User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder
6.5

Depression

Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 6.2 762 reviews

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I started this med after being off prozac for 4 months First side effect was nausea Then tiredness but I'm really not sure if its drug related but my libido is flying up after been taken away by prozac. I am finally back to myself in intimacy!"

Tutu 123 February 17, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "My doctor started me on 10 mg for situational depression in mid-December After a month, I was able to have a conversation without crying (mostly), but still wasn’t where I needed to be. She increased the dosage to 20 mg and almost immediately I felt better. I have had no nausea; my energy level, interest in life and libido have all increased. I will say, I started taking the medication at night, but did experience insomnia. I switched to taking it in the morning and my sleep has improved greatly. I’ve had people who did not know what was going on with me comment that I look 10 years younger and happier. It has given me the ability to take care of the issues that were causing my depression. I don’t Know how long I will be taking the medication, but I am grateful for its effectiveness."

MamaKing518 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018

For Depression: "I've been on Trintellix for 2 years to treat anxiety. I had been on Celexa a few years before and didn't like how foggy and blunted it made me feel, but I was having trouble functioning without being on something. Going on Trintellix is without a doubt one of the best decisions I ever made and I'm grateful my psychiatrist prescribed it to me off-label. My physical symptoms of anxiety basically disappeared. My mood is much more even and I just feel more grounded and in control. I've gone through some very stressful life events while on it, and I was able to think clearly and react appropriately. I've finally felt how people without anxiety feel everyday! It's awesome! My only side effect has been nausea so I take it right before bed. I've gained a few pounds but nothing drastic. If I miss a pill, I feel a little light-headed but otherwise all of the side effects have been manageable for me. Luckily I can afford to take it, but it's not cheap. I pay about $55 a month with my insurance."

ampersandc February 7, 2018

For Depression: "So last year my psychiatrist talked me into trying Brintellix. I eventually used it for 5 weeks. On the first week the side effects were moderate. Light nausea, and sometimes headaches. The nausea disappeared during the second week, whilst the depression seemed to be relieving. Brintellix improved my focus, and also lifted my mood. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I was probably going to be okay. I even had a moment of happiness on my third week, which lasted for a whole minute. This hadn't happened in years. Unfortunately Brintellix eventually gave me shortness of breath, a bloated feeling in my stomach, and discomfort, so I had to quit taking it. It might have something to do with my asthma, but I'm not sure. Anyways, it's fair to say that it worked, and without the side effects, I would have continued taking it. It is the only thing that has worked for me so far."

jonfin February 5, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've been on this since early November for my Dysthymia. The first week or two I was a bit woozy, I would feel completely knackered after taking it and would feel nausea, I took two weeks off work until it stablised. This usually happens about 30 minutes after taking it. I still get these side-effects and they bug me. I also noticed my body temperature increasing about an hour after they kick in and I would start to sweat. After about two hours these symptoms pilfer out.. I can't say my thinking has changed, I feel a bit more levelled out, my sex drive is the same and after about three weeks my sleep improved somewhat. They are quite subtle. Alcohol just makes you feel more nausea, so it may be a good drug for alcoholics! I've noticed by my third month I was farting more and I would have occasional diarrhea and have a dry mouth in the morning."

Shamutta February 5, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "3weeks on Trintellix 10 mg. So far I’m feeling like my old self. I'm more outgoing and engaging in conversations and meetings. I feel clear headed unlike the others I tried. A little sickness I the morning really is ok for me to be sharp the rest of the day. No weight gain. And I’m not tired in the evening anymore, so I’m getting more quality time with my kids and family. Again. Only on week 3 but I love where I’ve headed and looking to see if it gets better."

dillydilly (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on this medication for 3 months. I've tried so many and I get all the rare side effects. Well this seems to be the same. Although I am not gaining weight at 2.5mg. My ears have been ringing since day 3. Dr tried increasing to 5mg then 10mg and I was emotionally raw terrifying. I have since been put back to 2.5mg and although the ringing is crazy...I am getting over my sons death a bit better."

Nana of 8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medicine saved my life"

Brigi (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Turned me into a compulsive gambler overnight which led to fraud and near bankruptcy"

Landie January 29, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on multiple antidepressant trials.” Well-loft” was one of the best combos for me, but apathy, lack of focus, and mental fatigue wouldn’t cease... so I traded 2 pills for Trintellix. Yes, nausea- horrible- vomited a few times at first. But... Pro’s: first antidepressant with NO sexual dysfunction, NO weight gain, NO apathy, NO weird dreams. NO foggy brain...My sleep cycle is right on the money! I need 9 hours. Anxiety is 100% resolved. Cons: the cost. The company makes the pills in almond shape so you can’t break them in half to save money... smart. Come on generics...patent still has a while though"

PsychNPdreamer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2018

For Depression: "Have only just recently started on this medication and it has got a few bumps that you need to overcome but funnily enough it seems mainly like physical side effects like slight nausea & tiredness but almost none mentally. I felt better emotionally almost straight away, some slight anxiety but nothing major & the fatigue seems to have passed and the nausea is only slightly annoying - not like you want to vomit - just a niggling kind of tense stomach which ginger seems to iron out well enough. Fingers crossed!"

camarchie (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Terrible headaches every day. I tried 5mg with minimal help for GAD. Doc upped me to 10mg, but that made me so tired I could barely function, so back down to 5mg. I was on it for 6 months and gained 20lbs. Tapering off now with severe mood swings. I’ve tried EffexorXR, Lexapro, and this and I always have the same results. I don’t think SSRIs are helpful for my anxiety, it always comes with way worse side effects. Now I have to drop this weight and figure out a nondrug solution to my anxiety."

MiDwesternGAD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This has been my miracle drug. Nausea is definitely a terrible side effect but went away for me in about two weeks. However, I give this a 9/10 because due to the expense of this medicine I had you stop taking it when I lost my insurance. Almost a year later (and nothing else working) I was able to get back on Trintellix 20mg. Typical nausea again but this time I was breaking out in EXTREMELY itchy hives. I had never had hives or allergies before. I also didn't think it was Trintellix because I had taken it for a few years before (it was brintellix then). Well it's the Trintellix and doctor ordered me to stop which sucks! It's helped wonders with my depression, PTSD and derealization episodes."

Nicole 1086 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "After many years of trying different antidepressants, my doctor prescribed Trintellix. After about 3 months, I started sleeping 9-12 hours a day, was extremely apathetic, and had no motivation. I had all kinds of tests done because none of these were listed as side effects. I ran out of my pills over the holidays. After being off Trintellix for six days, I woke up feeling like the bell jar had been lifted off of me. Now, a week later, my sleep is starting to get closer to normal, my empathy is returning, and have had more motivation. I also gained weight."

fishing buddy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After I had my first child, I went through post-partum depression which later turned into major depressive disorder. I had been hospitalized for self harm/suicidal issues 3 times within one year. I no longer have thoughts of suicide, crying spells, or self harm habits. I enjoy life now and can actually reflect on the past year and see how awfully sick I was. This does cost me $60 with my insurance which sucks but I am happy to pay the amount as my life has improved greatly. This is the longest I have gone without having to switch medications due to it not working. I thank God many times over for this relief."

Kandiimom January 11, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on 10 mg trintellix for 1 year now. I feel like the depression cloud that had been hovering over my head is gone. I feel good emotionally. The downside is I do feel lethargic. The lethargy has made me more sedentary which has caused me to not exercise as much. As a result I have gained approx 20 lbs. According to the BMI chart I am considered overweight. My sex drive initially increased while on trintellix but has since tapered off. It could be the result of lethargy and weight gain. I can honestly say that if you can get past the lethargy and not worry about weight you do feel pretty good on trintellix."

Melancholy January 10, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication has changed my life. For me the cons are: I have energy to go, go, go which I have never had, I feel happy for the first time ever, my panic attacks have completely stopped, I look forward to my future, I am so calm with everyone where I was being very hateful and snappy before, and I am no long afraid everyone is watching me every time I go in any public setting. I have not experienced any side effects. If you need a motivating, calming, make you feel happy med I suggest trintellix. Diagnosis: PTSD, Major Depression disorder, borderline personality disorder, OCD, and anxiety."

Happy12985 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I had previously given Trintellix a rave review on another site. Since that time, I have been suffering with pancreatitis, which the doctors could only attribute to Trintellix, as I had no other contributing factors, AND pancreatitis is a known side effect of the drug. Trust me - you NEVER want pancreatitis! This is something you would only wish on your worst enemies. From now on I will look at the side effects of every medication before even trying them."

Trixie001 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2018

For Depression: "I am on this for Generalized Anxiety Disorder with panic. I have been on several different SSRI medications for panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder (Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, ProZac) and have even tried Cymbalta. None of them really helped either my panic or my anxiety & my panic got so bad that I was having depersonalization/derealization symptoms along with depression. I was so nervous to try Trintellix but I am so thankful that I did. I started on 10mg and am now on the 20mg and I feel so much better. I no longer have the constant worry/depersonalization/depression symptoms I had in the past and finally feel like myself again. I'm an RN & believe medication can help. Please don't be ashamed in taking something you may need. NO ONE should have to live in constant fear and anxiety."

anonymous00099999999999999999 January 3, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Saved my life and helped me with my ADHD as well. I now have a permanent job that I love because this medicine turned my life around."

Mary123000 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve been on this medication for exactly 8 weeks. I started tapering off Pristiq and onto Trintillex at 5mg for 2 weeks, then 10mg. I had a really difficult time with Pristiq withdrawals and thought that’s why I was so nauseous. But the feeling has never left. I’m so nauseous every single day, all day long. I have no appetite, and the nausea is interfering with my every day life. This is worse than morning sickness!"

KJH3 January 2, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After having been on sertraline for years for MDD at increasingly higher doses and hence pesky side effects I'd had enough, felt like I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety, which it was supposed to treat. Plus I weighed more than I wanted to in spite of exercise and diet. Doc prescribed Trintellix and holy cow, I will never take sertraline again. I have had no side effects, well, dry skin, but that I can manage. No brainy-type side effects, I don't feel sedated at all, but I do feel calm and no depression. No longer craving carbs. I only wish I'd known about this medicine sooner. I feel like myself! The pharmaceutical company has a "loyalty program" for helping with the cost, do check it out."

DoingTheBestICan (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Went from being on Zoloft for a long time to this. I also take Wellbutrin in the morning and Seroquel XR at bedtime. Had a week or so of feeling icky in the morning but powered through it because I really needed this med to work. After two weeks and going from 10-20mg I had a "HOLY MOLY, I FEEL AMAZING" moment. Levelled off after a few weeks but I feel so serene and that good positive feeling still hasn’t left after a months. I am thankful to have stuck out the nausea and gave this med a real chance. I understand it’s not for everyone but for me, it blows any SSRI's I’ve ever been on out of the water. Worth it!"

NaythanielC December 21, 2017

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Trintellix... It's been pretty good for me, it's kind of lost it's efficacy over the length of time I have been taking it now but it is one of the only ones that works for me it seems, so I stick with it. I'm on 20mg max dose currently. The only thing was the bad nausea, it was yucky at first but then it got a lot better. I don't have anything bad to say about Trintellix really, it has helped me quite a lot actually, just have been on it for quite some time now but I work with it as that's a big part of taking these meds. Gotta work with them to get the best results. But anyways, just thought I would jot down and share my own little experience with Trintellix. Peace."

Graham Howard (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2017

For Depression: "This drug saved my life. I was horribly depressed, worse than I have ever experienced! I was sickly thin from depression and stress, I looked horrible and my face had broken out with acne terribly. I did not want to be alive at all. I had planned my suicide but I decided to keep on and wait for this to work just a little longer. 3 months in and I am super happy, more motivated, active, fit, hopeful... the list goes on. The bonus of this drug is it did not destroy my sexual side. All systems go on that end ;) Keep at it, give it time to work."

Ladyzeppelin83 December 15, 2017