User Reviews for Vortioxetine

6.3

Depression

Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 6.1 857 reviews

Reviews for Vortioxetine

For Not Listed / Other: "I have been trying to find the right medication for my anxiety and had no luck until this one. I am not gaining weight, my sex drive is definitely back, and I’m happy. I’m on 10mg and still dealing with some anxiety. I will be going to 20mg in a few weeks so interested to see how it works."

Nic (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication was prescribed to me as I was gaining weight on Zoloft. Initially I had depression/mdd. Until a few years ago I was diagnosed with PMDD. This is by far the toughest illness a women may be facing around her period time. I do not think this drug is for PMDD at all. I have been on it for a little over a year and it did nothing for me, minimal help. Please look at other SSRIs for the treatment of PMDD or Yaz. Some meds may help but it really depends. This one really doesnt."

z (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I took Trintellix for 3 and half years. It worked great for me. I got samples every month from my doctor due to the cost. My insurance didn't cover it and it was over $300 a month. I recently stopped taking it and now am I Zoloft. I pray it works as good as Trintellix did."

KK (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "For years I’ve experienced various forms of depression including post partum (PMDD), and MDD. My treatment regimen has included SSRI, SNRI and Wellbutrin. To my dismay none of these agents seemed work for me and as a result, my depression relapsed and my episodes were greater, even to the point of suicidal thoughts. Often times I would have talks with my psychiatrist that while being on the prescribed medicine, “ I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel.” Come to find out later these feelings were a result of the medication not helping me. After a few years of complete misery and helplessness, Brintellix came along. My world changed. Within the first week I was feeling complete. I was sleeping well, had more energy and I also found interest in things again. The biggest improvement was my focus and concentration. More than 3 years later, I’m still in this drug and experienced absolutely no side effects."

Coach (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I take 5 mg per day of trintellix. I take 10 mg as needed. I have cut the 10 mgs in half and I have also taken just the 5 mg pill. This is my first experience with antidepressants. I did try a generic prozac but only for 2 days as it gave me anxiety. Trintellix makes me a little dizzy for the first hour and tired for the 1st 2 hours. Based on reviews I anticipated strong nausea but it was not the case for me. I find that it is helpful to take it at night. Sometimes I feel huge energy, then at other times, I am "spaced out." However, I have noticed less obsessive/spiralling thinking and have stopped counting calories. I do feel a bit more complacent. At times I feel strangely positive, even blissful, and I know that it is the medication because it is so out of character. Then again, this medication does not prevent me from getting upset if something truly upsetting happens. Overall I recommend if you can afford it. Take advantage of the discount program."

Sandy August 13, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication only gave me headaches with no relief from my depression."

LA (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Brain zapping, Horrible diarrhea. Anxiety out of control!! 10 mg. Week 3. I want off. Irritable. Racing heart. Taking with klonpin. Not helping."

Andi (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I started at 5 mg with the understanding I would increase to 10mg after 7 days. By day 4, the nausea was deepening rather than going away as the doctor thought. At day 6, I was constantly vomiting, even to the point of dry heaves. My face and upper arms were bright red, with areas of broken capillaries. While easy to take (small pill form) the side effects were bad for me. It was difficult to get back to the doctor, and nausea continued whether with or without food. All in all, a very uncomfortable experience."

MayJay (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been taking trintellix and after 20 years of depression and anxiety I have been feeling much better. The only problem is, I can't afford it. I have the best health insurance and they do not pay for it. How can anyone get better if they charge over $200 a month. I am on SSI"

paly (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I had very little stomach issues. I read that many do, but not me. And I am feeling oh so much better on 10mg a day."

Duke (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for : "I have suffered from major anxiety for at least 20 years now and have tried many different medications to help it. My doctor tried me on some samples of Trintellix and for the first time in my life the extreme obsessive thinking has REALLY slowed down. I still have some anxiety and obsessive thoughts but I do also notice a HUGE improvement with my anxiety and OCD. It did make me feel a little nauseated at first and still does if I don't eat before... and it even created a little additional anxiety for me the first few weeks in transitioning over but one thing I've realized is these medications take time to work and we need to give them at least 4 weeks before we make a judgement. I'm glad I waited it out. Even though it's not 100 % (I'm not sure it ever will be) it has at least minimized the obsessive thoughts enough for me to start enjoying my life again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2018

For Depression: "The only med that worked for me, saved my life!"

Maj (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Depression: "Trintellix did not work for me. I took 5 mg for a week, and 10 mg for a week without any benefit. When the dose was increased to 15mg I experienced severe anxiety, The worst side effect was developing blurry vision and eye pain. A visit to my ophthalmologist confirmed a significant change in my eye pressure. It's call intraocular hypertension and is listed as a side effect. When I discontinued the trintellix, I became more anxious and was sweating as if I were menopausal. I've been off the medication for a week. My eyes still hurt and I'm hoping the pressure in my eye goes back to normal."

Orli (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Initially helped pull me out of depression. But made anxiety and restlessness worse and worse. Gave me restless leg syndrome, and had a 3 day stretch where I had 0 sleep even with visteril the first night, double the vistaril the second, and 3 ativans to finally enjoy maybe 4 hours on the 3rd. Made my mind feel so stimulated my thoughts were racing and even vivid like I was living in a dream. And the worse effect was the itching and the feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin. Went off completely and started zoloft. It's a lot better for anxiety"

Aaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Depression: "I’ve been on many antidepressants that haven’t worked but Trintellix is the best one so far. I’m currently taking 10mg and I never have felt better. I feel I’m not depressed anymore and I’m actually enjoying life. I had nausea the first week or two on it but that goes away once your body gets use to it."

Ajy245 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on viibryd for 3 years and noticed my depression was starting to get worse recently. I’ve been on all medicines imaginable. My dr put me on this starting out at 10mg and reduce my viibryd to 20 at the same time. I was on this less than a week And I was a complete wreck and I was itching all over."

Jokaye (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Trintellix for 3 Wks. Weaned off Effexor 150mg. Week 1 down to 110.5mg Effexor. Week two 75mg Effexor/5mg Trintellix. Week three 37.5mg Effexor/10 mg Trintellix. Now 10 mg Trintellix only. 1st two weeks not great. Anxiety kicked up – Dr. gave Xanax to help while changing doses. Nausea but nothing I couldn't handle. Past week has been better. Last 2-3 days anxiety gone down a lot. Less anxiety w/o needing benzo is great. MAJOR benefit - joint pain has greatly improved. For several months had severe left ankle pain - attributed it to injuries I had in my 20s. Next came severe pains in my left thumb & right index finger at knuckle. Thought it was the onset of arthritis. Really sucked b/c I'm a guitar player. At 37.5mg Effexor/10mg Trintellix joint pain started getting better. Clued in - maybe due to change in Rx. Looked it up - Effexor known to cause joint pains like the ones I've experienced. This is especially true when coming off Effexor. Joint pain not totally gone but 80-90% better."

DedZep2112 July 18, 2018

For Depression: "This were my 4th pills that I tried and it made me feel like zombie. From day 1, my stomach was so upset, nausea wasn't that bad, but it took all of my energy, I was more depressed, it felt like I was losing contact with real life... can't describe it. Not working for me."

trippleh (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was put on it less then a week ago Amplified my migraines and I lost track of time the last 5 hours in one day. I was dizzy and nauseous very forgetful and I feel like I was an out-of-body experience although it helped me with certain problems that I had. I would not recommend."

Joy (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Prozac all my life. I changed to this medication 3 months ago, I have bipolar 1 somatic syndrome I cannot explain how much this medication has helped my confidence and depressive episodes I'm on 15mg a day as well as 200mg quitiapine."

Bipolar guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Depression: "I was taking it for about a month . I stopped taking it because I didn't feel like myself at all. It made my anxiety worse. It didn't really help with my depression at all either . It made me feel more numb than anything."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm a 32 year old female, been on numerous antidepressants over the years. After being on Brintellix for 2 weeks I started thinking of suicide (I haven't felt suicidal in over a decade). Brintellix brought out the worst in me and really put me on a rollercoaster. Please be careful with this drug and monitor yourself closely, FDA issued warnings of the suicidal tendencies related to this drug as well, it very nearly ruined my life. I don't recommend it at all."

M (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Worked from day 2. My pancreatic cancer related depression disappeared. Felt better than I had done in many a year, 6 months later still working well"

Mr happy June 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Vortioxetine is at least as effective the SSRIs & SNRIs I've tried (possibly better). No noticeable if any side effects. It's probably the best antidepressant on the market. My copay was initially $100/month. After signing up for the manufacturer's savings program, my copay was $10/month. I eventually switched to a Cymbalta, because Trintellix would've cost $350/month under my new insurance policy."

JHH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Caused sexual dysfunction"

Queen Slick (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018