User Reviews for Vortioxetine

6.7

4 reviews
Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 6.1 795 reviews

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "After chemo and radiation my anxiety and depression was through the roof !!! I tried several meds and it only made my situation worse. Then I was given Trintellix at a very low dose. Nausea was very bad so I asked my Doctor about taking ondansetron. This is a anti nausea med I had taken during my treatment. I take one 8mg with my Trintellix and now have zero nausea ! I am now living life again!"

Ellie (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This has been the worst medication of my life. In September I started Zoloft for anxiety and depression and started becoming much more depressed then before therefore my doctor had me try a SNRI instead because I have been on 3 other SSRIs. Within 20-30 minutes of taking 5mg of trintellix I had stomach pain and GI discomfort. For over 4 hours I experienced horrible pain, was extremely nauseous and throwing up/dry heaving, and experienced horrible diarrhea. The side effects were so horrendous I lasted only a week on the medicine hoping the symptoms would lessen but after a week I couldn’t endure any more time suffering from the side effects."

Junie April 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I started this med after gaining 10 lbs rapidly on Vibryd. Once I started this, I lost the weight and it has worked just fine. No significant side effects for me and I am sleeping like a baby."

Ashley (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've lost 6 weeks from my life trying this medication. I've had nausea, headaches..."

Yassinn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I realize that we all respond differently to medications. This drug may work well for others but it was not the drug for me. Caused aggression and severe anxiety. Reported symptoms to my doctor and he doubled the dose and told me to wait 6 weeks. After 2 weeks, I called again and stated that I was worse. He started weaning me from Trintellix and weaning me onto Lexapro. After the third dose of Lexapro, I went into severe serotonin syndrome including coma and seizures. Near fatal drug interaction with Trintellix. Please educate yourself on the symptoms of serotonin syndrome!!!!! Looking back, I was in low grade serotonin syndrome for about 8 months, since starting Trintellix. The addition of another SSRI sent me over the edge. I have taken another drug for 23 years and have never experienced anything as horrific as this drug!!!"

Kiki (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I’ve taken many medications over the past 20 years for Epilepsy, depression and generalized anxiety. Lexapro since it was approved. It lost its efficacy so my psychiatrist and I agreed to give 5mg of trintellix a try. (While remaining on the Lexapro) He wanted to start me on the lowest possible dose to see how I handled the side effects. Everyone reacts differently to various medications so this is just one voice but I can not emphasize enough how horrible I felt. Extreme GI bloating , stomach cramping and vomiting. Yes all possible side effects. Never felt compelled to write a medication review until now. If you have depression and this medication is offered as a first option I would strongly advocate a tried and true older SSRI. The majority of studies are showing the “older” ones (Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft etc) are just as effective. Again if anyone’s life has improved by taking this then that’s great. For me it was a nightmare."

Dave S. (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been different antidepressants over the years. I am currently on 20mg of trintellix a day. My crying hasn't stopped at all. I can cry over anything or just thoughts in my head. Has anyone else have this experience? I have always been tired."

Diana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I LOVED this medicine until the weight gain, boating, and constipation became too much to handle. I've tried all the SSRI's and the only one to help regulate my sleep was this one. I felt calmer, focused, and in general more in control of my life. All the SSRI's make me gain weight and this is one is no different. At first I lost weight then rapidly gained until my work pants no longer buttoned. And I did diet and exercise during this time to no avail. I didn't want to buy a new wardrobe so I gradually came off, I was weepy for a week and now my insomnia is back in full force. Wish I could take this again! Maybe if I lose the weight I will try again? Also if you have private insurance get the coupon from the website and it will cost you like $12 a month."

Zippie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I was on trintellix 10mg for 8 months, and overall it was fairly effective at relieving my depression and actually giving me a positive mind set, but the side effects when starting it were pretty bad. I didn’t have very much nausea, but for the first week or so I was on it I was very dizzy and spaced out. But side effects aside, it worked fairly well, better than citalopram and fluoxetine."

Alex1357 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "After years of suffering depression and trying various medicaments, I finally got my life back. Energy is back, my whole being is feeling awesome!"

Olga (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I was prescribed Trintellix 10mg for anxiety about 4 weeks ago. It is working wonders for me so far. For the first 2 weeks I suffered terrible constipation and I pooped myself on two separate occasions. I didn't even know I had to go! My bowels are finally getting back to normal and my only lingering side effect is an itchy forehead and ears. Weird but not overly bothersome. Lotion seems to help. I have not experienced any weight changes. The drug seemed to kick in and start working almost immediately which was also great. If I hadn't poo'ed myself I would give it a full 10."

Damaz3s (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I had the most difficult time finding an effective antidepressant. I tried sertraline, citalopram, escitalopram, buproprion, and amytriptyline. I had many side effects from each of them and the only one I was able to tolerate for a longer period of time was citalopram. However I was still having side effects, particularly fatigue, and episodes of major depression. A friend on his psych rotation recommended a few newer SSRI's so I talked to my doctor and decided to try vortioxetine. I had a surprisingly rapid response to the medication with minimal side effects (nausea during 1st week). Within a few weeks I was feeling better than I had in the past 5 years and I was not experiencing any side effects. It makes me so happy to finally find something that works for me and to be feeling well for the past two months. Everyone's body is different but if you are having difficulty finding a medication I would recommend trying this one. It has honestly changed my life. Covered by medicaid."

135908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Depression: "I used Brintellix 10mg over 2 years in depression and anxiety. First six month or so I think it was working. My mood was better, life felted easier. But in last year the drug had been totally useless. Long list of side-effects but very little help to my problem. So quit taking it and changed it in herbal medicine instead. And it's been good choice to my anxiety and depression at this point."

Sariana (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was put on 10mg Trintellix for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). It has been a blessing. I call it my miracle pill. I started feeling different after a week of taking it. I have been on it for 2 months and the improvements has been amazing. I have no anxiety, I feel happy and started sleeping again. Only the first 3 days I felt a little nauseated, but it lasted like 20 mins and it was gone. No other side effects. Simply it work perfectly for my. Give it a try. I was very reluctant of trying it because I was scare of the side effects but I am glad I took the leap."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Had bad depression for about two years before starting to take this drug. I've been on a lot of psych meds in my life and once you get passed the first week or two side effects (which is with any psych drug really) it’s a miracle as you don’t have cloud thinking. Most of the time patients don’t stick to medication long enough to get past the side effects that make them not feel like themselves and this drug made me feel like myself so I’ll take the initial nausea any day over being depressed. If you can afford it take it over all others. My boyfriend is an MD but not a pysch doctor of any kind so he has no incentive to sell the drug and he was the one to have me try it because among his doctor friends it’s what they recommend and take for depression over anything else. The reason doctors don’t widely prescribe it is the price tag."

Allison (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was already taking trazodone 200mg, bupropion 300mg, And buspar, though I can't remember what the dosage was for that. I wasn't doing well, I was crying all the time, suicidal, a mess. Checking myself in wasn't an option. My Dr. gave me some samples of trintellix. Mind you, I do shake a little, barely noticeable, from the bupropion. By the 3rd day I was shaking uncontrollably. End of week I was weeping, constantly, over everything. But the worst thing? My memory packed it's bags and moved out. Seriously, there was no retaining anything. I couldn't think, process, focus. I stopped at a week. The effects lasted months. Pay attention, have someone watching you, and stop immediately if this happens. You'll know quickly. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying, beware, we all respond differently to all these meds."

Pmbourque March 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "This is without a doubt the worse medication I have ever taken. Nothing but nausea and constipation for the past four months. I have a Drs. appointment the first part of April and will discuss with him since I have to have something, but Trintellix is not it. I am only taking 5 mg., tried to go to 10, but could not tolerate it and now I am back to 5 and can't tolerate that either."

Alex (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

For Depression: "I have been feeling like not socializing for a while now. I added this drug to my regime. First I was dizzy, then sleepy, then emotionally blunted, then my neck felt weird, and finally, ears felt a little buzzy. It's finally wearing off. I'm a trooper when it comes to meds. I've tried some bad ones. So don't get scared by my review. If I was in a severe depression, I would be so happy to have this med. It is very strong. But I was just not depressed enough to warrant pushing through. I imagine this is a great med for someone in a major depression. It was fast acting for me. But I'm just going through some emotional issues and I didn't want to feel blunted. Like I said, I'm already on meds that work, so there was no point for me. I feel like a normal person on my meds- this added to the mix made me feel like a hospital patient."

searchingforthecure (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I suffered from major depression!! I tried trintellex and I'm feeling a lot better."

Kee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2018

For Depression: "I've been on this for over 1 year. Really kept my depression away, even after my son's Melanoma with 4 cm brain tumor and then his death. Lost sister-in-law 24 days later. Still depression wasn't overwhelming. Now, I've developed stomach problems. It really was a miracle drug, but not sure I can keep taking it. Take other medication for pain, so not sure it is totally Trintellix problem. Not sure which way to go now."

Dee0822 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I was sceptic after reading the reviews on this especially with the side effects but it's changed my life! I feel so good and did not have any of the mentioned side effects except for maybe 10 minutes of slight nausea in the beginning and that was only a one time thing. I will put up with nausea every day if I have to. A small price to pay in exchange for the relief of depression and good feeling this gives me"

chrysanne (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for : "I do have anxiety disorder. I tried remeron worked well. I start trintellix 10 mg for a week, felt better the day after but didn't sleep for a week then decide to take 5 mg in morning. First 4 days just wanted to stay in bed. Day 5 ,felt so good I did grooming, cooking, went outside. Sleeping is a bit better( using imovane and ativan). Cross my finger and hope that I have finally find the medication to stop anxiety."

Framboise22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I’ve been on 5mg for 5 days and I'm supposed to increase to 10mg after 7 days but right after I swallow it my stomach burns like on fire for 3 hrs. I’ve tried eating before (but no appetite) so not able to eat much. I’m hoping stomach pain subsides when I go to 10mg if not may need to switch to another one."

Sadness (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After nothing else worked then came Trintellix. So far the only antidepressant that has worked me. I’m back to my old self!"

only1chris8204 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have maybe experienced sporadic minor relief but my side effects (nausea, hives, headaches, sudden and explosive vomiting, sexual dysfunction) only get worse. I have never experienced a totally depression free day on this medicine. I doubt a good doctor would prescribe this expensive medication unless he/she was very receiving some sort of incentive from the pharmaceutical company. It is really worthless. I’d be better off taking arsenic, probably."

Drew (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2018