User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 222 reviews 46 medications

6.5
Depression 472 reviews 79 medications

Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 694 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Thought the nausea would pass but it didn't. I feel like a complete zombie that is constantly on the verge of throwing up. I'd rather be depressed than stay on this medication."

Anonymous September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Took 5 mg on a Friday, it put me to sleep for 12 hours. Took another 5 mg the next day and my chest seized up and my left arm lost sensation. I then started having heart arrhythmia every minute to the point where my entire left side of my chest hurt. I had no energy for the entire weekend. I felt depressed and miserable and in pain. I tried one more time Sunday night before bed and it woke me up from a dead sleep with chest pain and arrhythmia. I still have chest pain and arrhythmia and I've been off of it for 1 week. My energy levels are still low and I get out of breath easily. I have never had any problems cardio wise in the past."

Sogilu September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "For me this has been the worse medicine in the world. I took it four days and thought I would be crazy. I hate going to the hospital but I couldn't handle it any longer. Wow I felt so depressed, so sad, terrible but my friend told me stop this medicine and drink hot tea black tea. I did four times wow I felt another person ,"

NILDA Sendra September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I started at a 1/4 dose (2.5mg) and couldn't make it past day 6. I didn't have the vomiting that others report, but it destroyed my appetite. And then gave me diarrhea. Fastest 5lbs I ever lost. But moreover, it felt like I'd taken a bad amphetamine. It made me INCREDIBLY anxious; heart racing; waking at 5AM in a panic. I've taken SSRI's before--this was something more/different. There were a few glimmers around day 5 when I felt my mood was better (kind of like the kick you get from a cup of coffee) but the rest was unmanageable."

Markus2017 September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I took this from Feb 2017 until Sept 2017 for my GAD. I alternated between 5mg & 10mg daily. It worked ok for my anxiety, but just ok. Sex drive non-existent. Gained 20 lbs with no other lifestyle changes, so it had to be this medicine. I stopped with no withdrawal symptoms so that's good."

RedHairGirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on various medications such as Lexapro, Zoloft, and most recently Pristiq for two years, which worked wonders but I was no longer getting full benefits. So I asked my doctor if we could try something new. He recommended Trintellix. The first time I started taking it, my stomach hurt, like bloating, so I stopped and continued with the Pristiq. Went back to Dr and he told me to slowly ween off Pristiq while taking small dosage of Trintelix to give my body time to adjust. 1/2 Pristiq and 1/2 5mg Trintelix for 1wk, then 1/2 Pristiq every other day, and 5mg Trintelix for one week, then no pristiq and 7.5mg Trintelix for one week, and finally to goal of 10mg Trintelix. This worked much better and reduced the stomach aches."

SKato1 September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "My doctor switched me from being on Zoloft for 2+years for anxiety/ depression, cause it stopped working. Though it was rough to come off 150 mg dose of Zoloft onto 5mg trintillix to current dose of 10 mg, my depression symptoms have mostly gone away. But as soon as I started 10 mg dose, I felt nauseated every time after taking it. After 1 week on 10mg, told my doctor about the nausea, she said the benefits outweighed the side effects, to give it more time. 2 months later, nausea is so bad,I feel like trash! It doesn't matter if I take it with/ without food, or the time of day I take it, it makes me nauseous all the time and vomit on several occasions. I also get severe acid reflux, so I'm about to quit this med, it's not worth it!"

Tummy hurts (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication helped a little in the beginning, but then made me worse over time. With each increase dose the doctor insisted I'd start feeling better. By the time we got to 15 mg, I wasn't sleeping, I was having peripheral hallucinations, and emotional outbursts. I tried to tell my psychiatrist, but he seemed too invested in keeping his patients on this med. So I went to see my primary, who knows me well. I was an emotional wreck. I told him I had already dosed the med back down to 10 mg. He told me to come off the drug and gave me something for sleep. Perhaps there are people this med really helps, but it made everything in my life so much worse. So I fired my psychiatrist and will be seeing a new one soon"

Sushi33 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Trintellix 20 mg x 10 months, 53-year-old female with long-standing, chronic MDD & anxiety since pre-teen years. Been on far too many antidepressants over the decades to list them all here. Been hospitalized a number of times & in my 30's, resorted to ECT as a last resort, which did absolutely nothing. My psychiatrist says my MDD is very treatment-resistant. Antidepressants, even in high doses, or combined, have no effect. But I do believe for once in my life, the Trintellix is making some difference for the better in me; hasn't been a "miracle" drug, but it does help! No nausea or side effects, either! Also on Xanax, trazodone for sleep, & 10 mg Adderall daily."

Tracy1124 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I've been on Trintellix for 7 weeks along with Buspirone for Anxiety, which is my biggest problem. About 1 month in on Trintellix I got hives and itchy skin too. Wasn't sure what that was about. The hives seem to be going away slowly, not all gone yet but the itchy skin remains. It's manageable, just annoying. Not really sure this medication is helping me. Right now just trying to get/keep the anxiety under control."

Daisy Jeanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I got relief from depression and previous side effects of other antidepressants such as confusion. Unfortunately I also had severe muscle pain and weakness and tendinitis which caused me to discontinue the medication. My experience is not reported as one of the side effects so I am reporting it to the FDA. I was taking Wellbutrin at the same time and have not had bad side effects from Wellbutrin, although it does not fully treat my major depression."

BonZoni September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I started this a week ago 5 mg (actually for bipolar) got super sick so reduced to 2.5 for two nights back to 5mg. Now a week later just took my 1st 10 feeling great! Clear head, patient, feeling good, not so stressed as before. I am a little worried or actually a lot about weight gain- I am very active, eat well etc and I really hope this doesn't slow my metabolism like other antidepressants. I am hopeful and happy so far!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I was taking this drug for about 3 weeks (10mg) and not much happened. Then in several days my mood improved a lot. I had been on almost every medicaton before this - Sertraline, Escitalopram (helped a bit but made my emotions flat), Mirtazapine (helped but not enough), Agomelatine, Moclobemide (no reaction at all), Trazodone (made me extremely anxious), Clomipramine (helped a lot but had a lot of side effects: extreme sweating, constipation, decreased libido) so I was like "ok, we can try this, I don't expect anything to happen". My diagnosis is anxious depression with a bit of OCD and I must say I feel well on this drug. No side effects so far (!). Here in EU, it costs about 40 dollars a month, fully covered by state insurance."

Leon_cz September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "This pill makes me so nauseated and ill feeling that there is no way this should have ever been cleared by the FDA. After 2 months of taking it to let it "kick in" I feel like I'm physically dying. I've taken other anti-depressants that were fine. This should be recalled immediately."

JimDiesel (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken Lexapro for depression and anxiety for over 10 years-beginning in my early 40's. I have tried to change to other medications without success. But, I had the side effects on Lexapro of tiredness, lack of energy, and apathy. Maybe related to those side effects, but I believe also separately, I gained a lot of weight since I started the medicine. The trintellix is the first medicine that not is working on my mood and anxiety and my energy and get up and go has returned. I feel 20 years younger! For the past 6 weeks, I have taken 10 mg of Trinellix, while titration slowly down on my Lexapro (had been at 30 mg for years). I was less than hopeful, but am so thrilled to have this successs finally. I do have some stomach upset-not ba"

ozzycookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Terrible drug. Was so nauseated every day for 6 weeks until switched to zoloft or prozac."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm not allergic to anything except this drug. It made my body turn red, was painful, and gave me bumps all over my body that looked like measles which lasted for months before going away. I only took this medication for 3 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was prescribed 10 mg, but used a pill cutter to cut the pills in half to start the treatment slowly. Of note, I was off of Citalopram for 6 weeks prior to starting this new medication. After taking the first dose, I awoke the next day with heightened ringing in my ears (aka tinnitus). I took the dose at night and felt hungry after doing so. After only 6 days, and consulting my pdoc, I stopped dosing as the tinnitus did not stop and I'm concerned about damaging my hearing. 6 days after taking the last dose, I'm still experiencing nausea, general malaise, and the tinnitus is still there. The drug has a long half life. I had high hopes for this medication, and am really disappointed. I have to see an ENT about the tinnitus as well."

BJ1097 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Minimal effectiveness for me. Was on 10 mg for anxiety and depression for 8 months. Had to reduce to 5 mg due to extreme fatigue and general malaise. When my Dr. asked if it was helping I said I didn't know, other than it was making me tired and emotionless (not happy, not sad). His reply was if you don't know then it's not doing anything, Good answer! I tapered off over 2 months and withdrawal was hell. Now am only taking clonazapam for anxiety and feel much better. Tried it again for 1.5 weeks and only 5 mg (just to be sure) and had same extreme fatigue, blah blah blah feeling, and felt down and worthless. Then withdrawal effects again after only such a short period. This drug is not for me."

pvisser42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "20 mg. Very disappointed with AD effects after 4 months. Less cravings for booze + cigs than effexor. Constipation, sluggishness, slightly improved cognition."

AnUserName August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have severe depression and have been on Trintellix for a month. At first, the nausea and vomiting were awful. My doctor gave me promethizine, but that didn't help. A medication that did work is Zofran, and it works like a charm for the nausea. It completely stops it. I take Trintellix in afternoon and about an hour later, Zofran. No more nausea; I am so relieved. However, I thought Trintellix would help my depression more. I seem to be more anxious. I am prescribed Valium 5 mg. up to once a day, but I rarely used to take it. Now I am so anxious that I have to take it. I was so hopeful, and now I'm so disappointed that Trintellix is not working as expected. Does anyone have any suggestions for another anti-depressant?"

Dreamer528 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have had such bad side effects with many psychiatric drugs. Could not tolerate Zoloft, Lexapro, or Lamictal, and Prozac stopped working after a while. Trintellix has been a life saver and has caused NO nausea! In fact it also blocks the same receptor that many anti-nausea medications block. So for people who say they get nauseous on it, I think it's just a placebo effect for them. There's also a coupon on the website so I only have to pay $10/month. Only downside is it doesn't seem to help anxiety"

Ar89789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Have been on Trintellix 10 mg for 3 months now. Previously tried Celexa and Lexapro, and years ago Paxil and Prozac. Overall, it definitely works well to control my anxiety. My problems were more anxiety than depression, although Trintellix seems to help with my mood as well. I'm not nearly as tired as I was on Celexa and Lexapro. No nausea, but I still have some sexual side effects (low libido). Although the sexual side effects are definitely better than Celexa or Lexapro. Overall though, probably the best of the antidepressants I've been on, comparing efficacy vs. side effects."

Dc1331 August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have taken at least 5-6 antidepressants in the past and their positive effect tends to fade fast, leaving behind nothing but many unwanted pounds. After years unmedicated I have gone on 10mg of Brintellix, one dose with breakfast. Nausea, constipation and headache were brutal the first two weeks. My doctor suggested taking it at noon and today, at almost 4 weeks, only the nausea is left. I have also lost 4 pounds which is awesome for me! I feel my mood has significantly improved. I was very irritable and that has eased off. Nausea is a struggle. Will try saltines when taking it, to see if it helps."

JackieGeo August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took 5mg Trintellix daily for one week. Beginning on the third day, I started developing an infection on my cheek, like a pimply lump. This grew over day 4 and 5. By day 6, it was humongous and felt like it was spreading into my neck and could affect my breathing. I feel like it would have killed me had I not gotten antibiotics from my doc on day 7. I took the antibiotics for 10 days straight, including antibiotic cream, and that almost didn't do it... I am healed now, but convinced it was the vortioxetine. If you Google "antidepressant, staph infections", there is literature on this. I felt really good that week, but won't try it again."

Mad Cow (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017