User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Depression
6.1

Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 6.1 961 reviews

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for : "Trintellix helped with my panic disorder but now I’m trying to get off of it cos of side effects. First of all this stuff will kill your libido, you will have no sex drive, no feeling in your sex organs and you might as well join a convent. Second is alcohol, if you’re young and single and like an occasional drink do not go on this drug. I had a half a glass of beer and it made me so dizzy I had to go home and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. So no sex, no alcohol. Now I’m trying to get off this drug (so that maybe I can have a social life again) and the withdrawal symptoms are horrendous. I wish my doctor never gave me this stuff in the first place."

NY/NJ person (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Trintellix gives terrible stomach pain - would not recommend"

hootie March 12, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Trintelllix is expensive but worth every penny for me I take 2 mg at night of clonazepam and 10 mg in the morning of trintellix and felt great even help with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) pain"

Omarrivas6969gmail.com March 12, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm 25 years old woman with major depressive disorder + social anxiety for 8 years (with episodes of agoraphoby). Trintellix solved my major depressive disorder in almost 3 weeks!!!. I was very sceptic with the antidepressive meds but this changed my view about it. I'm very happy with this antidepressant. I feel nauseated at times but compared with the symptoms of depression is negligible. Of course this is not a magic bullet, changes in your lifestyle are required: exercise, healthy food, no drinking/smoking... Hope this med help you :)"

Canary13 March 11, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on effexor and just about everything else (hated getting off effexor - they don't warn you about the addiction before hand), but for the first time ever I can say I am back to a solid, stable 'normal'. Haven't been this happy and upbeat in well over a decade. All the others seemed to help, but I always had small dips and still struggle a lot with fatigue. I took about 2 months for total affect to be realized, but I am very happy. As always - your mileage may very."

cypherdude (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Updating my review as I have now been taking Trintellix 10mg for 5 weeks. Feeling great, no nausea unless I drink a glass of wine. I was taking in the morning but it was making me very sleepy early in the evenings. Now I take at about 2:30 pm and that is working great for me. It has regulated my sleep so that in itself has changed my life! It has really helped me with my severe social anxiety and my low feeling is beginning to lift. I have no feeling of being medicated at all. My insurance is covering it thanks to my Dr. and his prior approval letter showing other meds did not work for me. My copay is $60 and there is a savings card with Trintellix on their website that brought my cost down to $10."

FigsMama (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Worst experience ever. Made me angry and violent. In the 6th week I felt suicidal. I have tried many other anti depressants and none have ever made me feel that bad."

odhy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

For Depression: "Been on Zoloft for 9 years excellent for panic attacks but the weight gain was to much, so went on voloxtine 5mg, not good as I had too much muscle twitches in my calf’s, and useless for anxiety, coming off and going on to lexepo, horrible pill. I am in the UK."

Gaza (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2019

For Depression: "Ineffective with mad nausea as only side effect."

tomnik February 25, 2019

For Depression: "I have been on vortioxetine for 4 weeks , I have found that it is ok as long as I don’t drink coffee too soon after taking it (as it makes feel nauseous) and it is taken on its own ( not with other medication) I did this on the second day and the pills must have reacted and I was violently sick for 8 hours ,I was reluctant to take it again , but I did and since then I have had no problems. it has helped to lift the brain fog and my head feels clearer ."

Almaz (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken almost all of the antidepressants with varying results but mainly side effects I couldn't tolerate for the past 25 years. I began taking Trintellix 3 months ago. Starting with 5 mg. It took away my appetite and I lost 10 lbs. Now, I am up to 20 mg. a day and am feeling better. My mood is up and I have more energy. The only side effect is a slight problem falling asleep and my appetite has returned. However, the good out weighs the bad and I am hopeful for the first time in many years."

Trudy1910 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I am updating my review of Trintellix. I have now been using it at 10 mg night for 5 weeks. Feeling better everyday. One thing I had a problem with is getting really sleepy early evening (around 5pm) so I started taking my dose at lunch time instead of first thing in the morning. That is working wonderfully for me. It has regulated my sleep patterns! Also a major plus is that it has helped me with my severe social anxiety. I am so happy that I was able walk into a fast food restaurant, order and sit and eat by myself! And enjoy it! I am 56 and never have done that before. I so hope this medication helps you friends and if not hope you find your happy place wherever it may be. Oh one more thing..the cost. I have Cigna insurance and of course they denied paying for this as it is a level 3 med. My Dr. was able to get me approved since I have failed on other AD’s and the copay was $60.00."

FigsMama (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have Dysthymia, Social Phobia and I moved from Zoloft to Trintellix and got worse. I started using it to have more energy and initiative. However, I began to oscillate between being aggressive and sad. If it wasn't for Vyvanse (I have a severe ADHD), I couldn't get out of bed. I've already used 15mg and I'm now on 10mg with almost 6 months of use. I intend to stop and switch back to Wellbutrin XR - and maybe Zoloft - which is way more effective. Trintellix is ​​a lie: it has an abusive price and does not cause any significant change. This medication is garbage and a waste of money."

darkeye999h (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've tried several other SSRI's for MDD. Lexapro had me puking every day. Prozac made me a zombie. Paxil gave me an energy boost and worked well, but developed severe sexual side effects. Cymbalta seemed to be the best, but I got into a really bad funk and it just wasn't enough. After entering into counselling once the depression became debilitating, my therapist had me follow up with a Psychiatrist. He switched me to Trintellix and it is hands down the best drug I've tried. No side effects. He also put me on 10mg Dexedrin 3x a day for ADHD which was previously untreated and the combination has been amazing. I told my wife it's like jogging your whole life with ankle and wrist weights on and then all of a sudden someone removes them. That's the mental change I've felt on this drug combination. My depression scores have reduced from about 20-30 to 2 as of today. I hesitate to use the term "miracle drug." But it has definitely been an answer to prayer."

Thadius Watkins (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Reading so many other people having bad issues with this drug has me somewhat concerned. But at least for me so far, I am thrilled with Trintellix! It is not cheap but my insurance pays a good deal. And I have a good job. So I am completely willing to pay. I was taking Vibryd. But it stopped being effective. I have had no nausea or stomach issues. I have only been on it about a month. It was working much better than Vibryd within a week. I am much less irritable. No sexual side effects. I take this for both depression and OCD. It is not labeled for OCD. But antidepressants typically also work for OCD. And it does for me."

Paul is better (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

For Depression: "Started on 5 mg for anxiety. Within 4 days my anxiety had lifted a lot, I felt more steady when walking, then after about day 7 the good effects went away and I was back to what I was before. Moved up to 10mg, same thing, then moved up to 15 and finally 20mg. No side effects until I reached 20mg. Constipation and bloating every day. Did work okay for anxiety, definitely felt better than I did off meds. Didn't do anything for OCD and obsessive thoughts. Depression remained neutral. Seems like it's good for minimal side effects. Eventually came off of it since I was at the highest dose and wasn't seeing full effects. Used the savings card and paid $10 a month."

Jgo94 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Depression: "After experiencing every secondary side effect of Zoloft, I decided I couldn't keep on it, so with the docs recommendation I went onto Brintellix. It was a tough call, as here in Australia it is not covered by the PBS, which meant I was out of pocket $40 per script after private health insurance rebate, and there would be 4 months of the year I'd have to cough up the entire $72/script when my health fund rebate limit was reached. Not helpful when you're on a benefit. I went from 10mg to 15mg then to 20mg. It kinda worked but what was a total surprise was the huge amount of weight gain in a very short time - over 7kg on two months!! I was already a few kg over my ideal weight but am now nearly 15kg from my ideal weight. I'm now back to sugar reduction, Intermittent Fasting and Interval Training cardio. There is now way that the lack of that regime, and diet alone can account for the massive increase in weight that now sees me the heaviest I've ever been."

The Lone Loon February 1, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I'd have to say its just ok, I have to take this drug at night due to getting so sick from it. When first starting on the 5mg I had more energy was sleeping better. Now on 10mg I'm exhausted most of the day and little to no motivation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I give this a 10, however the cost makes it a 1! I am dealing with post partum depression. I was given a 30 day sample. I took it right before bed, slept amazing. Had some loose stools the first week but nothing bad. When I went to pick up a prescription it was $375! Even with a savings card it came to $275! Now I’m trying something different and terrified. The first meds I tried made me a zombie, which I can't be when living and looking after 3 kids."

MammaMia (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have suffered for about 10 years with depression and anxiety. Never suicidal, but I have just always felt like the world was passing me by. So my Dr prescribed Wellbutrin XL 300 mg about 2 years ago and the first 6 months worked just ok. I think it really disrupted my sleep patterns and stopped working completely on taking the edge off the depressed feeling a few months ago. I gained 30 lbs in one year on Wellbutrin, which made me more depressed. A week ago Dr prescribed Trintellix 10mg. The first day I felt a little nauseous, but it quickly subsided after an hour or so. I didn’t realize what a funk I had been in until the Trintellix. I do not feel medicated at all. The fog is lifting, I feel so clear and normal. From the 2nd day I have felt like I am sleeping like a normal person and am able to get up early and get going with my day, clearly. I am hoping my insurance will cover this, my Dr. has assured me he will get me approved and will keep me in samples until then."

FigsMama January 25, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I wish this medicine worked for me, but the nausea was relentless and didn't help with my sleep. By 20mg, my mood had never been better, but the nausea only got worse and had to stop. (PLUS: The cost of this medication is horrendous. Even with insurance, I paid out of pocket around $100 a month.)"

Victoria M (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

For Depression: "I started Vortioxetine yesterday, it seemed ok . So second day (today) I took both pills escitalopram and vortioxetine at 10.30am about 10 minutes. I was violently vomiting "

Duncaring January 22, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve been on Trintellix 10mg daily for about four years; this last Spring of ‘18, I upped to 20mg. I felt my depression was getting bad again. I did see improvements with the higher dosage. I also take Propranolol daily for anxiety, which has helped significantly. In the last three months, my depression and anxiety symptoms have returned almost full force. I just started reading about side effects with both meds, and am putting some important pieces together. Within six months of beginning Trintellix, I began experiencing constipation, stomach pains, and mild joint pain. The symptoms were so bad, my Dr had my gall bladder removed. Nothing has changed. Now, I can’t help but connect the symptoms to Trintellix- can’t be 100% sure, though. Trintellix served me well for a period of time, but as usual, I’ve developed a resistance and need to search out another option. I hope this is helpful to those looking for more info on possible use of this Rx."

JC28 January 21, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I asked my doctor for Trintellix by name, and he said he’d never prescribed it. I liked that it claimed to have no impact on weight, as many other drugs have weight gain. All I can say is there’s a reason the pharma companies spend what they do to advertise a drug so heavily. It’s because they are trying to generate business for a marginally effective drug. I took the lowest dosage and felt it helped my depression marginally. The issue was it gave me severe insomnia. I’d go to bed at my normal time and just lay there wide awake, almost manic, which was due solely to Trintellix. This was taking the medicine in the AM upon waking, not at night. Unfortunately, I could not handle the insomnia, especially for an only marginal improvement and got myself off this terrible drug."

cmcdallas January 21, 2019

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "In the beginning this medication was helpful for my depression. However the side effects were horrible. I experienced nausea, vomiting and diarrhea continually. I had to stop taking this medication due to the side effects. They were unmanageable for me."

Bergie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2019