User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 209 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Depression 448 reviews 79 medications

6.1
Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 657 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Vortioxetine

For Depression: "I too have had symptoms of concern which is what lead me to these reviews. I had the nausea, which lasted for a couple of hours after taking it. This morning I took my medicine with salty crackers, symptoms gone. I found this info thought I would share, hope it .Low Blood Sodium (Hyponatremia) - ... Healthline › health › hyponatremia Mar 28, 2017 - Common symptoms of low blood sodium include: weakness. fatigue or low energy. headache. nausea and vomiting. muscle cramps or irritabilityHyponatremia (Low Sodium) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - What Are the ... eMedicineHealth › home › topics az list Oct 19, 2016 - Patients may complain of with headache, nausea and vomiting, lethargy, and confusion. If the sodium concentration drops quickly to critical levels, seizures, coma, and death may occur. If dehydration is associated with hyponatremia, weakness and muscle aches and cramps may co-exist."

ME, watching Sodium levels (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I ended up in the hospital with major hyponatremia due to this medication; and only on it for one week. The doctors did not know why I had such a low sodium level and it was due to the Trintellix. Caution should be taken."

babipuffin (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Not a fan. Doctor switched me from Lexapro. Within two days I was nauseated and my balance was thrown. Same with taking 10 mgs in 11 days. Now I'm irritated and normally not on Lexapro. Going back to my old SSRI on my own. Still have some left. I'm giving up on Trentillex since my husband is ready to leave me if I continue."

Cdn1967 (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on just about every antidepressant out there. I have even had 38 treatments of electro convulsive therapy. Lamictal a mood stabilizer and klonopin have been the best for me. Prozac had the least side effects for me and I liked it. But Dr. Suggested trintellix. Would have to say it is the worst antidepressant I have ever been on. The first night I took it within an hour I vomited 3 times. And then I got a horrible migraine. I never throw up!!! I rather be depressed than ever take trintellix again. I think it works because you are too sick to think about being sad!"

Female 37 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This worked well for me at 40 mg/day. My doc said it was ok even though only 20 mg is the suggested max. Although it really helped with my MDD, I also had tremors in my hands. They were problematic enough tat I stopped the drug. Back on old reliable Zoloft 150 ... Works fine!"

uncle al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Like others, on different meds for over 30 years. Others helped some, but for me, this has helped tremendously. Unfortunately though, I would have to pay more than $300 a month. I have been taking samples. I know this can't last. Working with my insurance company. Maybe I can get them to change their mind."

RENE d (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "12 months on Trintellix, 20mg. No side effects. Still mildly depressed, but functioning ok. I'm 44 years old and have tried all the other SSRIs and NSRis and this has been the best so far. The others caused me much unhappiness with side-effects and brain fog and depersonalisation."

Porcupineface (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My Dr. started me on samples of 10mg and it seemed to help my depression and especially my constant crying I am now on 20mg a day that is taken in the am. I also take 18mg methyphenidate ER in the am. My crying spells have decreased tremendously and I seem to want to do more around the house. I still have a lot of anxiety and take clonazepam 1mg recommended by my Dr. three times a day, but I usually take just 2 tablets at night sometimes 1 during the day when I have an anxiety attack. I think I have been on every type of antidepressant for more than 25 years. I wish my insurance would not charge so much for the rx."

nonmane July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Worst antidepressant out there. Ruined my life. I took 5 mg for a week, then 10mg for 2 weeks, gone up to 15mg but couldn't persist because of unbearable itching so went back to 10mg for another three weeks. I stopped taking it because it was completely unhelpful, all in all - 1.5 months with this drug. When I quit it I began experiencing withdrawal symptoms: Brain zaps, muscle twitches, tight muscles, extreme agitation and restlessness, no focus or concentration, loss of memory. I'm writing this review almost a year after quitting this drug(!) and still the symptoms persist. I think that it caused permanent brain damage. If you've been hurt by this drug like me, spread the word! If you're considering taking it, STAY AWAY!"

Nobrint (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I was crying every day, and now after 3 weeks taking this medication I'm stable. I feel like my emotions went away. I have headache often, eyes pain, but no nausea at all. I take it before bedtime. I'm better emotionally, not happy about the headache."

Andrea2017c July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I'm on the fence with Trintellix. I had been taking Zoloft for about a year and a half with no problems, except I started to lose all emotions...not happy, not sad. No motivation. My doctor suggested Trintellix, so I switched and have been on 10 mg for about 3 months. I feel nauseous every time I take it, but it's tolerable and just passes. However, yesterday, about 30 min after taking it, eating and having some coffee, I had to run to the bathroom to vomit, like a lot. Today, I also feel even more nauseous. I'm surprised after 3 months that it is still just as bad, if not worse. However, from a mood perspective, I feel SO much better. Not sure if lowering the dose would help or what, but any suggestions would be helpful :)"

sunny23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've tried many anti depressants and this helps me the most. I cannot afford it though. I'm all out now and I won't be able to get it now."

Becca.cockramgmail.com July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've been taking trintellix for 3 months now. My doctor gave me samples for 2 1/2 months to try it out. It worked for me. No side effects, or nausea like some people have reported. At first my insurance denied coverage but after an appeal, I was covered. When I picked up my script it was 470$ I do feel a little extra sleepy at times, could be a side effect. But other than that I feel pretty good. However I still am not on anything for anxiety because they stopped giving benzos. I do take lamictal at night for my mood, but it's not enough. After trying at least 10 meds, I am pretty happy with this one."

Anonymous2100 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Hi, Like others, I have been on medication for 10 years, effexor that is @ 300 mg a day!! Now I see that is wayyy to much! I should of researched it when I started effexor. Coming off of Effexor took a month of SLOWLY weaning down, still was really, really bad... The worst it felt like! I went for 4 weeks without any depression meds, I wanted to see how I would feel. The first 3 weeks after my last dose of effexor @ 75 mg every other day for a week, (so u know where I was chemically), the first 2 weeks after my last dose of effexor was wonderful, I thought I am OK! The third week being on 0 antidepressant I was really bad shape, mentally. So I made an appt. With family doc, told him how I felt and he recommended Trentillix. Continued"

The Bull (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Don't believe the hype. Brintellix is awful. I was on it for 6 months, it didn't help with the MDD, and if anything it made it worse. Plus, I couldn't exercise because of the horrifying abdominal cramps it gave me :/ If it works for you then that's great, and I wish you all the best. But for me it was a disaster."

Anonymous678904fgbh July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I think this AD needs to be reformulated. The early upset stomach and headaches are awful There does not seem to be any real lift from depression but a muting of your emotions. I just feel FLAT and listless."

Snqr July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My doctor started me on this drug after Prozac (which gave me terrible side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, sleeplessness, anxiety) and cipralex/lexapro (which didn't change my mood at all) both didn't work for me. I was about four months shy of my 18th birthday, but, according to my doctor, it was alright since I've achieved my "adult body". This medication is, by far, the best one I've tried. No side effects at all, and a great improvement to mood. I'm giving it a 9/10 only because it didn't cheer me up the way Prozac did (despite all the side effects) but that could be due to my lifestyle and not the medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "This is by far the worst medication I've tried. I got severe nausea from it every day even after 6 weeks, it made me extremely agitated and mean and grouchy, and it raised my anxiety a ton!"

Worst medication I've tried (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "This medicine... I feel like there is something wrong with it. The first three weeks, I was nauseous all the time. I did have a feeling of euphoria for the first couple of weeks despite the sickness. The weirdest side effects were the loss of taste and smell. Seriously weird. I couldn't smell any odor at all and as for taste? Nothing. I could eat jalapenos straight out of the jar like they were m&m's. It was crazy!!! I finally stopped taking it. I was still anxious and found myself to be listless and tired, so why bother? Besides the symptoms were too much to deal with. I have been off Trintellix for almost 3 weeks now. I'd say that my ability to taste and smell are still at 25%. I'm worried that they will never come back."

Jhawkins0522 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started on Trintellix at 10mg and after about 6 weeks I feel like I still didn't feel it was helping a whole lot. A few weeks ago my Primary Dr said to up it to 20mg then and that same week I found out when getting my annual through the OBGYN that my Thyroid medication that I've been on for a good 5 years had to be increased from 25Mcg to 50Mcg about 2 weeks ago. The primary Dr was going to take over and check how the thyroid medication was doing in about 8 weeks. So I'm not sure if having this thyroid problem right now, if that's way the Trintellix hasn't really kicked in for me or not? They say if your having thyroid problems it can cause depression and anxiety. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see?"

SNEID July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I absolutely hated this whole ordeal I have been through. I will start by saying everyone is different and if you are doing great on this medication then I am happy for you. I did not fair as well. It first started with the anger. I am normally not at all angry (I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder mainly) so freaking out about the tiniest things are not me. But I wanted to give it the full 6 weeks so I carried on. Next was the Tinnitus. It was in both ears about once or twice a day (as a 25 year old female this was not normal for me), but again I carried on. Then the horrid anxiety and panic attacks came and didn't go away. Then I woke up with horrid muscle aches and almost convulsion like tremors. Went to ER and was told to stop meds."

hailsmarie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "After trying several other pills and combination of medicine, this changed my life. I had Depression, ADD, anxiety. With this one at 20 mg, my depression is gone, my ADD is better and I can focus better. I can get up in the morning and take my dog out for walks, which was impossible before because of my anxiety. When I started taking this, the side effects were bad. I itched throughout, I couldn't sleep and I was nauseous all the time. In two weeks time that passed, but when switching from 10 mg to 20 mg, they came back. After two weeks the side effects were again gone. In a long term use I haven't noticed any side effects after the first few weeks. I think this is the best medication for me."

Outi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm only on my 4th day of taking 10mg of Trintellix, "hence a rating of only 7" as I've not been on it long enough to describe my mental state. I have been on every SSRI there is, with Lexapro being my top choice, however it stopped working after about 6 years with NO libido. But within the first dose of "Trin" I felt a positive change in libido. Seeing the world in black and white has turned to vibrant colors for once. Cons: severe nausea only on day 3 (felt as though I had the flu) and itching was simply horrific. Took Vistiril (Hydroxyzine) and all was right again! Normally a $40 Co-pay with current insurance, but they offer a "Savings card" on their site, which brought my co-pay to only $10 for a monthly supply on 20mg. Request Vistiril"

Mommas323 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on this med for just about a week and have not felt this sick in my entire life. I am having hot flashes, nausea, light-headedness, balance issues, chills, dizziness, can't focus--my body is even twitching in weird places. Every second of the day and I feel like I am about to vomit. I went onto this medicine because I had been on Paxil for several years, but wanted to try something that is supposed to have fewer sexual side effects. I know there is an adjustment period for all medications, but this one is too severe for it to be worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have an awful film in my mouth. I sleep too much. I have no energy. I am very worried because it seems like I have spasms in my esophagus. I do like this prescription because I do not cry all the time. Too expensive."

Saundra Lynn June 21, 2017