised and starting to get excited again. These are feelings I haven't felt in years. I was told about Trintelix from a friend who said it helps stop the worry and Yes it does exactly that. I am pleased and I've only been taking it two weeks. Looking forward to brighter days."

Peace and hope again April 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I stayed on this medicine for about 3 months. I started on 5mg and worked to 10mg. I loved the way I feel on it but I cannot deal with the nausea it causes. Usually about 15 minutes after taking it the nausea sets in for about an hour to 2 hours. Some issues with decreased libido but other than that I had no other side affects. I finally ask my doctor to switch me to a different medicine due to the upset stomach."

ragan4bama (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The not-so-bad: I'm apparently one of the lucky people not to experience significant side effects. No GI issues or nausea, although I always take with food. The bad: No positive effects, either. Titrated quickly up to 20 mg, and in over a year Trintellix has done zilch to control my depression (or anxiety). My doctor likes it for some reason and has kept trying to augment it with various meds, with little success and many bad experiences. I've advised him I'm stopping it. Trintellix might work for mild/moderate depression, but for my MDD, it completely lacks horsepower. It's like trying to put out a house fire with a water pistol. I could just as well take Tic Tacs...at least they'd give me fresh breath"

Ratluvr (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've taken this almost a month now and my mood has changed for the better significantly! Insurance covered, but since it's pretty new my copay was $75/month I did find a website that had a voucher from that made it cheaper Side effects for myself: nausea/headache first week, redness in face, sore throat, excessive thirst the entire time, I'm constantly thirsty, I'm debating whether my mood is worth it, but I figure I could always use more water anyway lol I've noticed within the last few days my poop is green, unsure what that's about, but definitely a side effect. Gonna at least give it another month and go from there"

Lyss8504 April 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Bipolar with major depression. 10mg prescribed on NHS (UK). Waves of nausea for about 5 days. Then I felt OK for about a week. Then awful side effects kicked in. Worst medication I have ever tried. Stayed on it 12 weeks to give it benefit of the doubt but had to stop. Effects = bad mood, mood swings, irritably, snapping at other people, easily frustrated with zero patience, cravings for carbs and sugar The worst one -skin sensitivity - feeling like I want to claw my own skin off, not being able to stand clothes touching my skin or skin touching skin e.g legs touching each other. Horrible experience. Back to Fluoxetine for me."

Volps (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Since starting on the 5mg trintellix for a week I started to notice a gradual difference in overall anxiety and depression. For several months I had been taking Celexa with no change, then Lexapro with very little change. I take the 10mg trin in the morning and can notice more of a difference now than with prior SSRI's. I also take two 1mg dosage of clonazepam throughout the the day. For those who have tried so many others I recommend a start on the 5 for 7 to 10 days, then a direct increase to the 10mg. If the 5mg isn't packing enough of a punch. I've had no side effects but this med is expensive. Several pharmaceutical reps. I know also take it and have said they can tell a difference."

Dr. H MD (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "trintellix is awesome. Prior to trintellix, I was feeling empty, disconneted from my body and not wanting to do things. With trintellix, I am more motivated, happy, and outgoing. It has also improved my cognition incredibly, like as if i am on a stimulant. AWESOME DRUG!!!!!"

ololade464646 March 29, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "This drug has been the best Anti-Depressant/Anti-Anxiety medication I have ever been on. I have been off and on different medications for the past 10 years. (Prozac, Wellbutrin, Cipralex) The first 2 weeks on this medication were rough with nausea and vomiting. My doctor encourage me to push through the first two weeks which I did. After 2 weeks the nausea went away and haven't had any side effects since. It's the first medication I have felt a notable different with. My anxiety is very low. No more tightening chest, vomiting, diarrhea, not being able to breath when in a situation that would previously make me anxious. Only butterflies in my stomach now. I have never felt better in my life. Very optimistic. Is this what normal feels like."

Elise K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017