User Reviews for Valsartan (Page 5)

Also known as: Diovan

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 9.5
High Blood Pressure 5.6
Summary of Valsartan reviews 5.7 117 reviews

Reviews for Valsartan

miserable June 24, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Taking Diovan for 160 mg for 3 months with no noticeable side effects, than had what the doctor refers to as an orthostatic syneopal episode. I passed out. Was out of work for 4 weeks. Doctor increased dose to 320 and nearly all of the side effects listed for this medication has presented itself. The worst being muscle weakness and cramping. ”

robynrn May 25, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Diovan 80mg was prescribed to me. It did nothing for my blood pressure. I started on 160mg/12.5, this increased my BP from 140/90 to 160/107 and gave me serious side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, etc. My sister takes this medicine without any problems.”

rkm123 May 11, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Diovan effectively controlled my high blood pressure for 2 years. Then suddenly I developed low potassium levels; fluctuating blood pressure, rapid pulse, ringing in the ears, nausea and deep tissue pain with chronic inflammation. The dose was dropped by 1/2. Sleep apnea began. It took three months- many-ER visits, two hospitalizations and cardiac monitoring to figure out what my blood pressure was actually doing. Eventually it took only 1/4 of the dose of the medication to "control" my pressure without causing side effects. The onset of these symptoms without doctors recognizing them created concern for me about this medication. I recommend regular monitoring of your own blood pressure.”

Anonymous March 27, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I started using Diovan four months ago, although it has lowered my pressure considerably, I'm experiencing itchy and tender scalp. My hair is extremely brittle and constantly breaking.”

JaxJM March 22, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I took Diovan for two months to reduce blood pressure. It appears to be working, with no apparent side effects, other than COST. It is not available as a generic and even with a good prescription benefit it was costing me $60/month.”

Doo Dee March 20, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “It worked well for me. Blood pressure is great and NO side effects. I love this medicine.”

GreatMom February 15, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I found that there are too many side effects with this medicine. The worst was numbing of my face, also I had nausea and vomiting which caused dehydration. I only took it for 2 weeks.”

Anonymous February 3, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Slow to work but eventually gets there.”

DE DE January 21, 2009

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have taken Diovan for approximately 3 years with good success. I have had no noticeable side effects and it maintains my blood pressure around 125/82.”

Anonymous December 8, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Caused dizziness and nausea.”

Anonymous November 18, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “Diovan was prescribed by my doctor nearly 10 years ago. Turns out both my parents also take it. None of us have any side effects that we are aware of, and it controls the hypertension effectively. Never been on any other high blood pressure treatment.”

blood pressure November 7, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I think this drug is causing ringing in my ears.”

'arotjk November 7, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “One side effect NOT listed here but is listed elsewhere falls under the category of dermatological side effects - alopecia. So if your scalp becomes pink and irritable and you start developing thinning or actual bald patches, ask your doctor to switch you to another medication.”

Anonymous October 21, 2008

For High Blood Pressure: “First medicine I was put on for high blood pressure and no negative reactions. Very satisfied. Many people have to take various medicines before finding a good "fit".”

Rooh August 22, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I have been taking this medicine for several months now, and I am very pleased with the results. I had been taking another medication that wasn't able to reduce my blood pressure as well as Diovan has, and it had more side effects.”

aronukmale June 19, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “I used to take 360mg a day, now I'm down to 80mg a day. I have taken this for years. I wouldn't change to anything else, it has really done wonders on my blood pressure (BP). Now my BP is well controlled.”

dreamkeeper0863 March 30, 2008

Diovan (valsartan): “Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: 100 % effective for me!!!”

LL73 March 20, 2008

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: “100 % effective for my High Blood Pressure.”