User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 116 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Depression 293 reviews 78 medications

6.2
Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 409 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Only been on it for a week and a half so far. The first few days caused dizziness and a bout of nausea about an hour after taking it with food. I don't get nauseous taking it anymore. I still get dizzys every now and then but they're less intense now. I can already tell a difference in my mood. I'm excited to see my future progress"

RachelE2010 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I'm taking 10mg as prescribed. I didn't feel the need for it but the Dr. recommended it. I'm hoping my sex drive will increase and to be more patient when driving (not as irritable). I'm still in week one but I do have multiple side effects: nausea, head aches. I really hope they stop soon. I'm still optimistic about this med. Reading some reviews on here helped. If it doesn't get better, I'll just stop."

Charlie_14 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

For Depression: "Started at 5mg for a week and then went up to 10 after stopping Pristiq. First two weeks I experienced extreme nausea and diarrhea but it eventually subsided. I also was very lightheaded the first few days adjusting to the medication. Now the only side effect I have noticed is extreme fatigue. My mood has improved quite a bit just not any improvement in motivation."

Anonymous July 21, 2016

For Depression: "This is the third med I've tried for anxiety and mild depression. Been on it for a week and I hate it so much. I am so dizzy, I have major diarrhea and feel worse than I started. Contacting my doc in the am and changing asap."

Staceykk (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Depression: "The nausea hit hard, even when I took it with food. But the worst part was I became extremely paranoid. I did not hear voices but it cost me big time. I had written my brother a check. I became so paranoid that I stopped payment on it. It cost me and my brother cause he ended up being overdrawn. And as far as helping my thinking... it did the opposite. I was so nauseous and paranoid... definitely not clearer thinking. Back on Prozac and doing fine."

Blue2021 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Worst experience ever! Doctor says to push through nausea...yeah not happening! Vomitting violently 20-30mins after taking one 5mg pill!! Nausea, dizziness and many other symptoms worse throughout the week. On day 6 and giving up now. Never have I been so violently sick (vomit) in my whole life! I would NOT recommend to anyone! "

Alicat26 July 14, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I had tried for about 18+ months to find a medicine that would help my depression. I bottomed out and was contemplating suicide. My doc prescribed me Trintellix. I noticed a difference the very first day. I was skeptical at first, but I got better and better as the days went on. I had a few occasions of nausea, and even vomited once, but that all went away after about a month. Trintellix saved my life, literally."

Finally relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

For Depression: "Over the years I've taken A LOT of different antidepressants and Brintellix was the worst antidepressant I've ever taken. The side effects were unbearable. Constant gas, diarrhea, neasea, and throwing up. The relief was slight, the side effects were enormous and disrupted my entire life. I could barely go to work much less go out with friends and dating was out of the question. Started on Fetzima and my mental and physical state was back to normal."

Anonymous July 13, 2016

For Depression: "I started getting nausea the first day on half of the smallest dose. 4 doses and I'm crying, have diarrhea, can't deal with anything. Cant get a hold of the nurse that prescribed it. Miserable. Crisis centers couldn't help. Its been hell. Don't try this unless you can get immediate help from your psychiatrist."

missingmatika July 11, 2016

For Depression: "This medication has been a miracle worker for me. I tried 15, yes 15 different medications ranging from SSRIs, SNRIs, mood stabilizers, and tricyclics ... This is the only one that has worked for me. It basically "turns everything down" for me. I have horrendous anxiety that causes my depression, so the dampening is a huge relief. I had nausea and other digestive issues for about a week, but those subsided. I've been on this medication twice now: I stopped when I wished to become pregnant and restarted after my daughter was born."

PinotNoir87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I can't express enough how much Trintellix (VORTIOXETINE 20mg) has helped save my life and mind. There's not one antidepressant or depression medication I haven't taken. I've had all of them and never cured my chronic depression. I started to take nothing and gave up hope just wasting my time on a pill that was like a sugar pill ( basically). When abilify came out, it was all the hype and now it's generic. Abilify worked then stopped. That sucked terrible. Trintellix is just like the new abilify, extremely expensive and hard to get. A couple years, it will be just a regular medicine. It is a miracle in a pill, AND I AM BLUNT HONEST ABOUT ANY DRUG. If it's shit, I will say it, but they did this one right on key whoever designed it that is."

Logan Foster July 8, 2016

For Depression: "Started Trintellix right after I finished my 6 weeks of TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation). Best med Ive been on for depression! Felt a little nausea at the beginning, but have been on 20 mg for over 2 years. Psychiatrist and therapist think the TMS, along with this med, had helped me immensely."

SoCalme (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been taking this for over a year. Fortunately, I never experienced any of the side effects described by many people here. I always have such high hopes when trying something new for MDD. This medication did not deliver the hoped-for miracle of no more depression, but I must say, my mood has improved to a degree. I am able to get "up" for certain activities now, where this was very difficult while on other medications. This has lightened my mood better than Viibryd or Cymbalta."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I started Brintellix the first month it came out, after trying numerous other medications over the years; SSRIs, SNRIs, MAOIs, tricyclics, and other classified antidepressants. Those that did help with tolerable side effects lasted maybe a year or even several years. None seem to do well in the very long term. I worked my way slowly to the 20mg Brintellix dose and very helpful without noticeable side effects. I do require a small dose of an atypical antipsychotic to control the suicidal thinking, currently Rexulti. Recently, my doctor increased Brintellix dose to 25mg and doing much better again. Prior to that, I lacked desire to do things, anything. Now very active again. I've had no adverse effects from this medication. Time will tell"

MDD most of my life (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 1, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "It early days for me but so far I'm impressed. I'm feeling like the younger (well) me and the only short lived (3 days) side effect for me was slight nausea, no vomiting and healthy appetite. I only started this med 2/52 ago after taking the (for me) awful Mirtazapine which completely zombified me. I not one to quit too early so gave Mirtazapine 4/12 (titrated up to 45mg). The Doc kept advising the sedative sides would pass but never did. I was completely dysfunctional on them. Simply things like making a pot of coffee were time consuming and perceived as complex. So I titrated off them, done a little research re sides Vs benefits and requested a Precription of Vortioxetine from my NHS GP, was px 10mg due to previous high tolerance. HAPPY"

Marty54 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Depression: "I've been on this for 2 weeks and don't think I can ride out the side effects any longer. Bad nausea and headaches. I've been on many other anti-depressants and rarely get any side effects. I react well to most rx's but this is the first time I've had such negative side effects. The nausea lasts all day. I've been pregnant twice and been on chemo and this nausea is much worse!"

LG52 June 28, 2016

For Depression: "I am sooo stiff and lazy on Trintellix . I've been on it a year only because I am more focused , but I've had enough now of inactivity and I want to lose the 10 lbs I put on despite watching everything I eat. I find myself too hyper at times and slightly paranoid and over sensitive. I gave it a long hard try. Nope, not for me. I hope my dr will agree to let me go back on low dose cymbalta. I doubt she will agree. I will have to wean myself off this by myself very slowly. Then , I will have to try and convince her to please let me go back on cymbalta . Cymbalta helps calm me down. I hate being at the mercy of a doctor. It's my life. I know how I feel; she doesn't know how I feel. I would like to see her on Trintellix lol"

Juley12345 June 27, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started in1st of June. Doc told me to try and come back. Well you know day1that you took it but wasn't sure what is was doing. But 2weeks have past I feel great. Up and about. No head ac or no through up. I know it works good for me no dreams. Take it 10m when I go to bed. It has really help me. I was so depressed anxidy mad at things I seem now can't get upset I'm happy"

Doorman1956 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Have Major Depressive Disorder & PTSD. MAJOR ANXIETY DAILY. LIFE WAS UNBAREABLE. Brintellix 10mg has been a miracle for me. Haven't had suicidal thoughts, I'm able to work again.. I can feel the real, happy me. I've also tried many other "anti depressants" that didnt work well for me. THIS! by FAR, is the best. Worked quickly too. Good luck to all. Also I am blessed to have the prescriber I do who specializes in PTSD."

Beanah June 19, 2016

For Depression: "Don't believe this bs marketing, "serotonin modulator and stimulator" its action is like an SSRI, just on different 5-HT receptors. Took 5mg at night and the 2nd day I already noticed the side-effects. Slight dizziness, more tired than usual, rumbling and upset stomach, a vomit taste at the back of your throat, a sharp pain in my leg (like someone put out a cigarette butt). That scared me, but not as much as the tracers I was seeing. IMO do not take a compound that has not been on the market for at least 7-10yrs(you are just a pharma rat). Sure... you "may" feel better after two, three weeks, maybe... To me it seems just not worth it."

Med-rat June 17, 2016

For Depression: "Hello everyone , I've been on brintellix for a year. Okay, it's great for my mood but terrible for doing activities I use to enjoy like working out and walking . I just want to sleep all the time. Seriously, all I've been doing is sleeping, going to work and sleeping some more lol . I did stop smoking for 9 months so far so I guess my mood is good to be able to do that! I am not sure about staying on this drug. I think I want to go back on cymbalta but my dr wants me to stay on brintellix I'll figure this out. I'm sick of being tired all the time . Good luck everyone Ps... The first 3 months on it, I threw up and had bad esophagus pain"

Kaleygirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on a lot of different medications for Depression. Some were awful and terrible, while others were ok or tolerable, and there was even one where I thought that was as good as it's going to get. I was on that a long time. Then, my doctor suggested this. Wow! I can think clearly!! It's definitely a great medication. I have yet to see side effects and I've been taking it for about 6 months."

KyeG3 June 2, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've had MDD since I was 10 yrs old and now I'm 35, this has been the best med I've found yet! And it doesn't take a month to get in your system. It's the BEST!!!!!"

Bulllady81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

For Depression: "Horrible. I started on 5mg. I didn't have any side effects until week 2. I started to have worse anxiety and depression. I often felt like driving my car into the river or throwing myself down the stairs. I never had any feelings of harming myself until I started taking this med. My dr told me to go up to 10 mg and after 3 days of this I was doubled over in pain. I refused to continue taking it, and tapered off, 5 mg every 2 then 3 days and then I stopped. I would not recommend this to anyone."

GeeEssGee June 1, 2016

For Depression: "Been on trintelex for about 3 months now. Have never taken anything for anxiety or depression. I starts at 10 mg and saw no change and now I'm on 20 mg and feel amazing! I'm not as Fearful anymore and when I rarely do have a panic attack , it is easier to cope with and I can pull myself out of it easier. Been trying new things and lovig life! Side effects have been minimal, mild nausea the first few weeks. Very tired I've noticed but it's all worth it. I forgot to take It over a weekend once and had terrible anxiety and depression worse then before but went away after taking the medication for 2 days in a row. I could not be happy without this medication."

JanuaryRoses May 28, 2016