User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 128 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Depression 318 reviews 80 medications

6.1
Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 446 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Vortioxetine

For Depression: "Hello: I have taken 5mg doses once a day for the past 2 1/2 weeks for High blood pressure and stress. I noticed no effect and had none of the bad side effects I've heard of here. One thing - I do think I am dreaming more. Not nightmares but very vivid dreams. I may be a little calmer during the day but I can hardly notice *any* changes. I will stay with this for a while longer and see what happens."

Stork1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Depression: "Have tried a lot of meds over the years. This has been gently helping. Just started the 20 mg level. No severe side effects. I like it."

Wiinniii (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm sure there's people out there who'll benefit from this drug. I'm just not one of them. I noticed a headache after just one day of being on Trintellix. The headaches became persistently worse and were soon accompanied with nausea. Now, I truly believe my doctor made a mistake prescribing this to me because I made him well aware of the fact that I was taking anticonvulsants. Nevertheless, I had several terrible seizures. After just one call to the hospital and a visit to my neurologist, I was told to stop taking it all together. Let this be a lesson: refuse this medication if you have epilepsy or a history of seizures. I'm appalled a psychiatrist would even give this drug to an epileptic!"

Emily Sickens Sons (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Depression: "I've had depression and anxiety all my life and tried about 10 meds. Started a week at 10 mg & now at 20 for month. Constant nausea, cramps, morning gas and have gone from lifelong constipation to loose bowels. No other meds have ever shown a benefit including this one and I usually gain 10 lbs. I was using samples and just got an rx last week & cant shake this migraine, could have been PMDD related also but I keep having cramps days after my cycle stops. My pharmacy wouldn't even order it without making me promise to get it on auto refill because they don't keep it in stock because of cost/popularity which I cant afford. Caused petechia (busted blood vessels aggravated by nsaids) in my legs to come back that Zoloft created 3 years ago"

KellyandPeanut704 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication has helped me so much! I tried Prozac, Zoloft, and Lexapro before starting this medication. I felt much better in about 3 days with Trintellix. It is so nice to have more focused energy and be able to function again at work as well as having fun with my kids again. Great medication!"

Mike C from NY September 20, 2016

For Depression: "First off I'm 47 and I have suffered off and on from panic attacks and anxiety since my college days. This is the first drug that has worked on both. Not only that, but I only have to take the medication 3 days a week 10 MG and have had zero side effects. I work nights so not sure if the drug effects my sleeping. I think the only side effect is I seem to be thirsty all the time now and I have gained a few pounds. But, no panic and no anxiety since I started the meds 8 months ago. The only thing I worry about now is some FDA report coming out soon saying the drug is not safe..."

Photoguynky September 19, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Started this almost 3 weeks ago, no side affects except dry/flaky skin on hands , now week 3 nauseous 24/7 and headache 24/7, nothing is taking the headache away not imatrex (RX headache reliever) not excedrin NOTHING. I can't even eat , I feel like it's going to just come right back up. It's like it built up in my system for weeks and now my body is rejecting it. It made me feel better emotionally but physically I can't take it, I just want to stay in bed cause I feel like crap... I know it's the med cause it started on the exact day I started the 3 rd sample bottle. I'm stopping it. I haven't had a headache like this in years or been nauseous."

West2012 September 19, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I just started this medication today and felt the nausea and upset stomach within an hour of taking it. Food felt to heavy for my irritated stomach so I decided to make a protein shake with a scoop of Matcha green tea powder and some Almond milk. After finishing the shake I felt relief from the nausea and my energy went up. It seems like it would work great if it didn't irritate the stomach. I'm going to give it another few days and if the nausea continues I'm stopping it."

Hopefull909 September 17, 2016

For Depression: "I am on this medicine since 5 days , zero side effects, I got confused after reading all the reviews about nausea , disineass and all others so called my physician and said this is very normal and depends on people , will continue and write another review in a while"

Fadixx7 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

For Depression: "This is the only drug that I have found in my life that has worked. It was hard to get started on this med. Itching and hives for 2 weeks, then 1 month of diarrhea (basically just passing water), nausea (but not extreme). Start at low dose. Seriously, I do not see how anyone can hold a job while starting this medication. I have a mthfr gene mutation and I am sensitive to medications so take that into consideration. It has helped a lot with depression but not with anxiety. It has been the only drug that has NOT caused increased anxiety and agitaton. Psychological side effects are much more bothersome to me when trying to get on a med than the physical side effects. It was darn near chemotherapy. Still increasing dose slowly."

Haven't Sprouted A Tail Yet (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve been on Brintellix for a year now. My anxiety and depression were to the point I couldn't handle even little issues; I worried about everything and I couldn’t stop my brain. I have tried many medications over the years and this by far is the best. My life has changed for the better; I feel calm and am able to handle whatever life throws at me. I only wish it didn’t cost so much, I’d hate to go off the meds but with the price I’m not sure how long I can afford it."

Rosalou September 7, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Been on it for depression and anxiety. It's only been for about 4 days now but while it does make them go away, I'm experiencing emotional bluntness. I can feel my emotions there a little but I don't feel them fully. I also keep waking up to sore jaws from the clenching. Sleep is worse as well."

IrisAdele September 6, 2016

For Depression: "I have been on medication for over 20 years for Bi Polar 2 Disorder, on everything including Lithium. The only things that worked at certain times was Wellbutrin and lamicten ( which stopped working no matter beyond the max and illegal dose after 7 years) and then Lithium, but the weight gain was too much which caused more depression. This was my last chance, next was shock therapy. Since taking Brinttlex, I had 1 day nausea and no side effects at all! So surprised!!! And so very happy that I finally found something that I wasn't sensitive too as I was with all the others 250 meds I've tried. For the first time I felt what I would term 'normal'. Feeling fresh in the morning, and focused, motivated, and my memory recall improved considerably and slept well!"

Phoenix 1 September 3, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I am taking 70 mg of Vyvanse and also taking Contrave (which contains Wellbutrin). I was feeling ok, but multiple tragedies kept me in a severe state of depression, anxiety and overwhelming sense of apathy. every day I wanted to die. The dr gave me some samples of this med to take with current meds, and last night was the first time I took it. I did feel nauseous, but my doc had told me to take it at night and with food, so that helped since I went to bed once I started feeling sick. I woke up with so much energy. I actually sprung out of bed ready to take on the day, and looked forward to it. I was shocked that it had such a fast effect, but so happy because it's been a really long time since I've felt this good. Hoping it will last."

Flygirlll (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Felt positive effects immediately at 10 mg. Had one day of diarrhea and some nausea but that went away when I started taking it after dinner. I'm going to ask to be bumped up to 20 mg on my next appt. Very happy with Trintellix. Works better than Wellbutrin, Pristiq or Lexapro and side effects are much less."

Tyler2214 August 25, 2016

For Depression: "I am on 10 mg per day. During the first couple of weeks I experienced some feelings of nausea, and that subsided. I have to say that Vortioxetine has been excellent for me, as it generates a feeling of peace and wellbeing that I have not experienced for some time. The other very positive aspect of this medication is that I have been able to shed quite a number of kilograms, which is something that I was unable to do on other AD medication. The positive of that is that feel good, lose weight, feel better, lose more weight, higher daily motivation. I am totally satisfied with this medication & would strongly recommend it to anyone contemplating a change of AD medication"

Greygrunt August 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am 18 years old and have suffered with major depression for 7 years. I tried cymbalta (hellish) and now this. this works ok but it makes me have mood swings. I'm fine one second and the next I am punching and breaking things. maybe it's just me idk"

Macyyyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I want to preface this review by saying that after years of taking things that did not work, I did a pharmacogenetic test to see what exactly my DNA was compatible with. As it turned out I'm not compatible with much. Only Prozac and Trintellix. Prozac made me angry and foggy and I was still having not-get-outta-bed days. But Trintellix was a game changer for me!!! I felt better very quickly and is the only drug that has ever truly worked for my depression. I will still have depressed moments. But I can get out of the bed. Sometimes I've even been cleaning the house etc. and crying at the same time, but as long as I'm able to still be on the move and not shut down in bed, that is progress to me. I'm truly thankful for this medication"

KY Kim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

For Depression: "This medicine does not work, no benefits from this at all, it is also advertised that the drug can improve your cognitive performances, for me the opposite is true, I feel a lot dumber! My personal and not medical advice is to stick with older medications since vortioxetine is relatively new on the market and not so much about this molecule is known."

RicyEsp (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

For Depression: "I've tried a few antidepressants and this one worked immediately. What I like is that I wasn't wonder whether it was me or the drug that was making me happy, I was just happy with this. Other drugs make me not care, but this is like a real narcotic where it just instantly makes you happier! The side effects are bad, yeah-- constant nausea and stomach aches, but if that's what it takes for me to function then so be it. My insurance may not cover it though and I am on the last week of my samples right now. The doctor told me it would take time to feel a difference but I felt "on" the first time I took it. It is definitely a stimulant because my jaw hurts a little bit. But at least I'm not crying anymore!"

Daisy3101 August 18, 2016

For Depression: "Hello everybody, i gave this med good 15 weeks to do its job but it never delivered actually. Social anxiety went down quite noticeably, but only as a result of unnatural sedation or rather "robotisation". I almost missed being "pumped up" by social situations (quite absurd as it sounds), so empty was this "calmness" that vortioxetine was installing within me. Sleep was good, everynight dreaming, though no recollections. Definitely an increased apettie resulting in almost 10 pound weigth gain. Overall feeling of being tired, sleepy, lethargic and apathehtic. No interest in anything really. Erections and orgasms unaffected, but libido singnificantly reduced. Ocassional nausea, lasting few minutes. Wish you luck in your med search !"

apatientpatient (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I began Brintellix @ 5mg/day. I was under a tremendous amount of stress at work (throwing up from anxiety on my way to work). I did not have any side effects and this may be because I had been taking Effexor for the first time ever in the month leading up to this. Effexor gave me terrible nausea and general strange feelings. I stopped the Effexor when I began Brintellix. Brintellix balanced my moods and even helped with my anxiety, which I have been told it tends not to help with. Within a month or so I felt normal again, I hadn't felt like that in years. YEARS! I was enjoying music, gardening, and WANTED to exercise again, and that helped tremendously. I SLEEP SOOOO MUCH BETTER! My pysch Dr was shocked insurance covered the drug."

CaliMike August 17, 2016

For Depression: "OK I went to a new doc and told her about my anxiety. She said this med was a huge antianxiety plus a little antidepressant. I've been taking it for about two months. I've never gotten nauseous or sick but I'm 6'2 320lbs so who knows. I do agree with previous posts about being more sleep oriented but I got over that. I'm no longer anxious and get on with life better than before. I guess a big part of medication is the "want" to improve and this med helped me to follow through with that goal. If you want something to pick you up and show you how capable you can be give this a try. If not Money lost. Experience gained"

JoeShmoe1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This was definitely lifesaver for me. Before, i was suicidal, depressed and simply unable to focus on anything. This medicine helped me to regain back my focus and general improvement to mood as well. Despite the nausea that still persists 3 months into taking the medicine, this is something i wouldnt mind since it did help me to cope with my depression. Pricewise, it is indeed rather expensive (4 bucks per pill in my area) so do discuss it with your doctor."

Ericcc August 16, 2016

For Depression: "If you really hate yourself, and wanna go through hell, this is the drug for you. I took one 5mg dose, and that was all it took to have a miserable two days. Nausea, diarrhea and gas, headaches, and an overall achey/sore feeling were present throughout. The worst thing though, was the fatigue. I've never slept that much in my life. I was awake for about 4 hours total the first day, and even then I didn't have the strength to stand up I know that my experience may not happen to everyone, but is it really worth the chance? There's bound to be other drugs out there that can help you, without all these side effects. This drug never should have been approved for use"

RevChurch August 13, 2016