User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Major Depressive Disorder 125 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Depression 306 reviews 79 medications

6.1
Summary of Vortioxetine reviews 431 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Felt positive effects immediately at 10 mg. Had one day of diarrhea and some nausea but that went away when I started taking it after dinner. I'm going to ask to be bumped up to 20 mg on my next appt. Very happy with Trintellix. Works better than Wellbutrin, Pristiq or Lexapro and side effects are much less."

Tyler2214 August 25, 2016

For Depression: "I am on 10 mg per day. During the first couple of weeks I experienced some feelings of nausea, and that subsided. I have to say that Vortioxetine has been excellent for me, as it generates a feeling of peace and wellbeing that I have not experienced for some time. The other very positive aspect of this medication is that I have been able to shed quite a number of kilograms, which is something that I was unable to do on other AD medication. The positive of that is that feel good, lose weight, feel better, lose more weight, higher daily motivation. I am totally satisfied with this medication & would strongly recommend it to anyone contemplating a change of AD medication"

Greygrunt August 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am 18 years old and have suffered with major depression for 7 years. I tried cymbalta (hellish) and now this. this works ok but it makes me have mood swings. I'm fine one second and the next I am punching and breaking things. maybe it's just me idk"

Macyyyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I want to preface this review by saying that after years of taking things that did not work, I did a pharmacogenetic test to see what exactly my DNA was compatible with. As it turned out I'm not compatible with much. Only Prozac and Trintellix. Prozac made me angry and foggy and I was still having not-get-outta-bed days. But Trintellix was a game changer for me!!! I felt better very quickly and is the only drug that has ever truly worked for my depression. I will still have depressed moments. But I can get out of the bed. Sometimes I've even been cleaning the house etc. and crying at the same time, but as long as I'm able to still be on the move and not shut down in bed, that is progress to me. I'm truly thankful for this medication"

KY Kim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

For Depression: "This medicine does not work, no benefits from this at all, it is also advertised that the drug can improve your cognitive performances, for me the opposite is true, I feel a lot dumber! My personal and not medical advice is to stick with older medications since vortioxetine is relatively new on the market and not so much about this molecule is known."

RicyEsp (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

For Depression: "I've tried a few antidepressants and this one worked immediately. What I like is that I wasn't wonder whether it was me or the drug that was making me happy, I was just happy with this. Other drugs make me not care, but this is like a real narcotic where it just instantly makes you happier! The side effects are bad, yeah-- constant nausea and stomach aches, but if that's what it takes for me to function then so be it. My insurance may not cover it though and I am on the last week of my samples right now. The doctor told me it would take time to feel a difference but I felt "on" the first time I took it. It is definitely a stimulant because my jaw hurts a little bit. But at least I'm not crying anymore!"

Daisy3101 August 18, 2016

For Depression: "Hello everybody, i gave this med good 15 weeks to do its job but it never delivered actually. Social anxiety went down quite noticeably, but only as a result of unnatural sedation or rather "robotisation". I almost missed being "pumped up" by social situations (quite absurd as it sounds), so empty was this "calmness" that vortioxetine was installing within me. Sleep was good, everynight dreaming, though no recollections. Definitely an increased apettie resulting in almost 10 pound weigth gain. Overall feeling of being tired, sleepy, lethargic and apathehtic. No interest in anything really. Erections and orgasms unaffected, but libido singnificantly reduced. Ocassional nausea, lasting few minutes. Wish you luck in your med search !"

apatientpatient (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I began Brintellix @ 5mg/day. I was under a tremendous amount of stress at work (throwing up from anxiety on my way to work). I did not have any side effects and this may be because I had been taking Effexor for the first time ever in the month leading up to this. Effexor gave me terrible nausea and general strange feelings. I stopped the Effexor when I began Brintellix. Brintellix balanced my moods and even helped with my anxiety, which I have been told it tends not to help with. Within a month or so I felt normal again, I hadn't felt like that in years. YEARS! I was enjoying music, gardening, and WANTED to exercise again, and that helped tremendously. I SLEEP SOOOO MUCH BETTER! My pysch Dr was shocked insurance covered the drug."

CaliMike August 17, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This was definitely lifesaver for me. Before, i was suicidal, depressed and simply unable to focus on anything. This medicine helped me to regain back my focus and general improvement to mood as well. Despite the nausea that still persists 3 months into taking the medicine, this is something i wouldnt mind since it did help me to cope with my depression. Pricewise, it is indeed rather expensive (4 bucks per pill in my area) so do discuss it with your doctor."

Ericcc August 16, 2016

For Depression: "If you really hate yourself, and wanna go through hell, this is the drug for you. I took one 5mg dose, and that was all it took to have a miserable two days. Nausea, diarrhea and gas, headaches, and an overall achey/sore feeling were present throughout. The worst thing though, was the fatigue. I've never slept that much in my life. I was awake for about 4 hours total the first day, and even then I didn't have the strength to stand up I know that my experience may not happen to everyone, but is it really worth the chance? There's bound to be other drugs out there that can help you, without all these side effects. This drug never should have been approved for use"

RevChurch August 13, 2016

For Depression: "I do not recommend this mediacation at all. Totally overpriced rubbish. Made me feel nauseous straight after taking them to the extent I vomited."

Chlo1991 August 13, 2016

For Depression: "I started on it and was increased over several weeks to 20mg a day. At first, it was OK but then the nausea started. It did not matter if I took it with food or before bedtime, it was always there. I started feeling slow and more depressed. Today i saw my provider and we decided to wean me off and try something else. I am doing a genetic test to see what meds I will respond to the best."

Nextup August 12, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication is a game changer. I've been on 20 mg once per day (at night works best for me) for about 5 months. It is by far the best medication I have tried. Initially started on 10 mg, and raised my dose 2 months in. Pros : Overall heightened mood, more energy, ability to feel array of emotions, no sexual dysfunction (many anti-depressants are famous for cashing this), increases ability to enjoy activities I used to love. Neutral : does not treat my anxiety very well alone. Cons: nausea when starting the medication and increasing dose, more expensive than traditional anti depressants. Overall, I love this medication. I will definitely continue on it. I have seen a big improvement since trying Trintellix."

elizabethmac August 9, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Took 5 mg for a month. Great for improving depression and increasing energy. However, at the start of week 4, I had increased heart rate and it seemed like my heart was skipping beats. Worse in morning after taking pill. Psychiatrist did not think medication caused cardiac changes, but I have no history of heart disease. Decided to stop on my own. After a day, heart rate better but still high. Skipping beats seem less prominent. Have appointment with a cardiologist in 2 weeks as a new patient."

Tobicoal August 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on this for a week and I don't know what to think. I started it due to my anxiety and self harm. I am finally breathing normally and I feel no urge to hurt myself. The nausea was really bad the first few days, I had terrible headaches and felt really drowsy. Those symptoms have subsided for the most part. I have very vivid dreams. My problem is that I have very extreme mood swings. I normally don't get very angry but now I feel like I have an anger/aggression problem! I am typically very very passive! I don't know if I can be on this much longer."

MV0808 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

For Depression: "I was given 60 days samples of brintellix 10mg from my cnp to replace ibuproprion (Wellbutrin) 150mg and gen lexapro 20mg -which was causing my bp to go up. I also take Ritalin up to 40 mg per day as need I am a 46yo female w gad and adhd. brintellix was an option to address the gad w/o affecting bp. I began brintellix on 7/16 and quit 7/30 bc I couldn't tolerate the following S.E's. •dizziness!! mental fog •diarrhea every morn • increased appetite (gained 10 lbs in the 15 days I was on this med) • incr in irritability- • floaters in my vision including seeing sparkly flashes of light -very weird! I stopped taking brin on 7/31. se symptoms have mostly gone but still feeling brain foggy"

labrat36492 August 1, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I have been on many anti-depressant medication for years. The last prescription was mirtazapine. Weight gain was ridiculous. My new doctor has prescribed 5 milligrams for the first two weeks then increase to 10 milligrams. After the first week I feel amazing I've had no side effects. I want to get out of bed, get dressed. Open the window shade for sunshine. I have not felt this good in a very long time. Two thumbs up kudos to my new doctor for prescribing this amazing antidepressant"

Fluffy1963 August 1, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "On 20mg for about two months with no concrete signs of improving depression/anxiety. Dr. told me to just stop taking it as I hadn't been on it very long so didn't need to taper off. After not taking any dose for 3 days, I woke up in middle of night with excruciating stomach pain and vomited off and on for hours. Absolutely horrible. I also think there could be a negative interaction between this drug and Concerta. Just my own personal experience. I hope this drug works for you! If not, there's are hundreds others that will."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was switched to Trintellix after several other SSRI medications didn't seem to work. I was started on 10mg, the first week I felt fine. But then its as if overnight I became a different person. I went straight into a mania phase. I wasn't sleeping, eating. I felt like I had no control of my emotions or my body. It almost cost me my marriage. Thankfully, my husband knew me well enough to know this was not normal for me and had me go back to my PCP and now I'm back on Zoloft and waiting to get in with a Psychiatrist to find some other options. I don't want to experience anything like that again."

ManiaMama July 30, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I took this medication in 2015 (as Brintellix) for approximately 3 months for major depression. It made one of my lower eyelids twitch. And I mean twitching non-stop, 24-7 which continued for 3 weeks after cessation of the drug. It looked like i had an incontrollable tic, both embarassing and physically uncomfortable. I was afraid the tic could become permanent tardive dyskinesia so I stopped the medication. As far as depression, I did not notice any significant improvement."

Tigace (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Depression: "Compared with the traditional SSRIs I would say that this is a gentle drug You can feel the increase in serotonin nevertheless. I have CYP issues so am starting on 2.5. And it's ok so far. I think it reacts with the quetiapine to increase unwanted sedation. I have had no big s/e and I really feel Docs should start this low. None of us take meds for fun. With severe depression mixed with GAD I am cautiously optimistic. It's expensive so if you've bought some and are struggling I seriously advice lowering the dose and I hope you get the benefits in due course. Old Dodgy"

Old Dodgy (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

For Depression: "Holy doodles, this is by far the most insane med I have ever been on. My anxiety has been getting hard to handle so my dr prescribed me This to see if it would help. I started it Monday morning and by today (thursday) I was so manic I thought I was losing my mind. It increased my anxiety tenfold, caused horrible insomnia, shakes...i basically thought Id flown the coup!!! Be aware of changes after you start taking this!!!"

EmmRae July 29, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "Only been on it for a week and a half so far. The first few days caused dizziness and a bout of nausea about an hour after taking it with food. I don't get nauseous taking it anymore. I still get dizzys every now and then but they're less intense now. I can already tell a difference in my mood. I'm excited to see my future progress"

RachelE2010 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine) for Depression: "I'm taking 10mg as prescribed. I didn't feel the need for it but the Dr. recommended it. I'm hoping my sex drive will increase and to be more patient when driving (not as irritable). I'm still in week one but I do have multiple side effects: nausea, head aches. I really hope they stop soon. I'm still optimistic about this med. Reading some reviews on here helped. If it doesn't get better, I'll just stop."

Charlie_14 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

For Depression: "Started at 5mg for a week and then went up to 10 after stopping Pristiq. First two weeks I experienced extreme nausea and diarrhea but it eventually subsided. I also was very lightheaded the first few days adjusting to the medication. Now the only side effect I have noticed is extreme fatigue. My mood has improved quite a bit just not any improvement in motivation."

Anonymous July 21, 2016