User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 161 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Depression 391 reviews 80 medications

Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 552 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've been taking Trintellix for about 3 weeks and have been miserable. I know a new medication takes about a month before being able to tell if it works. From day one, I have had a headache, crazy dreams, a constant banana taste and cotton mouth. The dreams are disjointed, overlapping and exhausting. The banana taste is like that artificial flavor like taffy or snack cakes. It is constant, even after eating pickles. I am constantly drinking something to try to get did of the cotton mouth. I have a traumatic brain injury so my brain is wired differently. I'm taking 450Mg Lamictal and 300Mg Wellbutrin and now Trintellix along with it. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to stop taking the 10Mg of Trintellix"

Mysticopiate February 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "It feels slightly more effective than Prozac. I was slightly nauseous for about 24 hours after my first dose. In my opinion, the only downside to Trintellix is the price."

jhh13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "My husband started taking this medication when he was depressed at work (and in the cold darkness of Finnish winter). After a few days, he suddenly became irritable, hyper-sensitive and seems to not recognise that he isn't the only person in the world and he is hurting other people. Now, two weeks later, he thinks he feels good and refuses to acknowledge that he has become a very different person, he thinks he has always been this way. Maybe he does feel good, but I am not the only person who has noticed and complained about these personality changes he refuses to acknowledge. The man I am living with is not my husband and has done nothing but yell at me for the past couple weeks. This medication ruined our marriage quite efficiently."

LisKit (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Experiencing a little nausea. It seems since I started this medication 1 week ago I can no longer stomach coffee. My Dr. is weaning me off zoloft. Zoloft zapped my energy after 3 years. Dreams are vivid but sleep is good. I am experiencing nocturnal erections again and my libido has increased."

Middle Aged Dad (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have tried over 20 different medications, and Trintellix is the best fit for me. I always describe its effect for me as "being able to turn everything down in my head." I can see how this might not be a good fit for others as it might certainly aggravate "feeling nothing" or "feeling detached." However, as my issue is primarily that I feel TOO much and am unable to step back from my emotions and intrusive, racing thoughts, Trintellix's "detachment" is extremely helpful for me. I do get nausea for the first week upon taking Trinellix or upping my dosage; however, this subsides for me. I was on 10mg for 8 months and have now increased my dosage to 20mg in hopes of it being even more effective."

justagal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I tapered off Paxil and started 5mg of trintellix. This has been the absolute worst week of my entire life. My panic and anxiety have not stopped a bit, I have been nonstop dizzy to the point where I can't even hold myself up, my eyes will just randomly cross for no reason. I spent the first few days crying on the toilet because the pain in my stomach was so unbearable. Day 5 I called my doctor and I was instructed to give it a little more time, so I did. I tried to live my normal life, but couldn't. I cry at the drop of a hat. I called my doctor in tears this morning because I woke up and could not walk, I was so dizzy. If you want to feel like you've smoked crack and meth for a week, try this crap. It's a horrible nightmare."

Tuhlily (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Little beneficial change in mood with serious vomiting problems"

Jock777222 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "This caused night terrors (the weirdest dreams of my life), absolutely horrific panic upon waking up, constipation worse than an opiate, aggressiveness and anger, uncontrollable shaking, restless leg syndrome, headaches, nausea, terrible gas and bloating. It's basically a research chemical approved by the FDA. It was only 'discovered' in 2011. Yes, the first day I was on it I had a sudden uplift in mood, but other than that ..... this stuff is poison, I'm convinced of that. I've been on many different antidepressants in my life. I did not combine brintillex/trintillex with anything. I had not been on an antidepressant for months before starting it. Do not take vortioxetine. It is not safe."

BasicallyAResearchChemical (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Been on this drug for almost 4 weeks now and I'm thinking of coming off. I'm taking it for depression, generalized anxiety, and bulimia. The first week was great--it took away most of my appetite, including my binge urges. After about a week, they returned. I still experience some nausea and so I've been taking the drug before bed. My mood and anxiety aren't any better and I'm experiencing sexual side effects and feeling more drowsy. I think I may also be experiencing some emotional blunting."

Raspberrycoffee (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was on this medication for about 4 weeks. I kept telling my doctor from the first week that it was making my depression worse but he made stay on it for four weeks. I was crying all the time, lying in bed and having severe really badl thoughts. Not a good drug for me."

kennedy12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Terrible experience with this drug. I have been on it for 3 weeks and lost over 2 stone in weight from vomiting daily. I am so weak. It has not helped with my depression either. I have now stopped this medication and awaiting etc to treat my low mood. I wish I'd stayed on venlafaxine and never touched vortioxetine."

Mrs bailey (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I've suffered from major depression for 20 years and I've been on everything including ENT. Started 10mg of this Tuesday and it's now day 7. No side effects what so ever. Today for the first time in years I feel the darkness of my life is lifting. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks on this medicine will do. I'm hoping I'll be energetic again and want to do all the things I've stopped doing and loving life again. Will review again in few weeks. I have high hopes keeping my fingers crossed."

Chickee3g (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I had been on Celexa from 2002 to 2014, 20 mg a day. My doctor told me about Brintellix (now Trintellix) and I switched to it about 2 and half years ago. Since I am also on Wellbutrin, I only needed 5 mg of Trintellix a day. Can't say that it makes me feel perfect, but it helped with my depression and anxiety disorder. Today is the first day that I have not been on Trintellix, but still on Wellbutrin and I am feeling about as even keel as I have in a while, not experiencing anxiety or depression at all. I'll see how it goes in the next few days, but if I keep on feeling like this, I will stay just on the Wellbutrin and not go back to Trintellix."

odiugelcnu February 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I had been on generic Lexapro 10mg for about 18 months and it treated my depression well, but I gained almost 40 pounds, was a bit sleepy, and was experiencing sexual side effects. I was scared to try something else but the weight gain was just too much, especially since it seemed to continue. My doctor gave me Trintellix 10mg samples which I've taken for a month and what a difference! I no longer feel sleepy all of the time and the difficulty in achieving orgasm is gone. As for the weight issue, i'll have to see if it helps. I feel much more "normal" than on Lexapro as far as energy and mental focus. The only downside is I do feel more anxious and have more nervous energy, so I don't know how well this drug would treat anxiety."

KC66 February 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "December 2016 I started on 5mg of Trintellix. I'd reached a point in life, 65, where my life was more than I could ask for: good job, strong marriage, good friends, healthy, and yet I lived a dark cloud of fatigue and disconnection, lacking excitement and motivation. I was just maintaining. So I tried Trintellix. I'm now on 10mg. For me I've had little to no symptoms, and a rebirth of joy, motivation, and creativity. I've also added a weekly exercise routine at the local Planet Fitness. Between diet and exercise I find this modern medicine to be a miracle. Of course I realize my body will probably adjust to this feeling and I wont' be quite 'euphoric' forever, but I now know what feeling good feels like."

Modern Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Started taking this a week ago, the 5mg tablet. I was originally on Zoloft but it was making me depressed so my doctor offered me trintellix. It has been helping my PTSD A LOT. I am rarely anxious now except situations that would make a normal person anxious and I don't feel depressed. I wasn't depressed previously but the Zoloft caused me to become depressed and cry a lot. The nausea is pretty brutal however. It comes on very quickly and I will salivate a lot but so far have not vomited. I am still going to give it a try because it's one of the first medications to help my PTSD. I would rather deal with the nausea then be stricken with severe anxiety all the time."

Whitepine February 9, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "My Dr. Started me on 10 mg with a two week sample. Caused upset stomach and that flat bland feeling like your on antidepressants. Which would be OK, except I suffer from GAD not depression. Went down to 5 mg and feel just right. I still feel anxious sometimes. but no overwhelming feelings. Haven't needed to take any benzos in months. I feel like me . It has been almost a year and it still causes stomach upset if I don't take with food. Sometimes more is not better. I would recommend giving this one at least two months before you decide if it is working for you."

. Ane February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My psychiatrist wanted to get me off Effexor, which was making me extremely irritable and hypersensitive. He weaned me off of it VERY quickly, while he had me start taking Trintellix. That first week was pure hell - and I know it's because of the fast weaning of Effexor: horrible digestive issues, mood swings, random crying spells, etc. Now, I'm now into my 5 th week on Trintellix (for MDD) and clonazepam (for anxiety), and I can definitely feel myself starting to "level out." I don't have major mood swings, no crying spells (thank goodness), no physical side effects, and I'm not so sad about things. But overall, I still feel depressed. So I'm hoping he'll increase my dose at our next appointment. So far, it's looking good. Will update."

It's Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I was very depressed after negative situation happened in my life, not to mention I had no job and didn't get out of bed. I went to a psychiatrist whom then prescribed me Zoloft. After about a few months of him increasing my dose, I told him I stopped taking it because it did not work/help (I told him each time he increased the dose). Unfortunately he told me he couldn't help me anymore. Thankfully, I found a different doctor ( APRN). The first day we met she decided to give me a sample of Brintellix (10mg). I LOVED it and how it has changed my life! Everyone saw a huge difference too! I'm a completely different person, with no depression. Also my anxiety has dropped tremendously."

Lauren Alexandra (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I've tried most of the meds out there, so me and my doc decided to try this although he said it didn't do well with anxiety. I'm happyIi tried this cause it really helped get rid of my anxiety and stress from work and anxiety I have in the afternoon. Have been on this 6 months now on 10mg. Really happy with it"

qqii February 4, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I've tried most of the meds out there, so me and my doc decided to try this although he said it didn't do well with anxiety. I'm happy I tried this cause it really helped get rid of my anxiety and stress from work and anxiety I have in the afternoon. Have been on this 6 months now on 10mg. Really happy with it"

qqii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "After upping dosage to 20 mg my vision started messing up. We lowered it and are titrating off of it now. My vision is still messed up. I can no longer see through my glasses very well. I'm seeing a specialist next week. My head throbs as wee and nausea. My vision better return or someone will be in trouble."

JREH1956 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I just got prescription for trintellix I have a question for the people that is already taking the medicine. That is does this help with sex drive? Am afraid to take it because most of the medication I tried have that side effects can you reply to me?"

Mara Mary January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "This greatly helps my depression and anxiety so far of been on them a month and its good. Anyone dealing with the same symptoms should give it a shot."

Sante (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have not tried this; however, I think it is importatnt to emphasize proper diagnosis. Most people do not undertand what type of depression they have. I have bipolar depression, which is not approved for this drug. Being kicked into a manic episode could be deadly."

Tess2016 January 29, 2017